Commander
# 11
02-19-2013, 06:33 AM
I'm yet to see a BoP able to surprise sci pilot in Ker'rat. In Arena - yeah. In C&H - when it's a Fedball fighting a Klink gank - yeah. But Ker'rat?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopbang View Post
So I am flying my Tac Vesta, Aux Cannons etc etc. I warp into Kerrat. Some klinks spot me and are all like 'lulz a vesta lets go pwn it" etc etc. I activate APA, GWIII, APD, and RFII. I get some lols to my self, seeing 2 burning BoP hulks.
I don't understand why people think the Vesta is so weak. Silly klinks.
screens or ur lying...etc etc

killing anything besides npcs without dhcs, especially battlecloaking bops in kerrat is sorta hard to believe etc etc

Last edited by beefsupreme79; 02-21-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Commander
# 13
02-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsupreme79 View Post
screens or ur lying...etc etc

killing anything besides npcs without dhcs, especially battlecloaking bops in kerrat is sorta hard to believe etc etc
There is only one type of "Aux Cannon" and that is the Aux DHC. Its implied that its a DHC.
Captain
# 14
02-23-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
People think its so weak because 99.99% o owner saw it in the cstore and went ohhhh wows shiny paid a fortune for it

They then run all three consoles instead of armour they then run dhc without any knowledge to really get them in arc

Plus with the turn rate it has a real bop flyer wouldn't let you get even one hit on them and I real pvper wouldn't type into chat what he's going to do before hand and would probably be running APOx2 which enables you to dance in and out of grav well going lol lol lol and a real bop flyer wouldn't let you see him until the BO3 takes down your shield facing

So just because you shot down 2 bops which happen to be the easiest clas of ship in game to destroy Incase you didn't realise, doesn't mean that the vesta is better it just means you were better than the 2 said pilots which doesn't sound like a mean feat tbh
Pretty much this when it comes to the BoPs. Sounds to me like he killed two guys who didn't know how to use the BoP. If that had been his response to an attack from me (or, heaven help him, an attack from me and Zirac/some other decent BoP ambusher), he'd be wreckage. . .because my BO2/BO3 + RF2 + HY3 attack would've blasted him to pieces. If they didn't, I'd be well on my way outta there before he fires his silly aux DHC at me.
Lieutenant
# 15
02-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Pretty much this when it comes to the BoPs. Sounds to me like he killed two guys who didn't know how to use the BoP. If that had been his response to an attack from me (or, heaven help him, an attack from me and Zirac/some other decent BoP ambusher), he'd be wreckage. . .because my BO2/BO3 + RF2 + HY3 attack would've blasted him to pieces. If they didn't, I'd be well on my way outta there before he fires his silly aux DHC at me.
Am i reading this right? Sounds like your saying yeah you killed two people, but if it were me and 2 of my buddys you wouldnt win?
And since when did the klinks turn into the galaxys happy slappers? Cant any of you stay around for a fight anymore?

Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
Captain
# 16
02-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan5 View Post
Am i reading this right? Sounds like your saying yeah you killed two people, but if it were me and 2 of my buddys you wouldnt win?
And since when did the klinks turn into the galaxys happy slappers? Cant any of you stay around for a fight anymore?
What, you can't engage engines and Pursue? (or is it that you're terrified of possibly outrunning the rest of the Fedball and having to rely on YOUR weapons and ship to get kills?)

Or is it that you actually THINK that being "Red team" in this game means surrendering the forebrain. Check this out:

the Bird of Prey class, in particular, has the lowest hull, lowest shields, fewest weapons, fewest Bridge seats, fewest consoles. Only a complete MORON would play to the strengths of their enemies and their own weaknesses-the BoP has thin hull, a shield mod that is more "wishing and praying" than protection, is limited to SIX weapons and four Bridge seats, and gives up all of this for two things;

Turn Rate, and Battlecloak.

BC in particular requires skill and timing to use effectively. use it wrong, try to cloak with a sci on your ass, and you're exposing that soft, easy-to-chew-through hull directly to enemy fire, no shielding applies.

ONLY AN IDIOT stands and fights in a BoP. Savvy that, P'etaq?
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.

Last edited by patrickngo; 02-23-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Captain
# 17
02-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan5 View Post
This made me giggle.

Visual thinker here; seeing the Klingons moving in, punching a ship in the face and then running off while laughing their backsides off was a good image.

A much more comical approach to the generally serious pastime of warfare, if you will.

Anyway, I think he meant himself and 1 other person, equalling the 2 people of the post he was referring to. And I agree, you gotta be a pretty decent captain to stand up to two good simultaneous BoP Alpha's from cloak. I doubt there'd be much appeal to running after that, as it'd be more attractive to stick around and finish it, if needed.

A failed alpha? Yes, evasives'd make sense, considering the average durability of a BoP in a 'fair' fight against anything but the Aquarius. After the alpha, all weapon abilities'd be on cooldown, and evasive action for at least 15 seconds will provide a better secondary attack run.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
02-23-2013, 07:02 AM
vesta is a good ship for a sci that knows wot he is doing. i think its a most to spec for its aux cannons it all so means gw3 can do over 1 k a sec dmg and he3 1300k a sec healing i kicked my kdf fleet leaders boss today 5-0 in my vesta and im not even that much of a pvp player.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Captain
# 19
02-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Any ship in the hands of a player who knows what they are doing are a force to be reckoned with. I think most of the time what happens is plenty of players buy these ships on release without fitting them properly, then go to Ker'rat or a PvP match thinking they'll own everything but instead get blown up a lot.

In short there are no bad ships, just bad players.
Raagish - KDF Science
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"
Captain
# 20
02-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
What, you can't engage engines and Pursue? (or is it that you're terrified of possibly outrunning the rest of the Fedball and having to rely on YOUR weapons and ship to get kills?)

Or is it that you actually THINK that being "Red team" in this game means surrendering the forebrain. Check this out:

the Bird of Prey class, in particular, has the lowest hull, lowest shields, fewest weapons, fewest Bridge seats, fewest consoles. Only a complete MORON would play to the strengths of their enemies and their own weaknesses-the BoP has thin hull, a shield mod that is more "wishing and praying" than protection, is limited to SIX weapons and four Bridge seats, and gives up all of this for two things;

Turn Rate, and Battlecloak.

BC in particular requires skill and timing to use effectively. use it wrong, try to cloak with a sci on your ass, and you're exposing that soft, easy-to-chew-through hull directly to enemy fire, no shielding applies.

ONLY AN IDIOT stands and fights in a BoP. Savvy that, P'etaq?
This. Exactly this. If I happened to be flying a Raptor (or a battlecruiser, for that matter), I'd stick around and dogfight. As it is, I fly a BoP. . .and BoPs don't 'slug it out'. Not in this game, anyhow. It's meant to be quick, maneuverable, and fast-hitting. . .either that, or a makeshift offensive sci vessel using tractor beams, gravity wells, etc. BoPs definitely have their purpose in PvP, it just takes skilled handling.