Captain
# 171
03-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Thank you. Having no interest in bucking precedent, I'll save Commander Grunt and the ragtag crew of the USS Hypatia for another time...
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Captain
# 172
03-05-2013, 07:50 AM
@ironphoenix113 - Quinn is a Trill?! Otherwise, I like the wrap up

@hfmudd - That was a great post! Like others have said, I really appreciated the movement from character to character.

---

On the topic of previous LCs and adding to them: I petitioned the board to open up locked LCs. The reply was that they could not and I think that was due to the board conversion.

Occam's Razor suggests if you want to write about any previous LC thread then have at it Anything more may require a little coordination. For my part, unless the threads are stickied then any lag in posts will drop the thread out of sight and may become challenging to find later.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Rihannsu
# 173
03-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
@ironphoenix113 - Quinn is a Trill?! Otherwise, I like the wrap up
Well, looking in-game, he certainly has Trill "Spots" running down the side of his head. Of course, it simply could just be an overlooked model error. And ty Took me a little while to get some of the wording, especially Bryan's speech, just the way I wanted to, but I though it came out ok.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Captain
# 174
03-05-2013, 08:10 AM
On the subject of posts - the rule is "Each poster can have one entry. Feel free to edit your post to fix typos or add/ remove content as you see fit during the next two weeks."

To me, this reads that each participant can have multiple Captains but all stories must be in one thread. That would make for a crazy long post. This does make sense from a certain of view: If I wanted to tell the same story from different characters then I could flood the thread with posts of my own design. Technically that's spamming even if it really isn't.

So @jonsills - I'm not in a position to tell you what to do beyond Rules As Written. Maybe a forum ticket to see what branflakes says about it? It's a good question and worth investigating for the rest of us

Captain
# 175
03-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Branflakes is very responsive to tickets if you have that kind of issue. He even vetted my entry to the last LC, which I requested due to its sensitive nature, way quicker than I ever imagined.

And yeah, I had wondered if Quinn was a Trill too. No reason he can't be a Trill-human hybrid, especially with the human last name. Since in Trill culture your joining status is indicated by surname, we would expect Quinn, who may be physically incapable of joining (Children of Time notwithstanding) to have the possibility of a human and not Trill last name. If that makes any kind of sense. ;-)

BTW, later today I should have that big story that is the follow-up to Alyosha's first LC posted!!! :-D
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 176
03-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Okay, an open question here, since there are things bubbling in my head again:

Would it be beyond the pale to write a second tale, involving a different captain and crew?
I think it's only allowed for people to submit one entry, but, I would very much like to read it
Captain
# 177
03-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
Decided to take a page from marcus and write a conclusion to tie up a loose end or two, which can be found here. Feel free to comment, bash, or praise as you see fit.
Very nice entry The only thing I would have done differently, might have been to have had one admiral still be unswayed by Bryan's speech, and call for the court-martial, even if just to set them up as a potential future adversary/antagonist...
Captain
# 178
03-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
Well, looking in-game, he certainly has Trill "Spots" running down the side of his head. Of course, it simply could just be an overlooked model error. And ty Took me a little while to get some of the wording, especially Bryan's speech, just the way I wanted to, but I though it came out ok.
Huh.

Admittedly, I only "see" him when I level to go get a new ship. Otherwise, the window from Hailing him doesn't really show much (iirc).

I'll be hornswaggled ...

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 179
03-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Each week gets better and better! Thank you to all who are discussing, and even though I am going to unstick this now as I prepare to post #40, I know you will all continue to discuss

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 180
03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
@marcus

ty! I thought about it, but decided against the idea because it would have been difficult to come up with a reason as too why other than "I don't really like you all that much." But, as usual, ty for the suggestion.

@cmdrscarlet

Yea, I actually had to walk into his office and adjust the camera angle so I could get a better view of the side of his head But you have a poit about him being a Trill-Human hybrid. It was never said that it was impossible in the series iirc.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet