Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
02-19-2013, 06:21 AM
The mechanics would be interesting, because some of the assumptions about how it works generally mean that any nerf wouldn't matter - which is probably why there are still complaints about it, eh?

If Insulators are an X reduction per pulse, then fast pulses wouldn't care - they'd still get the job done - one could overwhelm a target with sheer quantity...not quality...of drains.

ASDs, Polarons, Energy Siphon, Aceton, Leech... one would expect such a thing to be able to overwhelm somebody, no?

ASDs by themselves? No. Polarons by themselves? No. Etc, etc, etc. They should be noticeable, but they shouldn't be like pulling the power cord out like somebody that's gone full on drain build.

What is that drain build giving up though? Is there balance? From the other end, can it too easily be countered?

The dance that goes around and around...

BTW, the Tach Drones were nerfed into oblivion last April/May no? Were they further nerfed when they did the more recent drain changes for ASD/et al?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 12
02-19-2013, 06:23 AM
Not really if its 5 on 5 and two ships are concentrating on one ship that's leaves a big gap especially when the end product is a ship sat there but not actually in the respawn que that's not really op is it??
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Commander
# 13
02-19-2013, 07:47 AM
I accidentally queued for space the other day and went up against a Karfi (I think? It looked like the assimilated carrier) carrier using aceton assimilators, siphon drones, polaron weapons and I think he was even using that blue whirly energy drain cloud. Then he'd subsystem attack/viral matrix my team.

Bugger sat on me the entire match, and it was bad. Really bad. Shields, engines and aux were offline for more than half the match and I noticed my weapon power dip as low as 19 at one point. I'm not screaming NERF ZOMG but it was certainly a painful and eye opening experience.

Then again, it was a PvE Space/PvP Ground character, so I wasn't specced/consoled to resist energy drains very well, but some guy I was talking to in ker'rat later that night ran into the same carrier and it was absolute hell on him too.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Empire Veteran
# 14
02-19-2013, 09:22 AM
rear turret CRF is enough to kill siphon drones, they should never catch anything with APO. or even inaccurate faw can handle them, if they catch your slow snoozer, EWP nearly instantly clenses them. same with TBR. these don't even drain you down to nothing anymore. advanced interceptors are twice as dangerous
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
They can never be right as they are atm, totaly shutting down 1 player might be fun in premade vs premade but in ques this is really a horrid concept imo.
Noone.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
02-19-2013, 10:06 AM
So, if I'm interpreting the feedback correctly...

1 ship using them is a bother, but can be countered.
2 ships using them is a death sentence.

Would this be an accurate way to reiterate the issue(s) surrounding Siphon Drones?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 17
02-19-2013, 10:13 AM
I always hoped the EPS Power Transfer engineer power would cause feedback and damage the person doing the drain.

Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
Empire Veteran
# 18
02-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
rear turret CRF is enough to kill siphon drones, they should never catch anything with APO. or even inaccurate faw can handle them, if they catch your slow snoozer, EWP nearly instantly clenses them. same with TBR. these don't even drain you down to nothing anymore. advanced interceptors are twice as dangerous
You also forget setting engine power at 125 and evasive maneuvers as possible counters. Drones only catch inexperienced players. I'd even say that they are completely useless now. But people hate science stuff so science stuff needs to be nerfed because it prevents them from doing what they want. You don't know how much nerdrage can be involved when you take control of someone else's ship. I've been insulted many times because i use two tractor beams and danubes in pvp.
Empire Veteran
# 19
02-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
You also forget setting engine power at 125 and evasive maneuvers as possible counters. Drones only catch inexperienced players. I'd even say that they are completely useless now. But people hate science stuff so science stuff needs to be nerfed because it prevents them from doing what they want. You don't know how much nerdrage can be involved when you take control of someone else's ship. I've been insulted many times because i use two tractor beams and danubes in pvp.
You are correct its just some people choose not to use them and then make statements that are less than truthful to try to ruin enjoyment of said used powers to get them nerfed.
Captain
# 20
02-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
So, if I'm interpreting the feedback correctly...

1 ship using them is a bother, but can be countered.
2 ships using them is a death sentence.

Would this be an accurate way to reiterate the issue(s) surrounding Siphon Drones?
This is accurate. Now imagine 5 Kar`fi with all out energy drain. Its not a pleasent sight.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!