Lt. Commander
# 31
01-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Why is it the only download method if you didn't preorder from steam, d2d, or impulse that gives any reasonable rate is the outdated build? i have never seen an official downloader with such ridiculously low speeds, i understand that there is only so much the servers can handle and there probably swamped but considering how long this beta has been promoted you'd think they'd have had more download partners or mirrors prepared ahead of time...

sigh, alright i'm done whining now sorry...just rather disappointed atm i expected a bit more from cryptic

Zekren
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Okay, I've got it installed and I want to patch before open beta goes live. But it wants me to put in a username and password. Any way I could register or somthing?
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennit
Okay, I've got it installed and I want to patch before open beta goes live. But it wants me to put in a username and password. Any way I could register or somthing?
The USERNAME is you username you use on the website
The PASSWORD is the password you use on the website

The User/Pass is global for cryptic. Same info for website, mail, forums, champions online, STO, etc..
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennit
Use ur account for this page .. with an activated beta key / preoder key
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-12-2010, 12:46 AM
so how can we expect an online game to run smoothly if there is this much heat around just downloading the f*king beta. 26 hours? 4 days? a year? with patches and content downloads in the future, is this to be expected every time? whats going to happen when the rest of the world gets a hold of this and wants to connect and undoubtedly d/l a launch patch (most mmo's have one)?

this is a bad omen. Atari and Bill Roper both need this game to come out of the dock at full impulse ( lol ! ), with the Lawsuit and previous... 'learning experiences' (hellgate london, anybody?). i really hope this is a bump in the road for cryptic, they're in a tough spot right now. atari may be too focused on getting this one main project up, the rest are getting pigeon-holed...a bad release for atari now could be the end of both of them.

my star trek shelf doesn't need another sad excuse of a game, there's enough on there already for strictly collection's sake. im sick of wow, and eve is boring. cmon guys, we're counting on you!

oh, and on firefox thru crapPlanet, 6 hours down, 14 and half to go.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Torrent is your friend...

The days of direct download are long since past for a file of this size. 10 gigabyte clients were made to kill .net backbones.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-12-2010, 12:54 AM
lol flametjet.
that fast. i am also using crap planet. there donwload programm f'ed up me usb.
and i got good download speeds for allong time until i hit 6.8 gb. then i only got about 25kbps.
its like look how fast we can be and then just before the finnished but you need to buy a supscrition to finnished to download quick.
at this rate i will have my disc before i donwloaded it.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-12-2010, 12:55 AM
its already started, i dont want to interrupt it - i assumed the 1st party d/l tool would be at least usuable. besides, i already paid for crap planet a few weeks ago for unrelated, i need to get some use out of it before its expired.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-12-2010, 12:57 AM
thanks for info about utorrent all.....got it downloading around 300kb/sec now....only 7 hours to download...much better than the 3 days from file planet....not to mention the stupid shortcut on my desktop from them that i can't get rid of now.....uninstalled the file planet downloader,and now when i try to delete the shortcut icon it says it can't be found.....knew there was a reason i hated sites like file planet and gamespy.....anyways thanks again for info and can't wait to see you all in the game later today
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatriots0830 View Post
thanks for info about utorrent all.....got it downloading around 300kb/sec now....only 7 hours to download...much better than the 3 days from file planet....not to mention the stupid shortcut on my desktop from them that i can't get rid of now.....uninstalled the file planet downloader,and now when i try to delete the shortcut icon it says it can't be found.....knew there was a reason i hated sites like file planet and gamespy.....anyways thanks again for info and can't wait to see you all in the game later today
glad to hear its working out well for u, wouldnt worry about that link on the desktop to much. If it doesnt clear on your next reboot, get a hold of the freeware app called CCleaner and do a complete registry clean and then let it clean apps as well if you want. Between its 2 modes it'll knock things back in shape.