Captain
# 1 My day off I walk in emptyness
06-28-2014, 01:03 AM
Well today is my day off so I thought for ones let's play STO, so 4 fleet members are there like Always when I log in just chatting.
Like they say we use the system to chat with each other, sometimes when we are dead bored we do a stf run...
That said let's get to topic !

When I come in the game wherever I go on the starbase or outside it look like it's deserted to me, a few ships in orbit not much else, ESD looks deserted, when you want to do a grind waiting time for 5 players is almost an hour.
Is the game only lively when there is new content or better to say new grind to do ?
Is this game dying now because it's refusal to listen to players and only looking at their wallet.
Is the lifeTime Sub gonna end half life....

Ok maybe it might sound drastic to you but I have seen this before happening with a game going free 2 play it was a great game they go F2P and ignore players wishes and the fan base that was paying their steady income left and the MMO died.

Is this going to happen with STO to ? That would be a shame after 4 years of existence...
What are you thinking fellow STO player...

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Captain
# 2
06-28-2014, 01:08 AM
did you check how many instances there are? or the battlezones? or risa? we get these threads weekly yet even at 3 in morning everything looks fairly busy for me.
Career Officer
# 3
06-28-2014, 01:14 AM
imo i think the best time to get on with ppl on is U.S. hours again MO
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 4
06-28-2014, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightken View Post
did you check how many instances there are? or the battlezones? or risa? we get these threads weekly yet even at 3 in morning everything looks fairly busy for me.
I checked there were 10 instances with 20 people and guess what they were doing, they were chatting dancing with other words they were bored like hell.
And waiting at the undine grind for almost 58 minutes to finally doing a run says to me that there is no one to play with.

Even the Borg STF which is quite busy on normal days was a 45 minute waiting time. So it may look like busy if you count in NPC's but for players running around there is literally nothing there..
Its empty, deserted !!!

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Captain
# 5
06-28-2014, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
imo i think the best time to get on with ppl on is U.S. hours again MO
Yeah I will try that tonight, after I watched STOked..

Career Officer
# 6
06-28-2014, 02:07 AM
Remember, you need to log into Holodeck, not Redshirt or Tribble, if you want to see a lot of people.

And in the public zones, what do you expect people to do but chat?

If you don't want to see people chatting, get into a PvE queue. Also, you may want to configure your chat to show the instance numbers of chats, you'll notice that discussions happen across instances.
Career Officer
# 7
06-28-2014, 02:11 AM
risa is quite busy this time of year with the rainbow boat and canoes. you wont find any returns on esd for a few weeks at least when people start trickling back into their duties after getting what they want.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Super Moderator
# 8
06-28-2014, 02:18 AM
We don't need another doom thread.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Closed Thread