Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Fix Random Dailies
02-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Anyone else tired of searching day in and day out in the hopes of that one random daily you enjoy playing actually pops for you today. I'm talking in regards to the FA dailies or the PVP dailies. There are only a few of them I play. Playing primarily KDF the only FA daily that actually ever pops in a queue is Fed Minefield. I've tried playing the others, but there seems to never be 20 actual people playing those missions at the same time. Why not just make these "dailies" actually pop every day then randomly, or make them just have a blanket daily that covers all three but can be repeated every day. I'm tired of searching every day in the hopes I can play Minefield.

This also holds true for the PVP dailies. I hate capture and hold. They are too long for the rewards. So I just use the arena and war zone dailies, however again, those do not pop every day, so you have to search every day to see if the one you want is available. Just make a blanket daily that covers all of them, but that is repeatable every day on the normal 20 hour timer you have for all of the other dailies in the game.
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Commander
# 2
02-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Would be nice if they did fix the randomness of it, maybe have it more on a order like rotation. That way we get to try them all instead of mere chance. (Mostly sick of always having to do the capture and hold/ assault pvp daily almost every 3-4 days in a row lol).

Last edited by mcconna; 02-18-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2013, 03:53 PM
its simple really, they don't want to. They want you to play the way they want you to. Not the way you want to. Their metrics indicate the way to go, so they do. Fun, Desire, player happiness, have little to do with it. You're nothing but a number, so, act like it and do what they want you to do.

Or do like I do, the Fa isn't the one you want? Log out, go do something else. My Metric is My fun, my desire. If what they have doesn't fit it, I go do something that does.
Captain
# 4
02-18-2013, 03:53 PM
You would think them being called "dailies" they would pop up everyday after a 24 hour max cool down... But noooooo .
Reality is WAR

KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-19-2013, 04:45 AM
Perhaps if this was a harlem shake we'd get dev attention and a possible fix.
STOP THE
Quote:
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Captain
# 6
02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
I wish all Daily missions truly was a Daily mission that every 24 hours they all reset and they all are available every day none of this random popping up. On the Klingon side sometimes the random daily missions never pop up for me at all. At the very least allow someone to chose any one of the dailies to do and then you have to wait before you can do any others. I hate the randomness especially the 20 man missions.
Rihannsu
# 7
02-19-2013, 09:29 AM
I doubt there's anything wrong with the randomness of it. Its a known fact most people don't understand probability, so here they come whining every time it goes a few days without their favorite mission coming up. And of course always with no proof at all.

I think the randomness is good, it helps keep the game from becoming a routine, a job. It gives people incentive to do something different for a change, it's your own fault if you choose not to take it and instead wait for that one mission to pop up. There should be more random missions.

The KDF ground fleet actions never run because of too high minimum player requirements. That should be fixed to make them playable again.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
02-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
I think the randomness is good, it helps keep the game from becoming a routine, a job. It gives people incentive to do something different for a change, it's your own fault if you choose not to take it and instead wait for that one mission to pop up. There should be more random missions.
I disagree. The game itself has become that way because of the need for specific currencies only given by boring content. The least they could do would give us the option of doing one of the missions we actually like in order get it done.
STOP THE
Quote:
Captain
# 9
02-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
I doubt there's anything wrong with the randomness of it. Its a known fact most people don't understand probability, so here they come whining every time it goes a few days without their favorite mission coming up. And of course always with no proof at all.

The KDF ground fleet actions never run because of too high minimum player requirements. That should be fixed to make them playable again.
I actually went nearly two weeks of logging in daily without seeing the next Ship Killer: Space daily. That is statistically impossible.
All cloaks should be canon.
Lieutenant
# 10
02-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
I actually went nearly two weeks of logging in daily without seeing the next Ship Killer: Space daily. That is statistically impossible.
that word; I don't think it means what you think it means.

Okay, full disclosure - I don't even really know what you're actually talking about. a daily of some sort, appears to be tied to a fleet action of some kind. I'm guessing...some sort of bonus prize if you do a certain FA when it's up or some such?

well, anyway, while I may be ignorant of what precisely you mean, I can infer enough to know the statement that it's *impossible* to not have it drop for 1 fortnight doesn't pass the smell test.

Let's see...clearly, there is more than one, um, thinger, that could, um..."pop" for this daily whatsit.

Cool, let's take the most unlikely and worst case scenario: there are only 2 thingers eligible for dailishness.

Now, the odds of 14 consequtive same picks from ONLY TWO potential choices are indeed, quite small...but 4 choices instead of only 2? Okay, that math is deceptively hard, heheh, but it gets WAY more likely the larger the potential set of outcomes that ONE of them doesn't come up 14 times in a row. My point is: it's not impossible, it's just, at most, unlikely.

And it's not that this ONE potential outcome is all super unlikely, it's that there are MILLIONS of seemingly impossible or nearly-so outcomes like this in just your STO playing experience, times hundreds of thousands of people, etc. etc. I had a drop of rain hit my glasses coming into work this morning. I was outside in thopen for like, 15 SECONDS. do you have any idea how small my glasses are? how lightly it was raining, how big "outside" is?!

IMPOSSIBLE!