Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
Do cryptic ever listen to us,regardless of what we write in any thread?
What is being done about these bug problems?theres been no information to the best of my knowledge. Do they seriously want to lose more players,or do they even care????

The heavy cost of new ships.

Yet again another new ship heavily way overpriced.The kumari.
With the way things are in the world today,there are many who like me do not have loads of money to splash out.
Does cryptic/pwe think we all are very rich or have won the lottery??? I hope not.
I know they are a business and have to make money,but in todays economic climate,cheaper more reasonable prices are a must.
2,500 zen for a ship,in uk terms works out as about ?20-?25. That is far too much.
1,000 zen would be a more reasonable affordable price.
Yes i could save the zen through the exchange but for that price,its weeks possibly months to get that. Thats an easy way to get very hacked off.

Last edited by chaz200565; 02-20-2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: typing error
Career Officer
# 2
02-20-2013, 02:46 AM
Ok, I'll bite...

It's a F2P game. People have been wanting to buy it for a very long time and put up the pennies for it.

Cryptic want your money, not a little, a lot of your money. People WILL pay for this ship, and will pay for the whole set. Keep in mind there are still plenty of alternatives to gaining ships via dilithium to Zen conversion. The paying real money route is a quick and easy route but not the only one.

Whether or not I will put up the pennies for it depends on whether I want it on one of my characters. I don't have to buy it after all.
Captain
# 3 Stop Complaining PLEASE !!!!
02-20-2013, 03:02 AM
If you think it's wrong start play somewhere else all you guys do is complain.
If this was the case when you could only enter the game if you had to pay I would agree with you but this is complaining about something that doesn't even excist.

The game is FREE TO PLAY, so if you want someting special you have to pay, remember that all those guys have to pay mortgage on there houses, they have to pay the bills just like us. so I find it normal to pay for some extra on a game I can join for free.
Ok so please stop complaining the whole time try to enjoy the game as it is otherwise I strongly sugest to wait for the big patch the bugs will be adressed then if not just report it again and again. But stop complaining cause I do think Cryptic allready know the bugs are there.
STO is one MMORPG who is holding there ground against mega ferms like Electronic Arts, Maxis, Sierra and lot's more !!!
But they standing there ground, they realy came thrue that last three years for that I can only say they did an outstanding job well done.

Greets

Last edited by kirk2390; 02-20-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Captain
# 4
02-20-2013, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahless2001 View Post
People WILL pay for this ship, and will pay for the whole set. Keep in mind there are still plenty of alternatives to gaining ships via dilithium to Zen conversion. The paying real money route is a quick and easy route but not the only one.

Actually, since somebody had to spend to get that zen to sell in the first place, every Z-store or lobi ship you see flying is money for Cryptic somewhere along the way.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Yes, they do listen. They listen to the people that will pay those prices. I don't like the prices either, but if enough people are willing to pay it, Cryptic will keep doing it.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Commander
# 6
02-20-2013, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk2390 View Post
If you think it's wrong start play somewhere else all you guys do is complain.
If this was the case when you could only enter the game if you had to pay I would agree with you but this is complaining about something that doesn't even excist.

The game is FREE TO PLAY, so if you want someting special you have to pay, remember that all those guys have to pay mortgage on there houses, they have to pay the bills just like us. so I find it normal to pay for some extra on a game I can join for free.
Ok so please stop complaining the whole time try to enjoy the game as it is otherwise I strongly sugest to wait for the big patch the bugs will be adressed then if not just report it again and again. But stop complaining cause I do think Cryptic allready know the bugs are there.
STO is one MMORPG who is holding there ground against mega ferms like Electronic Arts, Maxis, Sierra and lot's more !!!
But they standing there ground, they realy came thrue that last three years for that I can only say they did an outstanding job well done.

Greets
I would to be able to buy ships or other items at affordable prices,not the current ones which are way overpriced. Yes i know its free to play by the way.
I don't expect things to be totally free,just affordable which they are not at this time.
Rihannsu
# 7
02-20-2013, 03:24 AM
put aside a dollar a day and you can buy a ship a month....its called budgeting.
Captain
# 8
02-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsomeiguess View Post
put aside a dollar a day and you can buy a ship a month....its called budgeting.
Allready did that and I'm not rich either but I manage and we don't have to buy it directly right so indeed just make a little saveing each day or weak thats how we do it same goes for the lockboxes with a bit off luck offcourse....
Republic Veteran
# 9
02-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk2390 View Post
Allready did that and I'm not rich either but I manage and we don't have to buy it directly right so indeed just make a little saveing each day or weak thats how we do it same goes for the lockboxes with a bit off luck offcourse....
penny pinch dilithium and real money and you could probably cut down almost half the price in a week or two of dilithium converting.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 10
02-20-2013, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
What is being done about these bug problems?theres been no information to the best of my knowledge. Do they seriously want to lose more players,or do they even care????
I gather that the best of your knowledge doesn't extend to peeking at the Tribble test forums?
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*