Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 41
02-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ya, the minor bonus that you would need several of to equal 1 tac console arent going to come even close to countering an extra 20% resistance. it would take a lot more then 1 tac console worth of bonus to buff your damage 20%



thats 1 reason im going to be using disruptors on at least 1 character, for the preference of resA shields. the disruptor proc seems to be double procing for disruptor damage any more actually, its a substantial debuff
So remind me again how you're making your point against plasma...as you said these passive heals activate under damage to any weapon type. WHAT I'm saying us if your opponent IS RUNNING FLEET SHIELDS more than likely s/he will be running ResA running a type that ResA doesn't resist automatically resistant to us good.
PS: if you think plasma is still irrelevant bring a escort with ResA and ill face you with my plasma
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 232
# 42
02-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
yes resA, for a reason. its resisting the best wep types used. no reason for resB because even tho your using that type against resA im still going to adapt to that crap as if im borg. not only that but if your using the wep types restsied by resB then your not going to make much of a diff any how. anti protons? what a joke. ide rather just use plasma and use ewp to close gaps.
some of the best pvpers use antiprotons, so i dont find your joke amusing.

me i decided on some lolarons for now, figured with my leech console the weapon drain proc on loarons will be nice, i also choose crtd2 crth and am liking it alot more than acc spam everyone uses.....and....i just like purple

Last edited by beefsupreme79; 02-21-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,935
# 43
02-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
So remind me again how you're making your point against plasma...as you said these passive heals activate under damage to any weapon type. WHAT I'm saying us if your opponent IS RUNNING FLEET SHIELDS more than likely s/he will be running ResA running a type that ResA doesn't resist automatically resistant to us good.
PS: if you think plasma is still irrelevant bring a escort with ResA and ill face you with my plasma
my point is that only the minority have these elite shields. if you were to face me, you would face maco, cause thats all i have. i have several plasma centered builds that i have recently retired for now because the game isn't ready for them, stf shields are still to common.
______________________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlalo View Post
I just wanted to say, I've never seen a more disturbing avatar
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 44
02-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
my point is that only the minority have these elite shields. if you were to face me, you would face maco, cause thats all i have. i have several plasma centered builds that i have recently retired for now because the game isn't ready for them, stf shields are still to common.
Although I agree with some points to a degree, my underlying argument is to anticipate your opponent and act accordingly.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9
# 45
02-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsupreme79 View Post
some of the best pvpers use antiprotons, so i dont find your joke amusing.

me i decided on some lolarons for now, figured with my leech console the weapon drain proc on loarons will be nice, i also choose crtd2 crth and am liking it alot more than acc spam everyone uses.....and....i just like purple
ummmm....no? antiproton is a joke
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,935
# 46
02-24-2013, 10:22 AM
AP is not a joke, it just cant be gotten with any decent mods
______________________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlalo View Post
I just wanted to say, I've never seen a more disturbing avatar
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,059
# 47
02-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Ehi, don't offend my AP cannons...
*He's polishing his beloved AP cannons with a strange light in the eyes and a malicious smile*
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 739
# 48
02-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffing2 View Post
ummmm....no? antiproton is a joke
Maybe before... but now that you can get crazy high CrtH, it's not so bad.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9
# 49
02-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Maybe before... but now that you can get crazy high CrtH, it's not so bad.
you do know that crit from ap sucks right? and since you can achieve high crit its better to run a wep like phaser or polorans. ap is such a joke most players know not to even run it. and that crit you get....well....it just dont work like people belive. the tool tip is very misleading. trust me parseres just dont lie.

if this was the era of specing wep type i would agree ap is very good. but even the low crits you get from ap cant not compare to phaser or polaron procs. and in a test phaser came out with higher crit.


also keep in mind you might not want high crit even tho people think so. if a whole team is running very high crit i got a very good chance to get sheild heals from a 5 man team.every 10 secs. also maybe im wrong but it does seem that crits makes the khg sheilds placate more then they should. again could seem like that since almost every shot is a crit anyways.

Last edited by doffing2; 02-24-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 843
# 50
02-25-2013, 03:02 AM
A 600 heal very 10 second is not going to save you from a well prepared well structured alpha trust me you wouldn't have 10 seconds regardless of ship type

Anti-proton can be deadly lolarons great proc if it procs same with phaser your better off going for whatever makes you feel warm inside it no good relying on something that only has a 2.5% chance of working
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 AM.