Lt. Commander
# 21
03-05-2013, 02:20 PM
546865 4865726F

Connection to Collective not detected. Contingency plan HU-3 initiated.

Auditory processing online.

"Captain, I don't think this is a good idea, sir. We should report this to Starfleet."

"Dammit Q'ios, do you want to be stuck on this rust-bucket of a ship forever?"

"Sir, the USS Biko is still a very capable ship for her age. Clearly Starfleet thinks it must have value otherwise it would reti-"

"Yes, value as a punishment posting! But this Borg drone represents a real opportunity for us! If we can wring something useful out of it, something valuable, we'll write our own ticket! Maybe even one of those new Odyssey class cruisers. Teach those stuffed shirts back at ESD that posting us here is a waste of good talent. I'm not going to let one of those clowns take this away from us."

Starfleet radio frequency communications detected. Encryption cracking algorithm begun. Expected time to completion 3.97x10^14.

"Sir, we let the Admiral's daughter violate the Prime Directive."

"It's not our fault she didn't listen to us!"

"Please you two, it's bad enough I have a hangover, but listening to you two is even worse. Paul, I am seeing increased cortical activity. I think it's awake."

"Thanks Doc. Can you hear me?"

Deception plan A begun. Ocular sensor operation restored.

The borg drone opens its eyes and turns towards Captain Wasson.

"Must...reconnect...to...the...Collective..."

Paul leaned close to the drone. "You are on the USS Biko. We found you on a destroyed probe. What is your designation?"

Accessing Locutus files...USS Biko, Oberth class science vessel, no useful technology or threat. Attempt takeover and return to Collective.

"Four of Twelve of Probe 13 of 13."

Captain Wasson turns towards Q'ious, a tall Andorian wearing a blue science uniform. "Q'ios, why is it not blathering about assimilation?"

Q'ios shakes his head. "I don't know sir, that is something not in the unclassified briefings on the Borg. Perhaps the Collective disconnection was severe? Or it was recently assimilated?"

"Doc, keep me informed of any progress."

"Of course Paul."

Deception attempt successful. Tactical assessment - Crew of 80. Ship capable of warp 6. Expected return to Collective in 4.25 x 10^15.

---

"Captain, this is Kuro in Sickbay."

"Go ahead Kuro. What have you found?"

"Well so far my scans seems to show significant cortical activity. Perhaps from continued attempts to communicate to the collective. It hasn't said a damn thing since you were last here. I've been examining its cybernetic implants and it doesn't seem like a normal drone. It?s not armed with weapons. Best I can guess is that they are advanced sensors of some kind. Perhaps it is a medical or science drone?"

"Excellent work Paul! There are no records of a science drone in the computer files! This is just the ticket we need."

Encryption cracking progress: 48% of all keys tested.

---

"Captain, I have finished the scans of the wrecked probe, sir."

"What do those Andorian antennae tell you?"

"It appears the probe has some sort of advanced transwarp drive. It is difficult to tell from the wreckage, but there might be salvageable artifacts from deeper inside. There does not appear to be any weapons damage. Perhaps we can trick the drone into telling us what we need."

"See, now you're thinking Q'ios! We'll be off this dump and on a top of the line cruiser in no time. Let's get back to Sickbay and see what we pry out of that tin can! Ensign Madarrpa, you have the conn."

As the captain and first officer leave, the rest of the bridge crew uneasily look at each other. After all, they won't be leaving "this dump."

---

Encryption cracking progress: 78%

"Four of twelve, we know your ship was testing Transwarp technology. Can you tell us about it?"

Continue deception. Expect encryption cracking completion in 8.73 x 10^12.

"Probe 13 of 13...Advanced transwarp drive...Capable of precision point to point transwarps of 1x10^-16 accuracy."

"Paul, I don't like this. He didn't say a damn word the whole time you were gone, and you ask him one thing and he just answers?"

"I agree Captain, this is very suspicious. Are we sure we're not getting fooled?"

"Come on you two, stop worrying! None of the records mentioned Borg lying. They're too dull to attempt it! And after all, we already know there was advance transwarp technology on that probe."

?If 1x10^-16 is accurate Captain, that means a transwarp across 5,000 lightyears could be accurate within 5 km. Why would the Borg need that??

?I don?t care Q?ios, as long as it gets us off this ship.?

Interior communications key discovered: XS*6Je#kwr2ScUu^Y3H2NPrZ

Accessing computer files...

"Hmm...That kind of accuracy would mean you could shut off all sensors during your transwarp. You could transwarp a tenth of the galaxy and appear precisely where you want...Sir, they could transwarp a cube from the -"

-Comms whistle-

"Captain Wasson, this is the bridge!"

"Captain Wasson here, what is it Ensign Madarrpa? We're making serio..."

"Captain, I am detecting a computer breach!"

"WHAT?!"

"Someone is accessing the computer using your ID sir!"

"Shut down internal comms immediately! Security to Sickbay! Red alert!"

"Captain, I...I cannot!"

A Federation two-man Security team rushes down the hall towards the Sickbay. Just as the door opens, they are suddenly transported away.

"Bridge, what the hell is going on? Where was the security team transported to?"

"Captain...I...I believe they were transported 100m outside the ship!"

"Q'ios, Doc, help me get this drone off my ship!"

As they attempt to rush the drone, they hit a force-field.

Suddenly a turret is transported into the room. It shoots the doctor in the leg and Q'ios in the arm as he attempts to aim a phaser.

"Resistance is futile. Your ship is now under Collective control. It shall return Four of Twelve to the Collective and you shall be assimilated."

The doctor attempts to inject himself with a hypospray before the turret turns and shoots him.

"Damn you Paul, you have doomed us all..."

---

Drone Four of twelve reporting to Collective. Transwarp attempt 13 failed. Returning to Collective controlled space with Federation ship USS Biko under Collective control.

DRONE FOUR OF TWELVE MESSAGE RECEIVED. CUBE 17 OF 25 SET TO INTERCEPT IN 1.17 x 10^15.

---

Drone Four of Twelve stands in a Borg Alcove.

Updating Collective with memories from disconnected time. Contingency plan HU-3 successful.

DRONE FOUR OF TWELVE YOU HAVE PERFORMED WELL. REPORT TO GENETIC EXTRACTION CHAMBER 2. YOU SHALL FATHER THE NEXT GENERATION OF DRONES FOR THIS SECTOR.

Drone Four of Twelve leaves the Alcove and starts walking to another section of the Cube.

ASSIMILATION OF FEDERATION SHIP AND CREW HAS BEGUN.

---

DRONE 1 OF TWELVE REPORT TO PROBE 14 OF 14 FOR PRECISION TRANSWARP TESTING.

Captain Wasson emerges from the gloom, covered in cybernetic implants. His right eye is normal however, and as he turns away you see a glint on his cheek...