Career Officer
REWARDS REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS

There has been a lot of talk lately in-game and on the forums about the changes made to what rewards are earned and how. From the grumblings, it's obvious that a lot of players are unhappy with some of the changes that have been made. It's also obvious that Cryptic is trying to find a fair and balanced approach as to how rewards are doled out in-game. So I wanted to put forth my own proposal for consideration to revamp the rewards system.

Star Trek Online is a persistent, ever-growing galaxy with a myriad number of players and player types. Some are here to role-play. Some are here to PvP. Some are here to grow their characters and their fleets. Some are here to play episodic story missions provided by Cryptic Studios or other players via the Foundry. All are here to boldly go and experience the wonder that is Star Trek.

But what many, it seems, are being forced to do is grind, grind, grind. And not just any grind. No, you MUST play THIS mission if you want THAT reward.

REWARD CHOICE

How about giving players the option as to what rewards they want to play for on any given mission?

Most every mission available in the Mission Journal from Episode Replay to Available Dailies rewards Skill Points and Expertise, and this should remain for any and all missions undertaken. In addition, many of these missions also reward Dilithium, Fleet/Omega/Romulan Marks, and/or Equipment/Items. I suggest making this standard for ALL missions: Reward Skill Points and Expertise, AND a choice between Dilithium, Marks, or Equipment/Items.

Today you might want to play "Mission A" for Dilithium. Tomorrow you might want to play the same mission for Fleet Marks. The next day maybe you'll play for some other reward. The point is, the players choose what rewards they're playing for AND have the freedom to play the game the way they want to play, instead of feeling forced to play it someone else's way.

"I need to earn my Reputation Marks to advance my character, but my fleet's counting on me to earn Fleet Marks to advance the fleet, and I've got to get Dilithium to buy that Mark XII gear I've been wanting, but I've only got a couple of hours to play! ARRRGH!!!"

As I've already said, Star Trek Online is ever-growing and will only get bigger. There is already more in the game than any one player could ever hope to accomplish in one day's worth of playing. And the Delta and Gamma Quadrants haven't even been added yet, much less the remainder of Alpha and Beta! Soon players will feel, if they aren't already, that they are missing out on something if they're being herded toward certain content just so they can get certain rewards.

"How the hell can I earn my Fleet Marks when everyone on my 'team' goes AFK during the mission?!"

And by giving players the choice of what rewards they earn in any mission they choose to play, it should eliminate the need to constantly change which missions reward what.

"What?! They nerfed the Foundry rewards again?!?"

After implementation of this choice option, then Cryptic need only adjust down how much Dilithium, Marks, and/or Equipment/Items to reward on mission completion rather than eliminate the reward(s) altogether in the event exploitation is discovered, or adjust up if a need is found for Dilithium, Marks, and/or Equipment/Items. Players will find that their favorite content will continue to reward what they want/need, even if the amounts fluctuate from time to time.

Cryptic's metrics should then start to reflect which content players actually WANT to play versus which content they HAVE to play since all missions become equal where rewards are concerned. This would also give Cryptic the insight into where they can revamp stale content that isn't being played or eliminate it altogether in favor of new and better content.

FLEET MARKS AND "FLEET GAMEPLAY"

Everyone knows that Fleet Marks are to benefit the advancement of the Fleets. Mr. Stahl has stated that Fleet Marks are intended to be rewarded for "Fleet Gameplay". And that's all well and good. But what exactly is "Fleet Gameplay"? As others have said before, if you're in a Fleet, ANY rewards that a player earns in ANY mission can be used toward Fleet Advancement (i.e. Expertise, Commodities, Duty Officers). So it stands to reason, that ANY mission that a player plays should also have the potential to reward Fleet Marks.

As suggested before, give players the choice to be rewarded Fleet Marks when they complete the mission. Many missions already have the "choose one of the following" option upon completion. Let the player choose to be rewarded with Fleet Marks. Perhaps here the amounts rewarded are less than what would be rewarded for playing a Fleet Action or Fleet Event, but it still gives the solo player the ability to earn Fleet Marks for his/her Fleet.

And in response to Mr. Stahl's comment about Fleet Marks being intended for "Fleet Gameplay": Doesn't just about any content in the game give you the opportunity to team up with other players, with players replacing members of the Away Team, etc? So then, any content in the game where players CAN team up with other players should have the potential to award Fleet Marks. And any content that REQUIRES players to team up with 5 or more other players should definitely reward Fleet Marks, albeit at a higher rate than solo content.

COMMENDATION EXPERIENCE POINTS

If you've maxed out your Commendation Experience Points (CXP) in any Commendation category, then you know that excess CXP can be converted to Fleet Marks by filing a Commendation Report. I propose that another way to help players earn Fleet Marks via this conversion process is by designating ALL mission/content with a Commendation category (or categories) and award CXP along with Skill Points and Expertise.

We already see this with Rescue Deferi Captives (Daily) which awards 10 Diplomatic CXP.

Now, we could see players earn Exploration CXP for Exploring Strange New Worlds, Military CXP for PvP, Engineering CXP for Crafting, Development CXP in the Reputation System, or even Trade CXP for buying/selling on the Exchange. I've often found it odd that I receive no Diplomatic CXP for any of the Diplomatic Investigations that Ambassador Jiro Sugihara sends me on.

No mission/content should have more than 3 category rewards, as I've seen no more than 3 categories on any one DOFF assignment. And rewards should probably be no more than 10 CXP per category much like Rescue Deferi Captives (Daily), as the main source of CXP should remain with the DOFF system.

Foundry authors could also develop content that rewards CXP for certain categories. Espionage missions, Diplomatic missions, Scientific missions. All content, of course, meeting certain guidelines to avoid possible one-click exploitation.

REPUTATION SYSTEM

Let me just say that I love the Reputation System, which gives players the ability to further develop their characters. We know that Cryptic plans to add more Reputation Tracks in the future, and one would assume that this would require players to play certain content/missions that would reward Marks exclusively for those new Reputation Tracks. And as Cryptic has already observed, this also means, players will abandon certain content within the game in order to pursue those Reputation Marks to further develop their characters. Including a small amount of Dilithium and Fleet Marks, as a reward choice, as stated above, to that content would help players and Fleets, by allowing players to continue to develop their characters through the Reputation System without having to completely abandon helping with Fleet Advancement.

An observation regarding the Reputation System and Marks:

We currently have 2 Reputation Tracks: Omega and Romulan, which require Omega Marks and Romulan Marks respectively.

"How many 'currencies' do they plan to add to this game anyway?!"

As Cryptic plans to add more Reputation Tracks in the future, it would tend to indicate that yet more "currencies" will be added in-game with every new Reputation Track added. Didn't Cryptic try to streamline the economy once already by eliminating superfluous currencies in favor of Dilithium?

I propose that the Reputation System use one currency: Reputation Marks. All Tracks will use the same Reputation Marks, eliminating the need to keep track of a potentially endless number of different Marks for each Reputation Track added. Omega and Romulan Marks will need to be converted to Reputation Marks if this were to take place. Another reason this should done: What good will Omega and Romulan Marks be once players have maxed out those Reputation Tracks and unlocked everything in the respective stores? Surely, you don't want players to completely abandon STFs and New Romulus once they?ve maxed out those Reputation Tracks. So what would they do with extraneous Omega and Romulan Marks?

"But what's to stop players from exploiting that by just running Romulan missions and using the Reputation Marks earned there to level up and unlock items on the Omega Track?"

Well, nothing I suppose. But to be honest, how is it an exploit? You EARNED the Reputation Marks, and the Reputation System is about developing your character. So shouldn't you have a say in how you spend those Marks? And I'd much rather have that, than to keep track of a dozen different categories of Marks. The Reputation System has endless potential, and as I've already said, a potentially endless number of different Marks for each Reputation Track added, which would make the Reputation "economy" cumbersome over the long haul. Streamlining it now would avoid a headache in the future.

[EDIT: OK, it was pointed out to me that extra Omega/Romulan Marks can be turned in for Dilithium. I'd forgotten about that. But there would still be a plethora of different Marks as new Reputation Tracks are added making the whole thing cumbersome to manage.]

DILITHIUM

There has been a lot of concern over how much Dilithium players earn in-game, and that has been addressed numerous times and in numerous ways. But players have been less concerned with how much Dilithium they EARN and more concerned with how much they can REFINE. The 8000 Dilithium per day refining cap has been the bigger hindrance for players.

"I've got unrefined Dilithium overflowing my cargo holds and nothing to do with it!"

For the players, perhaps add a Dilithium Mining Reputation Track that, once completed, would allow players to refine more Dilithium per day.

- Tier 1 +125 additional Dilithium refined per day.
- Tier 2 +250 additional Dilithium refined per day.
- Tier 3 +500 additional Dilithium refined per day.
- Tier 4 +1000 additional Dilithium refined per day.

The Dilithium store for said Track could offer special Dilithium mining equipment that increase Dilithium rewards during the Dilithium Mining missions and events. Revamp the daily Dilithium Mining so that it would require players to actually search out the best Dilithium veins using said equipment. Each tier's equipment would find better Dilithium sources and mine greater quantities, but each equipment tier would need to be unlocked before unlocking the next higher tier.

For the Fleets, perhaps add a Fleet Holding: Dilithium Refinery. Here unrefined Dilithium could be used to help tier up this Fleet Holding since many players seem to have more unrefined Dilithium than refined. And again, once completed, the Fleet Dilithium Refinery would allow players to refine more Dilithium per day.

- Tier 1 +250 additional Dilithium refined per day.
- Tier 2 +500 additional Dilithium refined per day.
- Tier 3 +1000 additional Dilithium refined per day.

Perhaps special Geologist Duty Officers can be offered through here that can be used to earn bonus Dilithium during DOFF assignments, or be used in Active Ground Slots to provide a chance at bonus Dilithium during mining missions.

Between these two ideas, players could have access to an additional 2000 refined Dilithium per day once all projects are completed for a maximum of 10,000 refined Dilithium per day.

SCALING REWARD SYSTEM

I think that scaling rewards based on the gameplay of Foundry missions was an excellent way to go. So in addition to giving players reward choice for any given mission, perhaps the idea of scaled rewards can be carried over into other aspects of the game as well.

How about scaling rewards based on the difficulty level at which the mission is played? This is already done with drops being more valuable at a higher difficulty setting. Why not reward more Dilithium, Fleet Marks, Reputation Marks, etc. at higher difficulty settings?

If players accept the challenge of playing harder against more difficult odds, then the rewards for success should be all that much greater.

LOCKBOXES

"... ... ..."

One final thing I would like to mention is Lockboxes. I think it's fair to say that players have a love-hate relationship with Lockboxes. Players end up with a plethora of Lockboxes. Personally, I cannot even begin to afford all the keys I would need to open every Lockbox that I've accumulated thus far.

How about making Lockbox Keys a rare drop item? Say for every 10-20 Lockboxes that drop, a Lockbox Key would drop instead. Consider it the carrot to encourage the purchase of additional Lockbox Keys.

"Here's a free Lockbox Key! Try it out! Get something good in the Lockbox? Perhaps you'd like to buy more Keys for greater rewards!"

I don't know. It's just a thought.

Anyway, these are some of my suggestions on how the Star Trek Online reward system might be revamped. I don't pretend to know how all of the behind-the-scenes business of the game works. I just know what I see in-game, and what I'd like to see in-game. Perhaps all of these suggestions could work. Perhaps none of them could work. What do you think?

Last edited by baddmoonrizin; 02-20-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Commander
# 2
02-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Wow, sorry but I couldn't read the whole thing, but I agree with the opening sentiment; with the Foundry system in place for basing rewards on average play-time it shouldn't be too hard to just do the same thing with story missions when replaying for an extra reward. All it needs is some kind of exchange rate so that instead of say 500 Dilithium you get 20 marks or something, not sure what the best values would be but you get the idea.

Currently I do pretty much the same things for my Dilithium but it gets boring, meanwhile the story missions are all already there, and if I could play some to get Dilithium that way it'd be a big bonus. In a game like STO the more ways of accomplishing the same goal is always better as even though you're still grinding at least you can be doing it in different ways.
Career Officer
# 3
02-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Is an interesting proposal, but I'm not entirely sure I agree with the idea of a universal reputation mark. With the release of both reputation systems we got new content specifically geared towards those reputation systems. The rep systems themselves were in fact an incentive to play that specific new content.

Still your argument about players being allowed to play what they want and choose their rewards is a compelling one. What I'd suggest is that upon reaching Tier 2 or 3 in a reputation system players unlock special projects that allow them to convert other reputation marks to the marks used by that specific reputation. It will probably become somewhat cumbersome in the future, but I don't see it being any worse than the T5 Omega Reputation system's list of gear projects for a long, long time.

Additionally I've noticed you didn't say anything about how the various queued contents rewards are rather uneven in some cases. For instance the fleet mark missions tend to cap out at something like 25 marks awarded for a successful run unless during a Fleet Mark Event and even that's a touch high in regards to some missions. These missions are marked as being "moderate" difficulty. The marks are also the only things awarded.

Compared to the STFs which come in "easy/normal" and "hard/elite" difficulties and award 19 or 60 marks for completion depending on the difficulty chosen along with a 5 or 15 mark bonus for completing an optional on top of a loot-bag and a chunk of dilithium.

I personally feel that all queued content that awards marks should award a flat amount that is scaled based on difficulty for completing the mission (to the tune of "easy"=20, "moderate"=40, and "hard"=60) and a bonus that should be dependent on either score or optional completion even though this would necessitate some changes in how some of the current missions work.

Further, I think that queued content should award one type of mark and one type only unless there's some type of wrapper mission involved or say it's changed so that running a reputation mission during the Fleet Mark event awards some number of Fleet Marks or running a fleet mark mission during the reputation hour awards some number of random reputation marks.
Career Officer
# 4
02-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
Is an interesting proposal, but I'm not entirely sure I agree with the idea of a universal reputation mark. With the release of both reputation systems we got new content specifically geared towards those reputation systems. The rep systems themselves were in fact an incentive to play that specific new content.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. The main reason for this suggestion, though, was to keep the Reputation System from getting bogged down with so many "currencies" that it would be difficult to keep track of them all. I am continuing to brainstorm a way to make this work without being overly complicated.

Quote:
Still your argument about players being allowed to play what they want and choose their rewards is a compelling one. What I'd suggest is that upon reaching Tier 2 or 3 in a reputation system players unlock special projects that allow them to convert other reputation marks to the marks used by that specific reputation. It will probably become somewhat cumbersome in the future, but I don't see it being any worse than the T5 Omega Reputation system's list of gear projects for a long, long time.
But this would still require the use of multiple "currencies", i.e. Marks, which I was trying to avoid.

Quote:
Additionally I've noticed you didn't say anything about how the various queued contents rewards are rather uneven in some cases. For instance the fleet mark missions tend to cap out at something like 25 marks awarded for a successful run unless during a Fleet Mark Event and even that's a touch high in regards to some missions. These missions are marked as being "moderate" difficulty. The marks are also the only things awarded.

Compared to the STFs which come in "easy/normal" and "hard/elite" difficulties and award 19 or 60 marks for completion depending on the difficulty chosen along with a 5 or 15 mark bonus for completing an optional on top of a loot-bag and a chunk of dilithium.
Well, I didn't mention that, because I figured that if any or all of these suggestions were to be implemented, then rewards across all content would be adjusted accordingly. Since my main point was to make all rewards available across all content through player choice, some adjustment to amounts rewarded would have to be done.

For example, if you could receive Fleet Marks as a solo player for replaying Episode Missions, because that's the reward you chose at mission completion, then that reward would not be as much as if you had completed a Fleet Action or Fleet Event where you actually had to team with other players.

Quote:
I personally feel that all queued content that awards marks should award a flat amount that is scaled based on difficulty for completing the mission (to the tune of "easy"=20, "moderate"=40, and "hard"=60) and a bonus that should be dependent on either score or optional completion even though this would necessitate some changes in how some of the current missions work.
I agree that the pay out in Fleet Marks for Fleet Events is shamefully low. I've tried to avoid using numbers, because I'd rather leave that up to Cryptic to figure out to make sure they achieve the needed in-game balance. But here's a thought and I'll use some easy numbers to illustrate:

What about awarding Fleet Marks during Fleet Actions/Events based on percentage of completion?

For example, completing "Fleet Event A" successfully would award 100 Fleet Marks, but if only 50% of the Event were completed before mission failure, then only 50 Fleet Marks would be rewarded. Additionally, any Optional Objectives within any given Fleet Action/Event would award a flat Fleet Mark bonus to the base Fleet Marks earned, and let's arbitrarily call that bonus 10 Fleet Marks. In the above example, the Fleet Event fails at 50% completion, but 1 Optional Objective is completed before said failure. Players would then be awarded 60 Fleet Marks, instead of 50, because they completed the Optional Objective.

(And if anyone is going to balk at awarding anything at all even if the mission fails, then I would suggest removing the 30 minute cooldown. Because failing a mission 5 minutes in, then having to wait 30 minutes, and then having to queue again, is not my idea of fun either.)

Part of my proposal also includes scaling rewards based on level of difficulty. I honestly think that if you play harder, then the rewards should be greater. Otherwise, why play at Elite level, if the rewards are the same as Normal level? This would encourage players to become better players, so they can can increase their play difficulty to earn those greater rewards. To become better players means playing more. And that should interest Cryptic very much.

Quote:
Further, I think that queued content should award one type of mark and one type only unless there's some type of wrapper mission involved or say it's changed so that running a reputation mission during the Fleet Mark event awards some number of Fleet Marks or running a fleet mark mission during the reputation hour awards some number of random reputation marks.
So what you're saying is, certain missions award only one type of Mark, but during special events a bonus Mark reward can be earned. So say, perhaps certain faction specific missions award the appropriate Reputation Mark reward, but during Fleet Events would also award Fleet Marks. This idea has merit.

Part of my point, though, is that ALL content that REQUIRES teaming with other players should by DEFAULT award Fleet Marks. Anything on top of that is just bonus. Since the Reputation Tracks are for personal player progression and not Fleet Advancement, having teamed missions whose primary reward is Reputation Marks (Omega/Romulan) really doesn't make sense.

The STF missions, though not billed as Fleet Actions/Events, do require that you team up with other players to complete them , yet they do not award any Fleet Marks, even if your team consists entirely of your Fleet members. The Fleet Actions appear to only reward Fleet Marks once daily, and then only that one mission that is available on that day. And some Fleet Actions do not award Fleet Marks at all (i.e. Mirror Universe Incursion).

Players' main complaint about rewards, though, seems to be that they have to grind the same old missions over and over to get the rewards that they need, and they are getting bored with that. New content has been few and far between. And even when it does arrive, players burn through it as quickly as they can (which is a different issue altogether). Allowing player reward choice, especially on the Foundry where players can actually play fresh content, would help alleviate that feeling of being bored with the same old missions.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a Foundry author, nor do I know any Foundry authors. So I'm not atttempting to plug the Foundry for thier sake. I'm more concerned about the players being able to earn their rewards without getting bored while they do it.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS

Last edited by baddmoonrizin; 02-19-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Lieutenant
# 5
02-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Some really great points, I think I'm going to have to agree with canis56 on his counterpoint here. I do agree with the idea that we need to keep the separate marks. However, I think the dilithium conversion of fleet marks is fine enough as is and the immediate conversion from one type of mark to another doesn't really make sense in my mind. Perhaps what we could do is allow players to purchase marks with dilithium. I suppose some might get mad about this because now they have to grind out more dilithium, but the idea here is to let you convert marks to dilithium and then back to a different mark. The conversion rates would be weighing towards not converting in the first place, but this would allow T5 players to still play their favorite STFs or New Romulus missions. Perhaps we could make it a DOFF assignment (chain?) involving the Ferengi or something in order to do the conversion and you now have a reason for the crummy conversion rates (in-game, that is). I just don't see mark to direct mark conversion being a "logical" or "reasonable" reputation mission.

Also, some of Cryptic's points regarding fleet marks being awarded for non-fleet missions are completely valid in my mind. It makes little sense to have fleet marks be awarded for non-fleet missions where you play solo. I personally think it would be more sense to have a scaling amount of fleet marks awarded for every SHARED mission completed. A shared mission is simply any mission where you complete objectives with other players (just like it currently is). STFs, PvE, and PvP would also qualify for this. The amount of fleet marks would have some kind of direct proportion to, say, the dilithium awarded for that mission. The number of fleet marks would be lower than if you were to do a fleet action, like you said. Ideally a mission would only qualify if shared with other fleet members, however, I'm not sure if this is really necessary to implement due to technical challenges and the fact that players can earn fleet marks for completing fleet actions on the public servers without other fleet members.

I don't know whether or not other awards should be given (i.e. dilithium or loot), that's more of a balance issue that would need to be looked at with data.
Lieutenant
# 6
02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
you know what the foundry should give for a reward for doing the daily?

5 zen
100 refined dylithium
1000 energy creds
10 fleet marks
10 rom marks
10 omega marks
10000 gold pressed latinum

there a little taste of everything
Lieutenant
# 7
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cushionride View Post

5 zen
100 refined dylithium
1000 energy creds
10 fleet marks
10 rom marks
10 omega marks
Zen: Cryptic will never go for it. They're not going to give you 5 cents every time you play a foundry mission. I wouldn't.

Dilithium: I think the scaling based on playtime is fine. Albeit, there will be some exploits and I think that can be solved by having a better reporting service for these things.

EC: Energy credits is fine with me.

FM: I think 10 FM/person on team would be fine with me, too.

RM/OM: Anyway, I don't think the Romulan or Omega marks should be included until we get a better Foundry categorization tool. See some of Podcast UGC opinions about that stuff. Romulan and Omega marks *should* only be awarded for those types of missions. This means that if a foundry mission revolves around fighting the Borg, Omega marks should be awarded. If the foundry mission revolves around fighting the Romulans, Romulan marks should be awarded. I do, however, see this being very exploitable, so I'm not sure if my solution is really viable. It's probably easier to just award FM and convert (using previously described DOFF method), from a moderation standpoint.

GPL: Don't you think the GPL is a little high? I think GPL is a dead currency, so who am I kidding?

Overall, I personally think that the way Cryptic currently has the Foundry rewards set up is good. I think that the FM reward for teams should be added.
Career Officer
# 8
02-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermanator View Post
Some really great points, I think I'm going to have to agree with canis56 on his counterpoint here. I do agree with the idea that we need to keep the separate marks.
As I stated before, my main reason for suggesting the single Reputation Mark and merger was to streamline the Reputation System "economy" before it gets out of hand. After thinking about it a bit longer, I do agree that there needs to be some way to ensure that players must play certain content to advance in that Reputation Track. But I'm just not sure that an ever-expanding Reputation Mark economy is the way to go. I'm still pondering on this issue.

Quote:
However, I think the dilithium conversion of fleet marks is fine enough as is and the immediate conversion from one type of mark to another doesn't really make sense in my mind. Perhaps what we could do is allow players to purchase marks with dilithium. I suppose some might get mad about this because now they have to grind out more dilithium, but the idea here is to let you convert marks to dilithium and then back to a different mark. The conversion rates would be weighing towards not converting in the first place, but this would allow T5 players to still play their favorite STFs or New Romulus missions. Perhaps we could make it a DOFF assignment (chain?) involving the Ferengi or something in order to do the conversion and you now have a reason for the crummy conversion rates (in-game, that is). I just don't see mark to direct mark conversion being a "logical" or "reasonable" reputation mission.
I can't get behind any type of Mark to Mark conversion exchange either. Nor could I support a purchase of any Marks with Dilithium. Dilithium can be bought with Zen, so that just sets up the potential of players buying their way into Reputation Advancement without actually playing the game or any of the content set up for Reputation Advancement. Exchanging extra Marks for Dilithium, EC, GPL, or Lobi would be fine, but no conversion back to Marks. Too much potential for an exchange exploit.

Quote:
Also, some of Cryptic's points regarding fleet marks being awarded for non-fleet missions are completely valid in my mind. It makes little sense to have fleet marks be awarded for non-fleet missions where you play solo. I personally think it would be more sense to have a scaling amount of fleet marks awarded for every SHARED mission completed. A shared mission is simply any mission where you complete objectives with other players (just like it currently is). STFs, PvE, and PvP would also qualify for this. The amount of fleet marks would have some kind of direct proportion to, say, the dilithium awarded for that mission. The number of fleet marks would be lower than if you were to do a fleet action, like you said. Ideally a mission would only qualify if shared with other fleet members, however, I'm not sure if this is really necessary to implement due to technical challenges and the fact that players can earn fleet marks for completing fleet actions on the public servers without other fleet members.
I'm beginning to shift my position on Fleet Mark rewards. While it would be great to get a small Fleet Mark reward (maybe 5 FM) for running a solo mission, I wholeheartedly agree that major Fleet Mark rewards should only be awarded for group play. But they really need to expand Fleet Mark rewards to ALL group play, not just a handful of missions. I just wish there were some way of implementing Fleet Mark rewards in the Foundry as well without getting exploited, so that players can play new content without getting bored with the usual grind.

I stand by my CXP reward suggestion, though. Because then players could still earn Fleet Marks even through solo play, just indirectly through filing the Commendation Report and converting CXP to Fleet Marks.

Quote:
I don't know whether or not other awards should be given (i.e. dilithium or loot), that's more of a balance issue that would need to be looked at with data.
True. I don't have access to any data to work out the details. I'm just an idea man. ;-)

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Career Officer
# 9
02-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cushionride View Post

5 zen
100 refined dylithium
1000 energy creds
10 fleet marks
10 rom marks
10 omega marks

there a little taste of everything
Well, I'm not trying to suggest that any one mission anywhere should reward everything simultaneously.

Lieutenant
# 10
02-20-2013, 08:34 AM
ok ill admit i did go overboard, how about this?

1 zen
50 refined dylithium
1 lobi (i forgot lobi)
5 fleet, rom, and omega marks
1000 energy credits
10000 gold pressed latinum, yes its dead, thats why we should get alot

PS im more or less joking about this reply, i know cryptic wont do it, but it would be nice right?