Fed Eng - Jem'Hadar Attack Ship PvE Disruptor-Quantum AoE
(may try a HEC if the KDF Eng build turns out well, but I know I definitely hate the Dreadnaught)
KDF Tac - Jem'Hadar Attack Ship PvE Disruptor-Quantum AoE
(trying to go AntiProton-Quantum since I think it synergizes better with the CrtH from Attack Pattern: Alpha, but the Strange Alien Artifact gods have not been kind)
Gearwise, all my ships will run:
Fleet Advanced Weapons
Assimilated Deflectors/Engines XI (the boost from XII is not worth it)
MACO Shields XII
Tacheyokinetic Converter (as my wallet permits)
Plasmonic Leech (for KDF)
Neutronium / Subspace Jump (depending on the content)
(max energy-type consoles)
For normal ships: 3x Conn(evasive) 2x Shield distribution
For Gravity Well ships: 3x Deflector 2x Conn(evasive)
For Aux2Bat ships: 3x Technician 2x Conn(evasive)
1) Galaxy-X, Venture skin. Running part Borg, part Reman, with fleet weapons and consoles where available.
2) Vesta MMSE (engineering), running full AEGIS set with Aux phaser DHC/Fleet turrets and consoles where possible.
3) Steamrunner BRER, running full MACO XII set and Polaron weapons. Getting fleet stuff for this soon.
1) Vesta MMRE (Tactical), running parts from everything. It sucks... for now.
2) Galaxy-X, running white gear.
He's level 20-something, I don't count him.
1) Guramba SD, running part Borg, and KHG XII Shield, and with Disruptor DHC (fleet tuff where possible)
2) Negh'Var Cruiser, leftover from the level 40.
I like Evasive Maneuvers because I find myself moving from Point A to Point B a lot (e.g. CSE/KASE guard duty, Starbase Blockade with PUGs that don't heal the freighter). I also like using it to get a better angle on my target. Of course there's also the "tac cube hates me and I've used up all my shield regen cooldowns" moments.
That said, I'm probably in the minority for dedicating so many DOFFs to it. Then again I'm also in the minority for volunteering for guard duty, so it works out.
1) MVAM, running phasers? Your DPS won't be that great... although it would look nice.
Since this is a Sci officer, I figure I've already given up on top DPS. So what I'm going for is decent DPS (AoE escort) and utility (Gravity Well). The choice of Phasers is more to get some variety into the pewpew (AP, Disruptors, and Tetryons are already represented) and maybe some more utility if endgame moves away from shooting at a bunch of unshielded nodes that don't fire back.
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001
2) ZP Console or the Tachyokinetic Converter. Advantages? They just seem to take up space, and not offer much, IMO.
These are some of the few DPS-boosting consoles that don't take up a tac console slot. Also, with the new rep perks, crit stacking is the name of the game.