Lt. Commander
# 41
05-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Check your IE installations, the launcher relies on Internet Explorer to work properly.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-13-2011, 08:18 PM
After beating my head against my keyboard for days... I finally found the answer to my problem.

My issue was I had TeamViewer running and that was causing the issue with my launcher, as mentioned in the the following thread...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=212121

I exit the TeamViewer program and the launcher works as normal.

I'm not quite sure what changed because I've had TeamViewer installed for months before I had this issue; I'm just glad I have a solution and can login to the game once again.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilFox
Yea teamviewer was doing the same thing as well. Soon as i turned it off the crashing stopped.
hooray , that saved my day!
didn´t think this little problem causing so much trouble

Thx.
Lt. Commander
# 44 teamviewr
06-30-2011, 05:27 AM
Same with me teamviewer crash my launcher too when i contactet support they thourt it was the new internet explore 9
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-30-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexskylark View Post
my problem is a bit different. I click on the launcher, and nothing happens. Nothing. then I open task manager and see there a "Star Trek Online" process consuming a steady 25% CPU load and about 4 MBs of ram. Re-installing, restarting system, running as admin, Vista compátibility mode, nothing works. If I start a new copy of the launcher it just puts another process consuming another 25% of CPU load and about the same size of ram.

No error screen, no crash, nothing. what could be happening?

Windows 7 64-bit, Intel QuadCore 8200, 4 Gigs of ram and a nVidia GeForce 8800 GT with 195 drivers
Yep, Im having the same issue. My computer seems like it trys to launch the game and then nothing happens
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-30-2011, 03:23 PM
hidden launcher window problem. is a bug that the devs have been unable to find the cause. what happens is the launcher window goes to a virtual window display/

fix is to

•Launch your Champions/star trek Online Launcher. It will do the whole sit there on taskbar and tray with nothing showing.
•Open up task manager (right click on task bar, select Task manager, or press ctrl+alt+del and select Task manager).
•In task manager, minimize and then maximize said champions/star trek online launcher program through task manager (right click on the champs/star online application in the taskbar list.)

or
downlaod http://files.champions-online.com/Sh...herWindows.exe
run this program right after you run the launcher (if using win7 or vista must be set to run as admin)
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-11-2012, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexNebular
I have the same issue. It downloads the patch, I hit Engage, and it goes to the black box. Right click the taskbar icon and click game client and it then brings up the error box: Unable to find required game data files. I tried winrar to extract the downloaded files and no go. I tried running in xp compatability mode and no go. I finally gave up and waited till the game came out so I could install from disk. Same exact problem.
i am having the dang problem it was fine 6 days ago then all the sudden the same thing happend

=====

Zombies are one of my least favorite species of the Galaxy. I must destroy this one and remind you Humans to open a new thread if you need to post on a topic that has not seen the light of day in over 30 days.

Q

=====
Closed Thread