Career Officer
I was recalling one of the requests we (generally speaking) asked for when D'kyr was close to release was a Starfleet tone to one of the costume choices. Which it didn't come with. I've seen D'kyr more than once with Aegis sets. Or in combinations that I couldn't visually distinguish.

Might anyone have a screenshot of the D'kyr Science Vessel with just the veteran's skin on it?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Lieutenant
# 2
02-20-2013, 01:52 AM
The problem with the D'kyr is that the default skin cannot be customised, but it's skin will change with equipment sets, although not correctly as the warp ring does not get skinned.

So I am not sure if it can be fitted with the Veteran's skin.

The closest thing I have seen to a starfleet colour scheme is the Jem Hadar set as it changes it to a grey (and purple) hue.
Career Officer
# 3
02-20-2013, 11:12 AM
I was reading another thread which reminded me that there is a Fleet Material. I note that there is a Fleet D'kyr as well? So it sounds like time needs to be given to the Art Team to polish the animated components of starships to consistently carry the various materials becoming available from these various unlocks. I would encourage these improvements.

I think that I will hold off on purchasing a D'kyr until I'm more confident these details have been addressed.

STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link

Last edited by psiameese; 02-20-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Rihannsu
# 4
02-20-2013, 12:20 PM
D'Kyr is weird in that a LOT of graphical effects that would normally cover the ship's hull only cover the Tal'Kyr. to make it worse, the warp ring NEVER changes no matter what you do to the ship...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.