Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcorer View Post
Hello,

Everytime I run the launcher it seems to crash, I have fixed the problem by running the STO launcher as an administrator, just want others to know.

Windows 7 64-bit
Welcome, glad you made it
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-13-2010, 01:30 AM
I am getting a crash after I select Tactical Officer and click the next screen it give me the error number 6719096
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-16-2010, 02:00 PM
my problem is a bit different. I click on the launcher, and nothing happens. Nothing. then I open task manager and see there a "Star Trek Online" process consuming a steady 25% CPU load and about 4 MBs of ram. Re-installing, restarting system, running as admin, Vista compátibility mode, nothing works. If I start a new copy of the launcher it just puts another process consuming another 25% of CPU load and about the same size of ram.

No error screen, no crash, nothing. what could be happening?

Windows 7 64-bit, Intel QuadCore 8200, 4 Gigs of ram and a nVidia GeForce 8800 GT with 195 drivers
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-16-2010, 11:41 PM
I install game and then Launcher it after its done. Launcher does a 177mb patch. and then gives me a engage button. I hit it. Screen goes Black for about 1 to 2 seconds then drops to a window with black in it and nothing eles. so i go to task manager and it says ( Not Responding ). so i click on game at bottom and it givea a Cmd screen and a Error ( Unable to find required game data files . if this problem persist reinstalling app may fix it.

CmD screen shows

Perloading DDLs..Done (0.01)
Filesystem Startup...gamedatadirs:
m.

And that as far as i can get. so here whats im running to help fig this out.

Windows 7 (64bit) Professional
intel Core 2 Duo 2.2
Intel DP ddr2 board
4gb of DDR2 ram
500gb of HDD. single HDD. one Drive C/
EVGA geforce 9600 GSO DDR3 348
1000watt Rockfish Powersupply
Rockfish 5.1 Sound card.
Lite-on lightscribe Drive
Armor Jr / Thermaltake Case

Plz help me get this fix.

Dump file error ticket in your system thruw Clinterror system.: 6895165

I have yet to get on and play or even see the game after 6 days trying
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Poster before me, I am having the same problem, and your post did not make me feel any better....
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-17-2010, 01:22 AM
I had this problem and some how fixed it just now. I had a feeling I had to reinstall and I use a large external hard drive so I decided just to make another copy in case I find out I don't need to do it mid downloading. I just found this thread and seeing that other people have a similar problem I decided to go find the crash number. So I stop downloading the second copy and open the other launcher. The launcher continues to patch like the one I just made. So I "Fuuuuuuuu" For a bit and uninstall the second copy. I use the original launcher and now it works. Probably a weird work around, and I wouldn't recommend it. Just because there's probably an easier way and this way may not completely work.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-17-2010, 10:03 AM
^^
Im having a little trouble figuring out exactly what you did to fix the problem or what "Fuuu" means. Can anyone else tell me how he fixed this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-17-2010, 01:23 PM
When me and my brother press engage on both comps it gets to the cryptic loading screen and then screen goes black and says "fatal error decompressing data" any ideas? if so re post on here or my thread called Launcher crash help or summut like that. I am thinking of reinstalling it tomorrow hopefully that will do the trick.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Launcher Crashing
01-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I am having a similar problem, I have STO installed on both my desktop and laptop. However everytime i try to run it on my desktop i type in my password then it crashes and begins to produce a error report. I have tried running as admin and running in vista/ XP compatability modes and neither has helped. However on my laptop the game runs with no problem at all
Both have sufficent requirements to run the game the only differene is that my desktop has 64 bit windows 7 and my laptop has 32 bit

Error Ticket No: 4549932

Any help would be appreciated
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
I am having a similar problem, I have STO installed on both my desktop and laptop. However everytime i try to run it on my desktop i type in my password then it crashes and begins to produce a error report. I have tried running as admin and running in vista/ XP compatability modes and neither has helped. However on my laptop the game runs with no problem at all
Both have sufficent requirements to run the game the only differene is that my desktop has 64 bit windows 7 and my laptop has 32 bit

Error Ticket No: 4549932

Any help would be appreciated
Looks like a permissions error when creating the game data dirs. Try running as Administrator.
Closed Thread