Lt. Commander
# 11
03-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
My mission, "HB: Best of Both Worlds, Pt I" had a full Enterprise-D interior, but due to restrictions I cannot publish the mission. Sorry
Out of curiosity, how did you recreate the Enterprise-D interior without the proper parts and using ~500 objects only?
Commander
# 12
03-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Please check out my mission called "Trojan Horse." It's kind of sad that I used like 3000 Borg cubes to create the many different sets of a shuttle mission inside of a Borg cube. After spamming with my sig for months, it stands at like 180 plays.
That's because you didn't make it so all 3000 cubes blow up with one shot - - - WE NEEDZ LOOTZ!!!!! NOAW!!!!

But seriously, this is one of the best custom maps I have run - even though I think the Borg are way overused in STO.

Another custom one you might check out is a map that is a completely filled in city. It's "Treasure of Argelius" or something like that. It's in the last part of the series. Also the mission "The Far Wanderer" (I think that's the title) has some really good custom maps of an alien ships interior.

Last edited by newplayerguy7; 03-11-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 13
03-12-2013, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Please check out my mission called "Trojan Horse." It's kind of sad that I used like 3000 Borg cubes to create the many different sets of a shuttle mission inside of a Borg cube. After spamming with my sig for months, it stands at like 180 plays.
Because it's a shuttle mission, maybe?

Anyhow, 180 plays is really good. You won't get as many plays as a spotlighted mission. None of my missions in english have more than 100 reviews.

Back on topic, I reached the asset limit in my last mission, but it's barely enough to make a decent building in the middle of a ground map. I wish we could use 2000 or more props.

I'm currently working on a city now. At least in my head. But I should come up with a fully filled ground map in a couple of months, if I can find enough time (and willpower) to translate another mission into your silly language for 5-10 plays.
Career Officer
# 14
03-12-2013, 06:32 AM
I would recommend my latest mission, "Never Count a Gorn Out", but I may be biased since I'm trying to get a few more reviews for it to get out of the review stage. It does have a completely custom starbase interior that I hit the object limit on. While not exactly very detailed, it certainly is huge. (That's what she said.)
Rihannsu
# 15
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
yeah, that is a nice starbase. One of the Feds seemed to be stuck in the ceiling though and some of them apparently respawned after I killed them the first time. Great mission though.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 16
03-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
yeah, that is a nice starbase. One of the Feds seemed to be stuck in the ceiling though and some of them apparently respawned after I killed them the first time. Great mission though.
Yeah, no matter where I place them on the Y access inside the ceiling and floor, they seem to spawn randomly. I'm not sure if it is the rubble that is causing them to jump around like that or not. I've played with it for hours and can't seem to get them to spawn consistently anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maziken View Post
Yeah, no matter where I place them on the Y access inside the ceiling and floor, they seem to spawn randomly. I'm not sure if it is the rubble that is causing them to jump around like that or not. I've played with it for hours and can't seem to get them to spawn consistently anywhere.
If you haven't tried this already, change the "Y Relative to" pulldown to Zero Altitude, and turn off the "Snap to Grid" feature (grid icon on upper right corner of the map). Then you can position them wherever you like on the Y axis.

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Career Officer
# 18
03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
If you haven't tried this already, change the "Y Relative to" pulldown to Zero Altitude, and turn off the "Snap to Grid" feature (grid icon on upper right corner of the map). Then you can position them wherever you like on the Y axis.
I have done this already. Every group will either spawn fine, some spawn fine with some being stuck in the ceiling, or some spawn fine with some being stuck in the floor. And it is random every time I play the mission. One group might spawn great one time and then be all messed up the next time.
Captain
# 19
03-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maziken View Post
I have done this already. Every group will either spawn fine, some spawn fine with some being stuck in the ceiling, or some spawn fine with some being stuck in the floor. And it is random every time I play the mission. One group might spawn great one time and then be all messed up the next time.
Please post about these issues in the Foundry bugs forum. CrypticFrost will take a look at it.
Captain
# 20
03-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendra3780 View Post
Out of curiosity, how did you recreate the Enterprise-D interior without the proper parts and using ~500 objects only?
A lot of Generic Ship Wall 03's, wall panels, doors, arches, turbolifts, consoles, biobeds, crewmen, destructable warp core parts, Jefferies tubes, conference room chairs, etc.

Took about two months, and teh conference room wasn't even finished before I pulled the project due to EULA concerns.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.