Career Officer
# 41
02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty shocked the figures were raised so much at a flat rate. This is probably going to double or more the average PUG's income and raise the skilled groups income by 50% or so, not a bad change.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 42
02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
These changes look very favorably.

But I got a feeling that the AFKer problem in Public PvP queues will once again rear it's ugly head, like it did in the old days with the Marks of Honor and MK11 Emblems. So Dev Team, I hope you are prepared.

Fleet Marks in Romulan Events, though much better, still seems rather light.

HARD Events on Nukara and Defera, since these are on lengthy cooldowns, why not up this to 100? That way it would intice those who are tired of the Queued events to visit here more often.
Career Officer
# 43
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
I appreciate the ways of freeing up fm in more than one place in return for removing the foundry wrapper.....that's a good point.

Bad point...Cryptic you could have saved yourself a lot of grief and annoyed people by having these changes in synch with the removal. Also the teasing and wait and see doesn't give the consumer confidence.

Anyway to my actual point. Is there are chance No win scenario 7-10 levels could earn more fleet marks too (to keep it scaled)? It would encourage players to play what I find the most challenging yet fun mission and giving even more fleet marks would only give further incentive as I'm trying to spread the word and get people playing it.

Go on Cryptic, don't squeeze the minority for a change and give us incentive to go as far as we can in NWS .
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Rihannsu
# 44
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.24

General:
  • Updated the description of the Phaser Quad Cannons; it no longer incorrectly describes Phaser procs as decreasing the target's weapon power.
    • This is a text change only.
  • Activating EV suits no longer cause the character's head to disappear.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented some players from assigning Bridge Officers to their ships.

Fleet Marks:
  • No-Win Scenario:
    • Increased the rewards for rounds 4, 5 and 6 from 5/8/13 to 10/18/28 respectively.
    • This increases Fleet Mark rewards by 30.
  • The following events now grant an additional 30 Fleet Marks.
    • Colony Invasion
    • Starbase Blockade
    • Starbase Fleet Defense
    • Starbase Incursion
  • Starbase Alert now grants an extra 10 Fleet Marks each time an enemy wave is defeated for the first 3 waves.
  • Azure Nebula rescue now grants twice as many Fleet Marks.
  • Defera invasion missions:
    • Easy missions now grant 13 Fleet Marks.
    • Medium missions now grant 25 Fleet Marks.
    • Hard missions now grant 60 Fleet Marks.
  • Nukara missions:
    • Easy missions now grant 13 Fleet Marks.
    • Medium missions now grant 25 Fleet Marks.
    • Hard missions now grant 60 Fleet Marks.
  • Mine Trap now grants an extra 30 Fleet Marks upon completion.
  • Added 50 Fleet Marks to each of the PVP daily wrappers:
    • Raze Enemy Headquarters (Daily)
    • Raze Enemy Secret Headquarters (Lt. General - Daily)
    • Dominate the Heroes of the Enemy (Daily)
    • Dominate the Leaders of the Enemy (Lt. General - Daily)
    • Claiming Enemy Reserves (Daily)
    • Claiming Enemy Emergency Reserves (Lt. General - Daily)
    • Reclaim the Neutral Zone (Daily)
    • Restore the Neutral Zone (Vice Admiral - Daily)
    • Into the Fray (Daily); To the Front Lines (Vice Admiral - Daily)
    • Pacify Enemy Heroes (Daily)
    • Pacify Enemy Leaders (Vice Admiral - Daily)
Thank you as this was much needed!
Captain
# 45
02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
thank you, cryptic, for listening to your playerbase...there, at least they'll have some positive feedback amongst all the complaining that's sure to come for not doing it last week, which everyone knows is going to happen
Don't worry, people will forget soon enough and go back to complaining how Cryptic never listens to the players...
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Rihannsu
# 46
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Don't worry, people will forget soon enough and go back to complaining how Cryptic never listens to the players...
well, hopefully some of them will now realize that cryptic does listen, even if it's...delayed
Career Officer
# 47
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
hooray for fleetmarks

+ oh oh now all the AFK PvPers might come out of their holes again... and still no solution to that and no consequences either... ohoho

Activating EV suits no longer cause the character's head to disappear.

does this mean we will gat the see through EV suit helmets that D'Tan was using in that Tholian Tier 5 cinematic?

that might be a cool option for the STF Maco / Omega Armor too

...OPTION... not replacement (there still big headed aliens etc.)

I am happy to see the FM on PvP. The FM will only be good on the daily. At best, you can only earn them once a day on PvP this should keep AFK down somewhat.
Career Officer
# 48
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
well, hopefully some of them will now realize that cryptic does listen, even if it's...delayed

Sure they listen, but is it because the genuinely care about the playerbase or is it because they did something boneheaded and needed to cover their butts so as to get people happy and spending money again.

Time will tell if we are treated as players or as numbers on a metric system.

I assume no more content will be added until May, so we will see what bug fixes happen between now and then.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Commander
# 49
02-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Much better than the "maybe in a few months" that we were left to chew on over the weekend. Thank you.

In the future, however, I strongly advise you to do as one of the posters on that huge thread suggested: build the second bridge before you burn the first one.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Thank you for listening....this is a step in the right direction.

Suggestion: we need some rigor around testing patches before rolling to production. If the patch is causing all kinds of issues in Tribble, there has to be some feedback look to stop it from rolling to Holodeck so bugs/concerns can be fixed.

I work for a large IT company that has (4) major releases a year on a highly used, internal application. All kinds of testing and bug reports are generated months in advance on the QA platform so fixes are made and full regression tests are performed again of the fixes installed on the QA system. High Level flow below:

* Bug identified in Beta Release >> fix developed >> fix installed in QA >> Regression test of fix in QA

* QA team signs off on Beta Release in QA platform

* Release is installed in Production >> Operational Readiness Test is performed to certify the Production platform is working correctly.

* If severe bugs/issues are found in Production, the call is made to roll back to previous Release.

I present the above as just an example, I understand the Releases and Patch intervals are more frequent in a MMO, but I hope some rigor and feedback can be installed.

Thanks!
Locutus

Delirium Tremens
Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
http://dtfleet.com/