Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 51
02-20-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
To say the truth i dont think the vestas are worth my dime and therefore i have not purchased them. Look at the current serious premades. All i see are the temporal sci ships, not the vestas.

At the end of the day, all this attitude will do is make the FvK ques defunct which in turn will screw klinks even more. If that is what you want your going the right way.
the queues are defunct. Its friggin Fed spam, and ship inbalances that need to be looked at. By keeping the balance focus on kdf exclusive items, we're going the wrong way.

How many serious premade kdf teams are out there? how many kdf ships do they field in their teams?
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
02-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamipoi View Post
maybe the issue lies in the fact that drain can actually disable subsystems?

could try testing a situation where as drain can not take systems below 20-25
while still online but so low a ship is able to possibly escape but really unable to dps or heal effectively and thus would need to be assisted?
Siphons already have a hard cap: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....al/1033939.jpg
Captain
# 53
02-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
Yes, this is clear, but what needs to also be looked at it how siphons interact with other skills/items. Siphons may have a hard cap--a bit hard to determine from a still-shot alone but I appreciate the picture--but power drain as a game dynamic does not seem to, and herein lies a major problem.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
02-20-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Yes, this is clear, but what needs to also be looked at it how siphons interact with other skills/items. Siphons may have a hard cap--a bit hard to determine from a still-shot alone but I appreciate the picture--but power drain as a game dynamic does not seem to, and herein lies a major problem.
I totally get that. The other poster asked a question and the screencap gave a good reply to that particular question.

What should be looked at is how resists appear to not be working properly against Siphons.

Last edited by rooster75; 02-20-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Captain
# 55
02-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
I totally get that. The other poster asked a question and the screencap gave a good reply to that particular question.

What should be looked at is how Siphons ignore resists.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying. And yes I agree with you on the resist part.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
02-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Got it. Thanks for clarifying. And yes I agree with you on the resist part.
The biggest issue with them is that resists are not functioning properly against them from what I can tell or they are draining too much. It shouldn't be able to drain all subsystems down to the hard cap so quickly if resists were working. For ships flying with a maxed out subsystem like Weapons that turns out to be over -100 drain to that particular subsystem just from Siphon drones alone. Not to mention it also leaves everything else at the hard cap too (during my testing that was 23 flat-lined to all power systems on my opponent from the Drones alone). Considering how quickly a Vo'Quv can spit those drones out with Flight Deck Officers and high Aux that is one long continuous drain with really no proper way to clear it given the speed at which drones can relaunch.

I don't really have too much of a problem with people stacking drains but I do have a problem with one power that can take that much from your subsystems continuously that resists don't seem to be applying properly against and/or they are just flat out draining too much. If people want to stack drains to completely neuter an opponent it's all fine by me but they need to get Siphon Drones in check with all the other drains first. One power alone shouldn't be able to take that much from subsystems continuously. I'm even inclined to think that the Flight Deck Officers which reduce cooldown on pets might be even more of the problem here than the actual Drones might be. Reducing the actual drones launched per hanger might help to fix some of this issue too.

This is coming from a Vo'Quv pilot.

Last edited by rooster75; 02-20-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Captain
# 57
02-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
the queues are defunct. Its friggin Fed spam, and ship inbalances that need to be looked at. By keeping the balance focus on kdf exclusive items, we're going the wrong way.

How many serious premade kdf teams are out there? how many kdf ships do they field in their teams?
Actually, i've never seen the queues FvK as lively as this for a long time. Just yesterday there were 20+klinks qued up vs feds.

Dont get me wrong, i do understand that the feds by default get the most attention and that some fed items are overpowered as well.

I have loads of klink toons as well, but i'd end up flying the exact same lock box ships on klink side so whats the point?
My issue on a personal level is that there is no motivation left to play the klinks anymore because there are no major differences left between the 2. But to argue for something that gives an unfair advantage is wrong in itself based on it being one of the few exclusive klink items left in game.

All things said and done, irrelevant of faction, arent we seeking to acheive a balance for pvp that allows pvp to flourish and allow the community to grow overall?
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Rihannsu
# 58
02-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Actually, i've never seen the queues FvK as lively as this for a long time. Just yesterday there were 20+klinks qued up vs feds.

Dont get me wrong, i do understand that the feds by default get the most attention and that some fed items are overpowered as well.

I have loads of klink toons as well, but i'd end up flying the exact same lock box ships on klink side so whats the point?
My issue on a personal level is that there is no motivation left to play the klinks anymore because there are no major differences left between the 2. But to argue for something that gives an unfair advantage is wrong in itself based on it being one of the few exclusive klink items left in game.

All things said and done, irrelevant of faction, arent we seeking to acheive a balance for pvp that allows pvp to flourish and allow the community to grow overall?
Yes we (you and I) are. The devs, however, are not. So in that sense picking on the kdf, with the massive imbalance leaning on the majority FED faction, is more then just poor timing.
Why not arguing for workable cloak, pick on fed pet spam, the imbalance of Danoobs, the vesta and now kumari, not a single 5 tac consoles raider for the kdf. How about the silly invincibility shields. How about starting with the wells if it is op. A nerf that concerns both parties equally.

We're leaving the gorilla in the room untouched, and just further act to lessen the gaming experience of what is left of the kdf.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 59
02-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Yes we (you and I) are. The devs, however, are not. So in that sense picking on the kdf, with the massive imbalance leaning on the majority FED faction, is more then just poor timing.
Why not arguing for workable cloak, pick on fed pet spam, the imbalance of Danoobs, the vesta and now kumari, not a single 5 tac consoles raider for the kdf. How about the silly invincibility shields. How about starting with the wells if it is op. A nerf that concerns both parties equally.

We're leaving the gorilla in the room untouched, and just further act to lessen the gaming experience of what is left of the kdf.
Please do explain the Vesta issue. I for one like I said earlier in other words find it inferior to the Wells. Invincibility? Shock it off like extends..... Most of us in the Pandas don't even consider it PvP worthy apart from 1 guy who uses it very effectively for a very very specific reason. And its not due to the consoles.

The issues thread is knocking around. It gets answered. Use that as a vehicle to influence change. Don't allow it to be left as the gorilla in the room so to speak.

On the same note also don't defend something which is blatantly unbalanced because overall we all loose.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Rihannsu
# 60
02-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Please do explain the Vesta issue. I for one like I said earlier in other words find it inferior to the Wells. Invincibility? Shock it off like extends..... Most of us in the Pandas don't even consider it PvP worthy apart from 1 guy who uses it very effectively for a very very specific reason. And its not due to the consoles.

The issues thread is knocking around. It gets answered. Use that as a vehicle to influence change. Don't allow it to be left as the gorilla in the room so to speak.

On the same note also don't defend something which is blatantly unbalanced because overall we all loose.
Well on the list of broken stuff and unbalances, the siphon pods are pretty low on my list. Shrug em off like the vesta. Been there done that, Recluse, Bug, ....not much happened, hey SNB doff got a buff.

Maybe we shouldn't talk about the siphon pods, but drain resists in general. add the slavers into the mix, or the laughable state of tykens. Its not about balancing a whole game mode of sci powers, its about siphons.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 02-20-2013 at 08:24 AM.