Captain
# 11
02-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
That's a great idea really. And le't do the same if we see spawn campers. Oh the irony, KvF queues would be instantly empty.
"Spawn Camping" is a fallacy created by the federation dogs. If your team has been suppressed at your deployment point... well its time to rethink your tactics.

hir' fvillha kaleh
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 12
02-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
"Spawn Camping" is a fallacy created by the federation dogs. If your team has been suppressed at your deployment point... well its time to rethink your tactics.

hir' fvillha kaleh
Have it ever occured to you, that those "federation dogs" are suppressed to the deplyoment point, because the AFkers ? and some cheese like dropping aceton and tricobalts to spawn point with BopS ?

Eventually, there will be only afkers in FvK, and if klingons warp out, there will be no FvK. Hence why I said that.

So my dear, its rather you, who should rethink your tactics. Because if I were to rethink mine, I would just stop queing for FvK.

The real irony, is the very same spawn campers, then moan in OPvP about lack of feds in queue and basically beg them to queue.

P.S. I would like to point out, that my previous post should have been in the post started by Minimax..for some reason, it went here.

Last edited by dalnar83; 02-21-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Career Officer
# 13
02-21-2013, 03:44 AM
I agree in principle with Antonio.

But also do agree with Dalnar about moaning Klings, specifically a certain green fleet and its leader complaining about lack of queuing for FvK. The same fleet that had no qualms about exploiting bugs against other teams, and now they whine about empty queues. Lulz, those morons emptied them out, so don't cry when Feds don't queue up anymore.
Captain
# 14
02-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Team powers are too limited in sto ! Need something like team voting for kick those leeches
http://i61.tinypic.com/vcusso.jpg
Captain
# 15
02-21-2013, 04:33 AM
The core of the problem lies in the "reward for loosers" kind of mentality.

If you ban afking, people will just remove their shields and suicide to finish the match asap. The only thing that scares such people from the pvp queues is that reward or rather credit for win, goes only to winning team.
Captain
# 16
02-21-2013, 06:37 AM
There will be AFKers yes.

But the real farmers/grinders will simply take off their shield array and charge the enemy. Much much worse, I highly recommend using private queue and or capture and hold until they find a way to deal with it. Or atleast for the first weekend.

Scratch that though, the real farmers will be multiboxing
http://www.helpscout.net/75-customer...es-statistics/
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
02-21-2013, 06:43 AM
I wish we could use tractor repulsors to push these afkrs out in the open of enemy fire
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
There needs to be a "pain field" in the spawn area or something that kills you if you camp there too long, or the spawn areas need to be re-designed so they cannot be camped. Also, if there is no activity on your character for x amount of minutes in a pvp map, then you get auto kicked. That would work I think.

Last edited by chk231; 02-21-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Career Officer
# 19
02-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
You don't need the virus to win Shanty. It's a crutch for bad teams and is only ever useful if you make the entire other team ragequit and beam out.
Huh? I don't think I have ever had the other team ragequit. I have had my team ragequit when being spawncamped by cloaked Caitians and Engineer spam.
Commander
# 20
02-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Most of the people I've seen ragequit from shanty are people who don't pvp much. Granted, only seen it happen once, but... it happened. And I'm sure it happens more often than just once in three years.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403