Lieutenant
Yeah, everything. Including C-store and lockbox ships.

I realize that some people are happy to be booking around in a Galor or Tholian sci ship, or the Catian cruiser, and that's cool and everything, but I'd like to suggest that we get a federation and KDF skin for every ship, possibly over time. Here's my reasoning:

First off, the original enterprise, the A, B, C, D, and numerous other ships all had matte white hulls. I, personally, love the look of the type 6 material, which is less reflective than any of the default options. This personal preference is why I suggest the type 6, but I'd be happy to have any alternate skins for the non fed ships in the game, because while I can perfectly accept that a federation under the pressure of war on multiple fronts might be willing to use any ships it can lay hands on to up its numbers, I find it kinda hard to believe that they would put a Tholian Web Weaver into service, go through all the trouble of retooling the thing to be used by humans, and then fail to slap a coat of paint or at -least- some call numbers on the thing. Even Kirk and co took the time to spraypaint "Bounty" on the side of their swiped BOP.

I can appreciate that a white and black galor might look odd to some fans of the show, but a connie refit with a spirally pink paint job is pretty out of place to me, but the ability to customize ships is a pretty nifty part of this game. Being able to dress up a Ferengi Marauder with a nice looking fed style paint job would add to the value of these hard to acquire ships, would increase player options for customization, and would add a little extra lore to the idea that these ships have been acquired by federation captains.

Along the way, I also thing adding type six materials for more of the ship configurations would be stellar. I wouldn't even mind if they were locked behind the c-store unlocks, it's just annoying when I have to give up the gleaming white on my Regent just because I don't like the chicken-in-a-pot style forward swept nacelle struts.

Naturally, I'm not one to play favorites. My KDF types would also like to be able to put more traditional klink colors on some of their captured vessels as well.

So I'm interested to know if this tickles anybody else's fancy. Would anybody else be keen to see A feddie paint job on a Galor?
Captain
# 2
02-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensrun View Post
So I'm interested to know if this tickles anybody else's fancy. Would anybody else be keen to see A feddie paint job on a Galor?
Nope. Nadda. Nuh-uh. No-way. No how.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-19-2013, 08:56 PM
not canon, but awesome idea, some will love, some will hate.
Captain
# 4
02-19-2013, 08:57 PM
I like it. A Vulcan D'Kyr with standard Federation material would look awesome.
Captain
# 5
02-19-2013, 09:00 PM
People can mess with their uniform colors. I don't see how ships are all that more offensive to the mythical universe really.

I would find a FED colored Galor damned odd though.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-19-2013, 09:16 PM
I think its a great idea the game needs more customisation of ships and i enjoy flying about seeing ships with reman shields or dominion shields making each ship look different, i think different designs would be fun that way people can personalise there ship even more
Captain
# 7
02-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I like it. A Vulcan D'Kyr with standard Federation material would look awesome.
Was thinking how sweet the Ferengi cruiser would look too. But then you made me think of the D'Kyr. Heck yeah!
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
02-19-2013, 09:51 PM
the mat 6 skins were designed to be made for all "Standard" ships in the ship progression for feds. the blinding white hull i think would look horrible on the d'kyr and d'kora or other lockbox ships. i think the wells class/mobius might look cool in it as those are starfleet ships, but i think starfleet ships only hsould have type 6 mat.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 9
02-19-2013, 10:58 PM
They were working on adding the Type 6 skin to more ships awhile back but I think that project died when Capt Logan left.

Personally I use the Vet Skin on almost all my Fed ships. It provides a similar visual, but I think the little hull details it has over the Type 6 just look better.
Career Officer
# 10
02-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
People can mess with their uniform colors. I don't see how ships are all that more offensive to the mythical universe really.

I would find a FED colored Galor damned odd though.
I was thinking I'd like mine painted up like a manta ray - flat black on top, gloss white on the bottom. It would look mean as all hell.

"The Snowmenz Are Coming! The Snowmenz Are Coming!!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics