Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,560
# 121
02-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
You have a strange definition of something "quick" ...
Because some of us understand that coding fixes for things can take time, therefore 'quickly' can elongate easily

But all joking aside, why is having an immediate replacement for a removal that big of an issue, and why did it require 'extra emphasis NEVER should have happened in the first place' speech?

I'm curious here. But I admit, it sounds similar to a spoiled child asking why it's taking so long, when the average person would expect that amount of waiting imo
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 460
# 122
02-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Thank you cryptic
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
# 123
02-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Thank you Cryptic! This will improve things nicely.

Thank you for listening to your players.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 124
02-20-2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Because some of us understand that coding fixes for things can take time, therefore 'quickly' can elongate easily

But all joking aside, why is having an immediate replacement for a removal that big of an issue, and why did it require 'extra emphasis NEVER should have happened in the first place' speech?

I'm curious here. But I admit, it sounds similar to a spoiled child asking why it's taking so long, when the average person would expect that amount of waiting imo
Personal attacks aside, Stahl admitted in his apology, that a "Fleet Mark replacement" should've been put in place at the same time as it's Foundry removal. So why bring up this whole "you sound like a spoiled kid" analogy?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,560
# 125
02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Personal attacks aside, Stahl admitted in his apology, that a "Fleet Mark replacement" should've been put in place at the same time as it's Foundry removal. So why bring up this whole "you sound like a spoiled kid" analogy?
Eh, it was a question that I don't really need an answer to anymore.

Dstahl apologized, things are more-or-less back to normal, and that's all that needs to be said, I think
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 126
02-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Because some of us understand that coding fixes for things can take time, therefore 'quickly' can elongate easily

But all joking aside, why is having an immediate replacement for a removal that big of an issue, and why did it require 'extra emphasis NEVER should have happened in the first place' speech?

I'm curious here. But I admit, it sounds similar to a spoiled child asking why it's taking so long, when the average person would expect that amount of waiting imo
No offense man, but I don't remember you being appointed the grand arbiter of what constitutes "that big of an issue."

If something occurs that never should have occured, than any length of time to correct the issue is going to seem too long. If you don't see what occured as a problem, why post at all on the matter and try to belittle those that do see the issue as a problem to being "similar to a spoiled child"?

And when the EP admits it was a boneheaded move that could have been easily avoided had just the slightest regard to the feedback they received before Cryptic made the change been heeded, maybe your should pause to consider that just because you don't find something to be a problem, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't actually a problem.

TL/DR version: Dan sacked up and apologized. That tells me he understands where this last week was completely unnecessary, even if you don't apparently understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Eh, it was a question that I don't really need an answer to anymore.
Yes, throw out the bait and then when called on it, play the rhetorical question card. There is a name for that when it occurs in internet forums, isn't there?

Last edited by boglejam73; 02-20-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 127
02-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Good update. just wish this had been added last week and saved a lot of anger but we got there in the end.

and pvp updates woot.
Thanks cryptic and what captainrevo1 said. Will be back after the patch.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,560
# 128
02-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
No offense man, but I don't remember you being appointed the grand arbiter of what constitutes "that big of an issue."

If something occurs that never should have occured, than any length of time to correct the issue is going to seem too long. If you don't see what occured as a problem, why post at all on the matter and try to belittle those that do see the issue as a problem to being "similar to a spoiled child"?

And when the EP admits it was a boneheaded move that could have been easily avoided had just the slightest regard to the feedback they received before Cryptic made the change been heeded, maybe your should pause to consider that just because you don't find something to be a problem, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't actually a problem.

TL/DR version: Dan sacked up and apologized. That tells me he understands where this last week was completely unnecessary, even if you don't apparently understand it.



Yes, throw out the bait and then when called on it, play the rhetorical question card. There is a name for that when it occurs in internet forums, isn't there?
Oh, I understand, I simply don't understand how anyone can see it as a big issue. An issue, yes, but not this big of one.

And either way, I asked a question, not asserted that my opinion was the right one Plus, I think enough's been said about it on this thread, so let's just stop there
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 129
02-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Oh, I understand, I simply don't understand how anyone can see it as a big issue. An issue, yes, but not this big of one.

And either way, I asked a question, not asserted that my opinion was the right one Plus, I think enough's been said about it on this thread, so let's just stop there
Continue to minimize the valid opinions of others and then end the post with "lets just stop there."

Again, the bait is thrown, followed by an attempt to halt any pushback.

What is the term I am looking for? You know, that thing they call it when someone does this in a thread... Now its going to bug me until I think of the word.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,560
# 130
02-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Continue to minimize the valid opinions of others and then end the post with "lets just stop there."

Again, the bait is thrown, followed by an attempt to halt any pushback.

What is the term I am looking for? You know, that thing they call it when someone does this in a thread... Now its going to bug me until I think of the word.
Troll?

Well, if that's the word, then you're wrong. I don't do this for the fun of it; I do it because I have questions, want to express opinions, and so on.

And right now, I feel I've derailed this thread enough, which is why I said let's stop.
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.