Captain
# 1 Playstation 4.
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
It's apparently a thing now.

So what do you think?

EDIT: Livestream went down. Welp.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 2
02-20-2013, 03:28 PM
You beat me to it

KHAAAAANNNN!!!!!

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
It's apparently a thing now.

So what do you think?
A platform that probably won't have STO on it. Any more than that, I'll wait for the recap.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 4
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
wondering whether its worth buying a few months down the line,

However this is running through my head;

Its wierd, normally when a next generation of console comes out, I have a good selection of games for the prior, but there really hasn't been many games for the ps3 that grabbed my attention, hence i only have half a dozen or so games :/

A better example is the Vita, i haven't seen a SINGLE game I'm interested in O.O, hence no vita.

Hope they have things planned for the 4, otherwise i can envision poor sales, no interesting games = bad sales

But meh I'm no businessman/economicallyminded person D:
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Republic Veteran
# 5
02-20-2013, 03:52 PM
I still have my Playstation 1. I'll have fun playing Destruction Derby and Hogs of War while everyone else is using their smart hub skynet or whatever. I don't like the route consoles have taken over the past few years.
Career Officer
# 6
02-20-2013, 03:58 PM
I quit at when I had a PS2.

I hate the motion controller, you just can't sit down a relax with a console anymore, and I seriously pulled my entire left side dodging a cannonball on the PS3. Was layedup for a week, the same week I got rid of it.

Plus the game prices are a rip off. Older games won't work on new consoles, unlike the PS2.

I prefer online games, not even a quarter of the cost. At least in my view.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't own or play console game any more. The last one I owned was the N64 years ago purely for Golden Eye head shots pud-pud :p I love my PC and take my gaming seriously behind a desk, not on the lounge where my family can bother me.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 8
02-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Diablo III on a console? Blizzard, wat r u doin?
Career Officer
# 9
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
I was impressed (coming from someone who's been awfully critical of Sony's past two console offerings). I think Nintendo is behind the game yet again, and Microsoft has alot to live up to.

The hardware looks very capable, and while I'm personally not into the built in social aspect and interaction with everything, I see it as a definite strong point.

I was hoping that the controller would evolve further away from the current, and extremely dated Dual Shock design, but it does look like a nice improvement. It seems like it will be much more comfortable to hold, and it's nice to see Sony finally catch on with concave sticks.

I'm looking forward to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Diablo III on a console? Blizzard, wat r u doin?
Action RPGs work wonderfully on a console. Diablo was on PS1 if I remember correctly.

I knew it would be Diablo as soon as Blizzard was announced. Peas and Carrots.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-20-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm actually not that excited about it. However I am looking forward to getting a Wii U and Steam Box should it be released.