Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 41
02-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I'd trade new ships for new genuine content any day.
Ah, ok. I get what you're saying now. And yeah, I've wanted new content for the KDF for ... well it seems like forever.
Empire Veteran
# 42
02-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Glad to see Roach is still about and SuperChum back and enjoying what the KDF does offer.

Sad to see that promise for ensign-general play was possibly forgotten, but hey I've gotten used to that.

Delete the KDF? Hell no. Most all of my toons are KDF and when I play I still play KDF 95% of the time.

Besides it's fun to make the Federalies winge with my "Kling free" sensibilities.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Career Officer
# 43
02-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
The tactical variant with 5 tactical consoles on it is a flying tombstone. It has only 3 possible non-tactical BO abilities. One ensign engineer and one lieutenant universal.
I see alot of -threat consoles on this one.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Empire Veteran
# 44
02-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Glad to see Roach is still about and SuperChum back and enjoying what the KDF does offer.

Sad to see that promise for ensign-general play was possibly forgotten, but hey I've gotten used to that.

Delete the KDF? Hell no. Most all of my toons are KDF and when I play I still play KDF 95% of the time.

Besides it's fun to make the Federalies winge with my "Kling free" sensibilities.
^ This

... besides.. Flt-vorcha Gonna still pound feds with this beastie..
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Rihannsu
# 45
02-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulabajones View Post
I realize Fed players mostly only excel at failing STF optionals...
not all of them; i have 7 federation characters that are more than capable of getting the elite optionals - even cure's - provided the rest of my team aren't a drooling pack of window-lickers
Ensign
# 46
02-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulabajones View Post
With the news of a FIVE FORE weapon ship coming out -ONLY- for Feds http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=821871 , the existence of TWO Fed ships with five tactical consoles, and the utter lack of new content for KDF... why don't you people at Cryptic just finish boning the entire KDF faction and get it over with?

Maybe there's a reason about 15% of players play KDF primarily: we have extremely limited costume choices, extremely limited ship choices ("extremely" now because of the 5 tac consoles/5 fore weapons on Fed ships now with NO KDF equivalent at all), extremely limited mission development, and the utter lack of new content on a consistent basis.

You people at Cryptic could do something as lazy and as little work (since you guys don't really like doing work) as creating carbon copies of said Fed ships. Now, with Fed players getting unarguably the best ship in the game in 2 days time, what the hell is the point in anyone wanting to play KDF now? Do you people think we don't have zen and $$$ too?

You people have lost any income you'll ever get from me. This is complete bull****.
Don't worry I am sure we will prevail over this fed vessel like we did all the others before it was conceived. You forget or you do not know that in the beginning the KDF lacked a lot more than it does now. When STO was released 3 years ago Klingon's were just a pvp faction with little or next to none story arc. If your like me that played at release of the game after 25 Fed missions became a KDF player; we learned how to kill Federation players in pvp. All considered a dedicated Klingon player like myself learned very quickly how to over come a Federation player in player vs player combat. Why because a Klingon player is and shall always be a better PVP player.
Empire Veteran
# 47
02-20-2013, 12:20 AM
I must agree that PW do not develop contents for the kdf faction: no new ships, extremely limited costume options and all that red is boring and tiring...
Ensign
Oh hell no delete Klingon's are you kidding me.....I am not worried that the Federation gets a new toy...if you do not know the Klingon player like myself knows how to over come any ship the federation has because from the release Klingon's had very little story arc and was meant to be a pvp faction. A true Klingon player (dedicated KDF player only ) is or has become a better pvp player than a Federation player. But I do understand your frustration of lack of ships with same or equal boff slots......

I have been a KDF player since the release of the game.

I do agree that the Klingon faction does need serious help in content and I have been trying to get the developers to get the KDF up to speed or equal to the Federation side or at least balanced with ships and missions. I also realize it will take time to get the Klingon Faction up to speed with the Federation side; providing the developers are willing to put forth time to work on KDF Content.

I have also been instrumental in getting a lot of improvements done to the KDF side in the past. Some of you might remember a group called KDFA where different fleets and independent players joined once a week to discuss idea's for KDF content and discuss bugs that needed to be fixed.

If your just starting your KDF character now count your blessings that grinding now is a whole lot easier than when the game was first released. To be honest the KDF side was just a PVP faction with little or no content at all when the game was first released 3 years ago.

I also still feel that the Klingon Faction needs whole lot more work on content for the KDF player base. I understand your frustration with the lack of content. I know it all too well. But I am proud that Cryptic was willing to put in most of or the majority of the idea's that we submitted in the past into the game when the group KDFA was still in session. Now today present time the KDFA has been dissolved for quite sometime. But I am and my fleet is still keeping the fight for the Klingon Faction to improve.

Cordially,

Sa'Chang ( Fleet leader of the House of Blood Dragon's )
Empire Veteran
# 49
02-20-2013, 01:48 AM
Think like a warrior. We now have something new and shiny fed toy to blowup.
We WILL make their new ships as their new coffins coming fresh out of the assembly line.
Which, of course, will make them whine and cry.
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Captain
# 50
02-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Nothing to worry about-it's just a new, expensive target to kill over Ker'rat or in Pug Arenas.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Closed Thread