Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
Any fleets gotten to tier 5 yet? Im interested in working out a deal to buy the Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit.
Career Officer
# 2
02-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Yep. We do, with plenty of satisfied customers.

July 12, 2012 - January 24, 2013
It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
Captain
# 3
02-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonia View Post
Yep. We do, with plenty of satisfied customers.
So lets work out a deal.
Captain
# 4
02-18-2013, 03:41 PM
So any fleets who arent charging retarded prices, that perhaps realize that average players dont have 25,000,000EC or several hundred thousand dilithium?
Captain
# 5
02-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Think about it this way. You are asking a fleet to use a TOP TIER shipyard. That is MAX tier equipment. And you never helped them get there. In any way, shape, or form. So their prices are fair. Very much so.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 6
02-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Not to be rude about it, but you're asking for access to one of the rarest and most expensive resources in the game, of which you could count the number in existance on your fingers, AND are still quite new and have very little competition. They're going to charge what the market allows.
Captain
# 7
02-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Think about it this way. You are asking a fleet to use a TOP TIER shipyard. That is MAX tier equipment. And you never helped them get there. In any way, shape, or form. So their prices are fair. Very much so.
I'm not asking to get it for free. But when you tell me that I need to pay for 25 million EC for a ship that is no where near worth that much... or when you tell me that 100k dilithium is equivelant to 8 million EC or that 250 Contraband is worth 10 million EC, Im gonna tell you your prices are bad.

I was more the willing to pay some EC (ie 5 million or so) and I'm more than willing to dump Dilithium/Fleet Marks/Commodities/Doffs/whatever in to a project in return for letting me use exactly 1 Fleet Ship Provision. But not at those conversions up there... thats a losing proposition for me... I'd be paying more than the ship is worth. (For reference that ship is worth exactly 5 dollars to me, because that how much a FSM costs.)

Im an average player... I get to play 1 to 2 hours a night and sometimes more on the weekends. I've never had 25 million EC. Ive never had more than 50K dilithium. Ive only ever had 1 full stack of contraband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Not to be rude about it, but you're asking for access to one of the rarest and most expensive resources in the game, of which you could count the number in existance on your fingers, AND are still quite new and have very little competition. They're going to charge what the market allows.
The supply is high, but as far as Ive seen the demand is low. You dont charge through the roof when the demand is low, and your supply is high.
Commander
# 8
02-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
I'm not asking to get it for free. But when you tell me that I need to pay for 25 million EC for a ship that is no where near worth that much...
Unfortunately, that is the going rate right now. There are very few fleets that are T5. So either you pay up or wait for your fleet to get to T5. The price seems fair to me considering lockbox ships on the exchange go for 80 million + and some of the T5 ships are just as good.

U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Captain
# 9
02-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikephorus View Post
Unfortunately, that is the going rate right now. There are very few fleets that are T5. So either you pay up or wait for your fleet to get to T5. The price seems fair to me considering lockbox ships on the exchange go for 80 million + and some of the T5 ships are just as good.

I dont even think the lock box ships are woth what they are. They arent that good.

But still when youve reached Tier V Military youve gotten dozens of Fleet Ship provisions. So your supply of fleet ships is high... Ive not seen much in the way of demand for them. They arent that much better. For me its a marginal upgrade from my Assault Cruiser Refit. Not one worth 25 million EC. At most its worth 10million... and maybe some dilithium are a good exchange rate...
Commander
# 10
02-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
I dont even think the lock box ships are woth what they are. They arent that good.

But still when youve reached Tier V Military youve gotten dozens of Fleet Ship provisions. So your supply of fleet ships is high... Ive not seen much in the way of demand for them. They arent that much better. For me its a marginal upgrade from my Assault Cruiser Refit. Not one worth 25 million EC. At most its worth 10million... and maybe some dilithium are a good exchange rate...
What you think they are worth obviously doesn't matter as people are buying them for those prices. The demand for T5 ship yard access is actually pretty high. I've seen a lot of people on here and in game asking to purchase T5 ships from the fleets that are already there. You yourself are asking for that so the demand is high enough. As for the price point...well they've already got people paying 25 million...if no one was willing to pay that much the cost would be lower.

U.S.S. Mary Celeste