Captain
Four Spawns.
Four Spawns?
That's right. Four spawns.
But there's only going to be three factions.
Four spawns.
Why? How?

Above, Below, SE, NW. Those would be the four spawn points in Ker'at. Where you spawn will be a combination of outcome, random, and set.

Outcome: Whatever side completes the "Mission" in Ker'rat will spawn above the Borg.
Random: The two factions did not complete the "Mission" in Ker'rat will randomly spawn NW/SE.
Set: On restart, everybody will spawn below the Borg.

This leaves Cracked open for those that still want the 1v1's and also leaves room over at Jungle for an additional faction added down the line.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 2
03-24-2013, 03:51 AM
On restart of any map players should respawn at their respective sides.

Kerrat is infamous for spawn-campers. Particularly the Feds.
Captain
# 3
03-24-2013, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post

By having everybody spawn below the Borg though - there will still be that chaos of the restart fights...but without that spawn actually belong to anybody, if somebody wants to camp - they'll have to make their way to the actually spawn.

By having the upper spawn determined by the faction that completes the "Mission" and the NW/SE spawns randomly determined - people would have to remember where they spawned in order to find the other spawn to camp. The most likely spawn, imo, that would face an attempt at camping at this point would be the group that had completed the "Mission" last.

If they were camped to the point that somebody else completed the "Mission" - then once again it would change. People would have to remember and a different group might be subject to the easiest "camp" - the above group.

However, the group that completes the "Mission" is likely to have numerical superiority in many cases (or just somebody that can game the system to complete it the fastest).

Even the armed spawns in CnH can be camped. I believe that this system though, would cut down on the camping or at least spread it around more...while doing away with the initial camping.

There would be the King of the Hill going on with the group that completes the "Mission" while also being that King of the Bottom of the Hill with the restart without anybody having respawns any closer than anybody else.

Was just a thought - just a suggestion.
Captain
# 4
03-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post

A BIG Yes from me on that idea.

I'm surprised there isn't more complaints over this. Last night I was actually held hostage by the game from 2 fed spawn campers who has positioned themselves right behind the spawn point and killed me before I had spawned in completely NUMEROUS times. I wasn't able to exit the map because I died so quickly, my only escape was to turn off my router causing a game disconnect. I have a movie of the almost dozen times they did this.

That was way more disheartening than the fed campers who lay minefields around the spawnpoint and wait a few km away for the scraps who survive. I don't recall ever seeing a KDF group spawncamp in the year I've been playing. I guess the honorless feds really need the kills to bolster their resume.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?

Last edited by lordmalak1; 03-24-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Captain
# 5
03-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I'm surprised there isn't more complaints over this.
I'm not sure it's ever worked.

There's always complaints about it. There's always suggestions for fixes (I only brought this particular one up because of LoR coming in May). After a period of time, people accept it. New players don't - they complain - but after a period, they accept it too. The cycle has been going on for how many years now?
Career Officer
# 6
03-24-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm not saying the feds dont spawn camp, they do. But klinks are just as bad. And after so many years of it happening, you can't really say one is worse then the other, it's pretty equal.

It can be quite fun warping in with a few friends, seeing three times as many feds im there and using the faction switch bug to try and bring an certain equilibrium to the instance.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I'm not saying the feds dont spawn camp, they do. But klinks are just as bad. And after so many years of it happening, you can't really say one is worse then the other, it's pretty equal.

It can be quite fun warping in with a few friends, seeing three times as many feds im there and using the faction switch bug to try and bring an certain equilibrium to the instance.
I agree with Reg. Although I believe when Klingons do it, it is far worse. Look at it from the Feds point of view...they all spawn in the same place at first. However the typical care bear fed wont go back to the spawn once s/he has been killed. Furthermore if Klingons camp Feds that involves them traversing the whole map to spawn kill someone, that's far more malicious than Feds killing kinks when they all warp in at the same place.

Ps. The best way to piss off a Klingon is to survive and watch them run away.
Captain
# 8
03-24-2013, 02:24 PM
It's not so much about trying to point fingers, cause face it - the way Ker'rat works right now:

Zone#1 - 15 Feds, 1 KDF...the Feds will be camping.
Zone#2 - 15 KDF, 1 Fed...the KDF will be camping.

So perhaps beyond just trying to do something about the spawns, perhaps something should be done about the numbers as well. Not so much a queue, no - nothing like that - but rather an equalizing algorithm that could run on restarts/etc - something to balance out the numbers.

Course, that brings up another issue - what's the player cap in an instance of Ker'rat? How's that going to work with a third faction? Lol, will we just have multiple zones of 10+ of one faction camping the 1-3 of another?
Career Officer
# 9
03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
It'd be nice if there was auto-balance mechanic.

Once your instance finishes and the timer runs to zero, instead of re-warping you end up in an instance where your faction is out-numbered. If you're on a team and the imbalance is big enough you all get taken over to help restore equilibrium. If you're on a team you only get switched if all of you are needed, so no chance of teams of friends being broken by events beyond their control.

The only massive problem I see is an incoming faction that will quite likely gain access to this.

Plus the fact Kerrat is open to pretty much every level, keeping things equal gets harder when you need to keep lower or higher level instances separate. Unless you bring everyone up to 50 much like RED ALERTS....

Hmm.