Career Officer
Specifically, the Unique Ship Rewards that some of us have acquired over time. The Galor, the D'Kora, the Wells (etc).

What I'd like to propose / request is a one-time, account-wide unique token (per ship) that allows a player owning that ship to 'rebox' it (so that they may trade that ship to another character, or, if they've tired of it, allowing them to sell it on the exchange).

The reason I say make it a one-time thing is this will require players to actually think about what ships they choose to use on which characters. You (Cryptic) don't want us to be able to do all this for free? Fine, slap a 150zen price per token (alternatively, if you didn't wish to make these a one-time thing, you can always double the zen price each time); 150 - 300 - 450 - 600 (etc).

You could have a new tab on the zen store that simply reads 'rebox', and within that tab have a token for each of your unique ships (Lobi ships to be included).

just an idea for some variation; it'll please players that have since started another toon and would rather ship x be on a different character, it would gain more revenue for you (people would actually purchase these tokens), and it would be a step in the right direction as far as lock box / lobi store items go.

Thoughts?
Captain
# 2
02-20-2013, 09:27 AM
I believe it will cost a lot more than 150 Zen for it. These are ships that can be sold for millions of EC so something like 1200 Zen or more would make sense. I don't think they can change the zen price on an item if you have purchased it before. So it would be stuck at one price unless they have a sale.
Career Officer
# 3
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I believe it will cost a lot more than 150 Zen for it.
I was being highly optimistic. Either way, be it 150zen or 1500zen, I still think this would be worth looking at.
Republic Veteran
# 4
02-20-2013, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't mind trading or selling my Recluse...would love to put it towards a Dreadnought instead.
Career Officer
# 5
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Every lottery ship you see flying around represents a $150 US sale (give or take) and based on the number of them I see, plenty of players are continuing to fork over the money for them, so I doubt PWE will allow the resale of them, not unless you are willing to provide a significant fraction of the $150 it cost to buy a new lottery ship for the privilege of reselling it. Five or ten dollars is not going to cut it.

However, if Cryptic's data shows that having the same lottery ship on multiple characters on the same account is rare, as I suspect it is, they might be willing to eventually make commissioned ships tradable between characters on the same account. But asking them to let you sell a used $150 ship for $5 is probably not realistic.
Career Officer
# 6
02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
While I wouldn't mind being able to repack and get rid of a lockbox ship I'd much rather have them bind to account upon unpacking, but be kept unique per account. So say you have a Bug, it's now bound to your account but if you want to use it on an alt you dismiss it and then open your legacy unlocks in the C-Store and requisition one on that alt.
Career Officer
# 7
02-20-2013, 07:04 PM
this re boxing is a great idea, but they wont do it they are too greedy

Last edited by retrosrages; 02-20-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Lieutenant
# 8
02-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Every lottery ship you see flying around represents a $150 US sale (give or take) and based on the number of them I see, plenty of players are continuing to fork over the money for them, so I doubt PWE will allow the resale of them, not unless you are willing to provide a significant fraction of the $150 it cost to buy a new lottery ship for the privilege of reselling it. Five or ten dollars is not going to cut it.
This is simply not true, I have a Tuffli, Wells and a Mobius and I have spent just ?5 ($10) on the game as a one off never to be repeated. Everything in this game can be earned either by saving up EC or by grinding Dil to trade for Zen
Commander
# 9
02-21-2013, 12:03 PM
I personally think this is a great idea. I totally agree that there should be a Zen Cost to it. 500 Zen or so. This would help generate money for PWE in two ways. First there is more C Store sales to re-box items. Second Zen sales would increase as people would buy Keys/Modules to sell on the exchange to buy the re-boxed ships. Why would people buy Zen to buy stuff on the exchange you say? Its because the increased supply would lower the prices on the exchange.

This also benefits the players as many of us can sell unwanted ships and at least get some value for them. Also those sitting on boxed ships have a chance to try them out before selling them. I have a D'Kora in Storage that I am unsure its worth selling or using it, ESP after the Breen ship I received for free this Christmas.

Also as I said before the increase in supply would lower prices and more people can afford the ships/items. Who cares if the same ship gets re-boxed 20 times. Cryptic only allowed one ship to be issued so re-boxing doesn't change rarity. Actually the more the same ship gets re-boxed the more money Cryptic makes.
Lieutenant
# 10
02-21-2013, 12:09 PM
I would love this kind of idea to be implemented even if the ship remains account bound so I can move my D'kora from my lame sci captain to my tac. I will never ever grind boxes again, so a ship that cost me about 60 bucks to acquire sits gathering dust.
I might also add that the current system of keeping so much of the lockbox and lobis character bound REALLY deters from one wanting to make another character. Would just like to see more account wide binds rather than character. I'd make an Andorian right now but I've spent so much EC on gear for my current tac, it wont happen.

Last edited by atlasmk7; 02-21-2013 at 12:13 PM.