Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Ensign
# 41
02-26-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Aw shucks you make me blush

Only a sci captain can make a b'rel transphasic build workable... and its not very effective. sensor scan+beta3 for a massive hull debuff (-70% debuff if you have good sensor and atk patterns skill) then pump transphasics in there.

Two tricobalt torpedoes is a bad idea. Simply because the tricobalt, unlike other torps, trigger other tricobalt torps into half timer (not global 1-2 sec timer). So you can high yield the first and queue a 2nd high yield 15 seconds later..but when you fire the first tric high yield the second torp goes into 15 second timer... so you really cant fire two high yield tricobalts at once.

If you thinking of spacing them out to fire every 15 seconds...well... you'll do a lot more damage firing some other torpedo.

Mimey: Try this: Hyper-plasma, breen cluster, hargpheng, tricobalt fore. Aft: plasma mine, breen cluster.

Timing of it all:

Hyper plasma: 6 secs (3 with doffs proc).
hargpeng: 15 secs
tricobalt: 30 secs
plasma mine: 30 secs (silly to fire it without dispersal pattern)
breen cluster: 45 secs.

Macro the firing order:

Fore: Breen cluster, hyper-plasma, tricobalt, harghpeng.

opening salvo is the full fore loadout from 6km range using omega1... by 2km you should have unloaded all ammo and even tossed an extra hyper plasma trio of unbuffed torps.

aka, by the time you break off @1km there is a massive ball of torps just 1km behind you.

Toss plasma mines out as you break off. I use dispersal 3. I use plasma because all my dmg consoles are plasma based. plus the tricobalt torp being fired triggers 15s cooldown on tric mine so.. it throws timer off.

anyways.. you toss the mines out at 1km, break away while still under omega1 speed boost.

when you see your ball of torps hit, hit atk beta 1, fire the breen cluster and swing the nose around. just as you swing around atk omega effect will wear off.

As you swing around the plasma mines will 'trigger' and the cluster torp will be halfway to target.

Fire all available fore weapons... what this does is the hargpheng fires..and its SO fast it will hit the target and inflict beta1 on it.. just as the plasma mines + breen cluster mines are about to hit it.

bewm. big time hull damage + furious super stacked plasma burn from your 3x stacked heavy plasma torp dot + harpheng dot + stacked plasma mine dot + stacked triple regular torpedo plasma dot.

...and it will have 1 more trio of hyper-plasma torps on the way and perhaps an unbuffed tricobalt too.

The reason for tossing the breen cluster out the rear is that under heavy AI aoe beam fire it will saturate the target with mines to hit..the plasma mines and the breen mines and all have a higher chance of hitting.
THIS is the god damn best advice on a torp boat ever. I just changed my setup to your advice and DAMNIT....this rocks!
Captain
# 42
02-26-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Today's the day

I'm going to buy a Brel so very interested by this thread

Don't suppose that build has a chance of working without the hyper plasma torp?
Only if you replace the hyper plasma and tricobalt with two regular plasma torps. They hyper plasma's insanely fast refire rate acts as two launchers and it shoots 3 heavy plasma so.. its really,really good.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 43
02-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm 10 days away from romulan IV I didn't think anything in it would interest me but if you say that's the route then ill hammer the tholian missions and get up there and buy it

Any chance of a Boff layout whils your on lol?

Also I can't seem to find the doffmission for the hargpeng any ideas
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----

Last edited by mustafatennick; 02-26-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Captain
# 44
02-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I'm 10 days away from romulan IV I didn't think anything in it would interest me but if you say that's the route then ill hammer the tholian missions and get up there and buy it

Any chance of a Boff layout whils your on lol?

Also I can't seem to find the doffmission for the hargpeng any ideas
Qo'Nos or the sector space around it.

That's where find that mission.
Captain
# 45
02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Qo'Nos or the sector space around it.

That's where find that mission.
Great thanks
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Lieutenant
# 46
02-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Anyone have any feedback on the Ferengi RapidFireMissile mount as one of the forward-facing torps? It looks interesting, but I haven't found any detail on shared cooldowns/buffs/etc.
Ensign
# 47
02-28-2013, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't recommend the Ferengi missiles on a Brel boat. If you autofire them, you will be decloaked most of the time. If you buff up for a single pass, there are far better torpedo's to load. The Ferengi missiles just don't have the damage.
Bo'rek Khard.
Captain
# 48
03-05-2013, 05:29 AM
^ what he said. The damage is too low for the b'rel ambush attack pattern.

plus the ferengi missiles eat up a torpedo ability (they should not, their text explicitly says they shouldn't ...but they do).

Now, the ferengi missiles do very well in a VoQuv though. Elite scorpions, hyper plasma, omega torpedo and ferengi missiles... its a machine gun of death.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Commander
# 49
03-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Ah, ok, so Missiles are to avoid then. Just an extra question on top of my OP of torps/mines, I currently run a Hegh'ta, and i currently have Sci and engi, consoles which are improving my shields, and offering damage resistance. Looking at some more experienced BoP players, i have seen (and i agree with) That having consoles to do with shields and damage resistance are pretty pointless. I have to tune my bird to get as much dps as possible, so what consoles would you suggest?

3 slots for engi

3 for sci

Obviously the tac consoles are sorted

Any ideas would be a great help

Just to clarify, on the front i have Phased polaron dual beam banks, phased polaron dual heavy cannons, and dominion dual cannons. I also carry a Borg Tricobalt device (which tunes into a heavy tricobalt device II when used). On the rear, i have two polaron turrets, so all fire can be concentrated forward.

Last edited by ironmako; 03-05-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Captain
# 50
03-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger6 View Post
I wouldn't recommend the Ferengi missiles on a Brel boat. If you autofire them, you will be decloaked most of the time. If you buff up for a single pass, there are far better torpedo's to load. The Ferengi missiles just don't have the damage.
On a B'rel they're not so good. On other torpedo boats however, when used as last-line filler to proc your PWOs they make an excellent option to keep slower firing torpedoes (plasma or transphasics for example) continually firing.