Lt. Commander
# 1 Holes in the floor?
02-19-2013, 10:58 AM
I just spent a few days creating a map built high above the terrain. I checked numerous times for gaps, spaces, anything that could potentially cause an issue. I can't find any, but for some reason in live, my BOffs fall right through the floor in certain areas, as well as one of the bosses.

Maybe it's because they're pathing into corners? I'm trying my best to fix this, but as of right now I'm at a complete loss. Any easy way out of this bug?

Edit: This bug is coming from:

Dark Alliance 2 (ST-HBGN68GTL)

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC

Last edited by skydawnknight; 02-19-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
02-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
I just spent a few days creating a map built high above the terrain. I checked numerous times for gaps, spaces, anything that could potentially cause an issue. I can't find any, but for some reason in live, my BOffs fall right through the floor in certain areas, as well as one of the bosses.

Maybe it's because they're pathing into corners? I'm trying my best to fix this, but as of right now I'm at a complete loss. Any easy way out of this bug?

Edit: This bug is coming from:

Dark Alliance 2 (ST-HBGN68GTL)
When you say "in live" do you mean the project has been published? If so, is this happening all over the map or just in a specific area?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
When you say "in live" do you mean the project has been published? If so, is this happening all over the map or just in a specific area?
By "in live" I mean it was published on holodeck. I withdrew the mission yesterday though, seeing that it was unplayable. It was happening all over the map. The map name is "New Aurora Compound - Belias".

Unrelatedly so, I was also experiencing the same "mobs respawn within 20 seconds of dying" bug on that one as well.

Captain
# 4
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
I have also experienced this with certain platforms. Some spots are like jello. They either get stuck or fall through the platform.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I have also experienced this with certain platforms. Some spots are like jello. They either get stuck or fall through the platform.
I thought about replacing the platforms with blocks instead. I just want to see if there's a bug fix first before I go through that type of massive rebuild.

Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Do you happen to know which particular pieces are involved? Are the structures affected always high above the actual map ground or does it also happen on structures built on the ground of the map?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
02-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
I thought about replacing the platforms with blocks instead. I just want to see if there's a bug fix first before I go through that type of massive rebuild.
There's no fix at this time and I can't promise one in the near future either. There is a bug in for player built structures getting published lacking some pathing information, which is what your problem sounds like. I'll take a look to be sure and do some testing of my own to try and track down the root issue. If you decide to rebuild, let me know if it works and what pieces you replaced.
Captain
# 8
02-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Do you happen to know which particular pieces are involved? Are the structures affected always high above the actual map ground or does it also happen on structures built on the ground of the map?
I have seen it happen most with the platforms that are tan. I see it happen on the ground and up in the air.

I think it is affected by the underlying geometry. It's like their spawn height is set to absolute zero, but their pathing is y relative to geometry.

Or maybe if the spawn is set y relative to, but the boffs are on top of a flat platform.

It doesn't happen consistently or reliably though, from what I've seen. The next time it happens to me in a mission, I will post the ID.

I posted a youtube video of it a long time ago... Let me see if it's still posted...

http://youtu.be/nbmaq0pfUB0

PS. The video post minute 2:15 is a different issue.

Last edited by kirksplat; 02-21-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Oh NOES!!!

The Jello Floor Syndrome has spread. It seems the recent interaction of STO with TNG characters has allowed the Syndrome to escape STO and infect TNG.

Click here for proof.
Captain
# 10
02-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazag View Post
Oh NOES!!!

The Jello Floor Syndrome has spread. It seems the recent interaction of STO with TNG characters has allowed the Syndrome to escape STO and infect TNG.

Click here for proof.
Interesting. CrypticFrost, definitely investigate the Mare Obscura nebula. You may have to use a QA shuttle to steer. We'll try to beam you out if things get too dangerous.