Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Career Officer
# 41
02-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
DSTAHL said in an interview with Priority 1 (episode 85) "We've done tests over and over again, it's going to be 16% of the player base. Cause that's what it is at Star Trek conventions, that's what it is in every other Star Trek game. It's a constant."

How that works on games like Klingon Academy where everyone plays a Klingon in the campaign, I don't know.
Or how this applies to a game like Starfleet Command 2 whose Dynavese has a buttload of different sides is beyond me...or where they get their numbers from.
Career Officer
# 42
02-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
DSTAHL said in an interview with Priority 1 (episode 85) "We've done tests over and over again, it's going to be 16% of the player base. Cause that's what it is at Star Trek conventions, that's what it is in every other Star Trek game. It's a constant."

How that works on games like Klingon Academy where everyone plays a Klingon in the campaign, I don't know.
Or how this applies to a game like Starfleet Command 2 whose Dynavese has a buttload of different sides is beyond me...or where they get their numbers from.
You Klingon players need to put that in your signatures and get the word out. Similar things have been done by Fed player with the DSTAHL's notorious "grinding rabbits in the slums" comment."
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Empire Veteran
# 43
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Wow that is the biggest load of S*** I have heard in a long time from the devs (and that is saying something when it comes to the KDF)

I have never known a MMO to ever treat one faction of the player base so poorly ever, even games that were considered 'bad' like star wars galaxies made absolutely sure that both factions were treated equally. One side would get a new set of factional armour then the other would at the same time or just after.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
02-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
We will always be a smaller fanbase than the feds, its a fact, but the idea that we are so small as to be unimportant is a untruth. I see plenty of KDF players everytime I log in. More now in fact than ever before. We are small but not nonexistant and no where near a ghost town faction as even Cryptic would like us to think.

If only 12% of the accounts in STO are hardcore KDF players thats still a large amount if the 2 million accounts number is true.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I never said that the KDF is too small as to be unimportant.
I know there are many people playing KDF and have also noticed increase in number over the time. I was simply reffering to a previous post stating that there are more players on Qo'noS than on ESD at any given time of the day, which is not true.

Quote:
Quote:
And do you know how they determined that number?
By counting the amount of players who dress up as Klingons at conventions. (I kid you not)
Now, do you see what you just did there?
You pulled a part of his statement out of context and that is never a good thing to do. It will probably result with an avelanche of negative reactions based on your bias in interpretation. Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you what to do or think, I'm just saying that it's not nice.

"We've done tests over and over again"
They've done tests based on their own in game metric mechanic.

"Cause that's what it is at Star Trek conventions, that's what it is in every other Star Trek game"
He simply makes a comparison between their results and convention attendance. You can't be serious in believing that this is how they got their number of KDF players.

"It's a constant"
This is the actually the important part of the statement! This is what we should be concerned about. This statement here makes me think he believes the number is a constant regardless of what they do in game for the KDF. I can't accept this as true, because many players of STO are not trekkies or trekkers and if they had another full fledged faction from start that is on pair with the Fed., I'd bet the number would be at least in the origins of 40-50% of the players in STO.

Do I think their numbers are correct and true? Honestly, I couldn't know and don't care about making assumptions.
Do I think that 16% KDF players is a constant? Hell no, make the KDF have 60% of what Fed. gets, but let it be genuine content and you'll see the influx of players.

Like @bitemepwe already said, even if the percentage of KDF players is 12-16% according to Cryptic's measurements, that number is not small nor neglegible according to the same metrics used by Cryptic to estimate 2 milion captains. 350 k captains is something that deserves being catered.
However our approach to convincing Cryptic in the flaws in their theory should not be agressive or speculative as it will bring no good upon no one.

Now, can we please get back to daydreaming about a KDF Kumari equivalent before the mods. decide that we strayed this post and close it?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 45
02-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Shpoks, you are today's Stop Making Sense Award winner. Congratulations.