Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 83
# 201
02-20-2013, 06:28 AM
So when can the klingons expect a new ship?
Now i'm almost forced to play fed because they get new toys again.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 202
02-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Hmm, whilst the game itself suffers a slow death and decline into tedium and grind every so often Cryptic throw out a ship and those who have not been playing long enough or are simply oblivious to the state of the game jump for joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post

Executive Summary (tl:dr)
  • Increase supply of currencies
  • Fix legacy bugs and sort out major bugs
  • Ensure boring content is updated or that we have grind less of it to get rewards
  • Freeze or decrease currency input costs
  • Fix several UI issues
  • Ensure lockboxes are ancillary to the aim of developing real content
  • Fix the major issues with small fleets and fleet scaling
  • Treat your players properly
All the things that need fixing and all we get is ships and boxes.

I will not be buying this just like I didn't buy the Vesta, in addition I find it simply laughable that both the Vesta and D'Kyr don't have unique bridges and this does.

Especially with regards to the D'Kyr. Nothing looks more amateurish than a developer producing slap-dash half finished items and leaving them to rot. Clearly no pride taken on the craft and it's just about churning out products for the gullible to buy.

Tell me if you went to Car Showroom and you saw two cars made by the same company one with an interior and one without what would think about the consistency, build quality and professionalism of the car manufacturer?

Honestly I would like to see new ships as part of a game that is actually enjoyable and I'd like those ships to at least be finished and not released half-baked.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,477
# 203
02-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
I will not be buying this just like I didn't buy the Vesta, in addition I find it simply laughable that both the Vesta and D'Kyr don't have unique bridges and this does.

Especially with regards to the D'Kyr. Nothing looks more amateurish than a developer producing slap-dash half finished items and leaving them to rot. Clearly no pride taken on the craft and it's just about churning out products for the gullible to buy.
I'm sorry, but the D'kyr argument is just revisionist history. This is a ship that was released years ago. No C-store (and yes, it was still the C-store back then) ships got bridges, you had to buy them separately (either from things like the Enterprise bundle, or individual bridge costumes).

I'm far from Cryptic's biggest fan, but reaching that far back to try and prop up an already legitimate argument (any ship pack charging 50 dollars for better damn well include some interiors) in the Vesta lacking a bridge just undercuts your whole position.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 204
02-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
I'm sorry, but the D'kyr argument is just revisionist history. This is a ship that was released years ago. No C-store (and yes, it was still the C-store back then) ships got bridges, you had to buy them separately (either from things like the Enterprise bundle, or individual bridge costumes).

I'm far from Cryptic's biggest fan, but reaching that far back to try and prop up an already legitimate argument (any ship pack charging 50 dollars for better damn well include some interiors) in the Vesta lacking a bridge just undercuts your whole position.
So where is the D'Kyrs separate purchasable bridge then?

Whether the ship has a bridge included or a bridge a separate purchase is irrelevant all you're doing is splitting the zen between two components of the overall product. However as I have said they didn't produce a purchasable bridge pack so once again as I stated it's half baked and unfinished.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 02-20-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,687
# 205
02-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Let's stay on topic, please. This thread is not about Season 8 nor is it about the D'Kyr.

Thanks!

~ Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,500
# 206
02-20-2013, 08:47 AM
I though the Andorian ship was supposed to be a beam broadside ship, another lie
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 207
02-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
I though the Andorian ship was supposed to be a beam broadside ship, another lie
No. They're making those for the new Romulan Faction ships. And the Fek'hiri Lockbox ships on the KDF side. Weren't you paying attention? Wishstone locked the thread but I think Stormshade posted about it anyways.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 208
02-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyds View Post
So when can the klingons expect a new ship?
Now i'm almost forced to play fed because they get new toys again.
At least we can roll with characters that tell starfleet to kiss their blue backsides.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,679
# 209
02-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Some of the off-topic posts that didn't otherwise violate any rules have been moved to this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=8202121

Please keep your posts on topic. If you want to contribute your voice to the feedback on the Fleet Marks issue, please keep in mind multiple PWE folks are following this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=552391

Let your voices be heard; just please let other people's voices be heard too.


thanks,
syberghost, Volunteer Community Moderator
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,015
# 210
02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
My sci alternates between my Fleet Intrepid, Vesta and Nova (Rhode Island Variant) - I suspect that my sci will be fighting alongside numerous Andorian ships over the next few days.

And therein lies two predictable outcomes - firstly, failed STF's resulting from some players, in their shiny new ships, thinking that new ship and new powers = 'I Win'.

Second predictable outcome - Said players will begin to sulk when they realise that their shiny new ship, whilst powerful, can't take a hit and they'll go the way of the Vesta (namely still a few around, but no-where near the numbers there were shortly after it was released).

And predictable outcome 2a: the forum will be flooded with posts, from people who registered on the forum simply to moan about their ship's lack of win.

But in fairness, the Andorian ships look fantastic and I have little doubt that some players will make some extremely effective builds and I very much look forward to seeing THOSE players/ships in STF's etc! Am undecided on whether to purchase one (or the set) for my tac though, because for the amount I've spent on ships recently I could have brought a lifetime sub and am biding my time for the next lifetime sub sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.