Lt. Commander
# 31 same problem
02-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi I'm having the same problem. and I tried running and installing as admin and still got the same issue.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-03-2010, 11:14 PM
I have the same issue. It downloads the patch, I hit Engage, and it goes to the black box. Right click the taskbar icon and click game client and it then brings up the error box: Unable to find required game data files. I tried winrar to extract the downloaded files and no go. I tried running in xp compatability mode and no go. I finally gave up and waited till the game came out so I could install from disk. Same exact problem.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Had same issue launcher would crash as soon as you hit submit for login on win7 x64. Fix ended up being turning off Teamviewer... never would have called that one.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterzero View Post
Had same issue launcher would crash as soon as you hit submit for login on win7 x64. Fix ended up being turning off Teamviewer... never would have called that one.
Yea teamviewer was doing the same thing as well. Soon as i turned it off the crashing stopped.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-05-2011, 03:14 PM
My launcher is crashing. It was working a few days ago, I don't do any kinda of programming or anything that could make it not work, or interfere with it.

When I click on Game Client, it comes up without any kind of launcher update, goes straight to the load screen. I don't know what to do.

This is what comes up:
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4741/errorsr.png
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
the locked file error is usually caused by
1. using win7 or vista and not having the launcher exe and gameclient.exe not set to run as admin
2. some other program has the file locked usually an antivirus program locking the file when scanning the directory. reboot will sometime clear it or you may have to exclude the game directory from scanning.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm still on Win XP Home. I did just reinstall a new version of Panda Software, so that may be blocking it. Let me check... I enabled both files on the list for Cryptic for inbound and outbound connections and still won't work. I then disabled the firewall and tried and still nothing.

What do you suggest?

EDIT#
Um... It works now. I just restarted the computer. I don't know what happened or why. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-05-2011, 05:40 PM
just a note but panda have been reported to corrupt the hogg files on downloads
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-08-2011, 11:36 AM
This issue is really getting effing ridiculous. I'm sorry, but this issue is really the first thing that has made me mad about STO. It's not exactly the fact that It's a problem that's making me mad, they're bugs and other problems that come along the road. Fine, I understand that. But the fact that no Devs have really said anything about it, or if they've been working on it or not is terrible.

I really want to play STO, but the fact that this issue has kept me from playing it the last month and a half is really aggrovating

edit: I'm mad so please, no devs take this as an attack of any kind. But i'm a paying customer that has avidly defended this game from the beginning and this is really infuriating me. all I want to know is if this is getting fixed?

What did it to me was that one update that brought this issue up. A dev stated a change that was thought harmless caused this.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm in the same boat here...

I haven't been able to login to the game for about a week already.

Today I uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled using my original CE DVD... still having the same issue with the launcher.

It will load, but the Username field will be blank... I'll type in my Username and Password and hit the Submit button, but the launcher locks up and the error console comes up.

However, I don't think that's working correctly either, because the same error ticket number pops up every time.

I've tried running the launcher as an Admin and running it in XP SP3 compatibility mode with no success.

If I try to by-pass the launcher completely and run the client directly, after I try to login I get an "Account server has timed out" error.

I am running Win7 Pro 64-Bit SP1 on an Intel Core i7 hardware setup.

Any help or suggestions will be helpful!!
Closed Thread