Lt. Commander
# 21
02-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
More folks would play on Tribble if Cryptic actually fixed the bugs that testers identified. As it stands now, if it's bugged on Tribble it'll be bugged on live the next day. And more than likely for the six months after that.
This is the reason why I didn't install a 2nd sto and get involved with tribble, I've Beta d a couple of other pieces of software and I can recall very few instances where known bugs were released, or for that matter any patches that didn't sit in our sandbox for at least a week so that we could abuse it and try to break it.
HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Captain
# 22
02-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Excellent, now I have an excuse to PvP with my fleet when we need some marks. Makes PvP much more viable for the grind.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
02-20-2013, 05:44 PM
These are very welcome changes indeed! Thank you to everyone involved. This is much appreciated.
Starships: Model errors and feedback project, 2410 edition.
Captain
# 24
02-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Yay! FM for PvP!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 25
02-20-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm glad I kept my mouth shut all this while. The change never affected me, I never really did IOR or the fleet stuff for marks anyway. The Ausmonauts does nightly SB Defs, churn out 100+ marks x 20 for the admirals in the raid, and poof a lot of projects get underway. And that's excluding Commendation Reports, which are really great "AFK" mark grinds.

Now I see a point to play more fleet stuff. Talk about having even more endgame content.

Thanks Devs, you did great this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 26
02-20-2013, 07:25 PM
While they may have fixed one thing, there are still a myriad of problems with us since launch they have yet to remedy. Never forget what it took for this to happen for Cryptic is already scheming their next dastardly deed.
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 27
02-20-2013, 08:22 PM
I still miss the IOR's.

Alas, it's better than nothing, and perhaps someday we can have it back.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 28
02-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azntrigboi View Post
Well, isn't that Cryptic's pattern anyways? It's the way they do things.

1) Release a change
2) Measure and collect data on its effects
3) Provide a tuned response

It's this very procedure that I think causes so much rage. Most people don't know how long Step 2 is going to take. Some will even say "Why doesn't Step 2 happen on Tribble?" Well, I think you know the answer to that. Tribble popultion vs. Holodeck population...how many times more?

Anyways, I personally don't have a problem with this method of development, and I'm happy they managed to push out a correction just one week after.

Well, nothing is really stopping Cryptic from coming to the forums, presenting the planed changes, and asking for opinions. You know, involving the player base since they are the ones that are going to be playing it.

If they were better at communicating their intentions and getting feedback before they release content even to the test server this debacle would not have happened. Instead we keep getting a wait and see approach. We keep getting this "we can't tell you it's a national security secret" attitude. Quit using metrics and just interact with the community. Be more personable.

I suggest a new pattern:

1) Present a plan months in advance
2) Gain feedback
3) Release for testing weeks in advance
4) Actually listen to your testers that report bugs.
5) Fix said bugs
6) Be declared greatest company ever for superior handling of such a well known IP
7) Profit
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS

Last edited by lordagamemnonb5; 02-20-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
02-20-2013, 08:57 PM
They did something right! ^_^ Im so happy! Nothing in this patch made me die a little inside!
Career Officer
# 30
02-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Apology accepted

Please learn from this that we are all in this with you and when you don't communicate it just makes things worst.

This game has the potential of being the best, most played, and most profitable MMO ever if we all work together and not treat each other like we are enemies.

Your dev team, I am sure, works hard but there are some simple ways to keep this from happening again.

1) Put the patches on tribble for a week and let us help test everything we can.
2) We will report them to you and interact with the devs, if you want us to, to make sure the code is tested and is as bug free as possible before it gets loaded on the Holodeck.
3) Give us a way to provide you with the ideas that we have. Some are very good and would bring back a lot of the fun that is missing.
4) Setup a plan to address the promises that have been made over the years, even if it is to just say they have been reviewed and it was decided not to implent them.
5) Reduce the grind. Even you have posted before that grinding is not fun.

Just give us the chance to help you. It will benefit all of us and increase your bottom line

We all want this to be a long term, fun filled, game we can all enjoy.

Zeus
Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods
"I don't test my code often, but when I do I test it in Production-The most interesting dev in the world

I rather be a fence post in Texas than the King of PWE

Last edited by zeus16nbs; 02-20-2013 at 09:33 PM.