Lieutenant
# 11
03-07-2013, 04:31 AM
agreed...........
Ensign
# 12
03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
This is probably on their List of Things We'd Like to Do Someday, but I doubt it's coming any time soon unless some technology comes along that makes it easy to implement and put in the game.

Most of the time, you should probably be launching fighters as soon as they come off cooldown, anyway.

Frankly, I'd rather have fighter launches replace the *earliest* wing, instead of the most recently launched wing, before I'd want to have any kind of indicators as to what's still alive and what isn't. With a UI showing which ones are still alive, it would just be even *more* frustrating to have one fighter left in the original wing, and you can't reinforce them because it just keeps replacing the most recently launched wing that's probably still full of live ships.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
What I would like:

UI showing how many are out (movable HUD item) and their life.
Auto-launch feature to replace "blown up" fighters (still work with cool down so if you launch 3 at a time and 1 dies, 1 will launch BUT it will be on a cooldown. this option should be "toggle base" for those who may want to launch all 3 again if 2 dies.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Survivor of Remus
# 14
03-12-2013, 04:48 PM
i recently found a way in game to see all fighters and mines from you and friendlies and the enemy fighters and mines. if you already know this then im sorry for wasting your time.

go into options and then go to the HUD tab, from there scroll down till you see in large print

ENEMY NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS, from there you can set whether or not you can see the enemy fighters and mines and there life left, just set it to always instead of targeted. just under this you will see,

FRIENDLY NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS, from there you can choose what info about your own and your faction fighters and mines you see, mine is set to see my name and life of my fighters.

i hope this helps some people but something tells me everyone knew about this but me till recently, lol.
Ensign
# 15
03-12-2013, 05:32 PM
I'd vote for a combat pet indicator - I never realize my pets are all dead until after the battle.

Also, there are pets that heal, etc but you need to buy one of the orion support ships.
Captain
# 16
03-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyblades View Post
I'd vote for a combat pet indicator - I never realize my pets are all dead until after the battle.

Also, there are pets that heal, etc but you need to buy one of the orion support ships.
It's easier when your pets are the same size as player ships.

But yeah, I would like to see a pet status indicator.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Commander
# 17
03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlintallfellow View Post
This is probably on their List of Things We'd Like to Do Someday, but I doubt it's coming any time soon unless some technology comes along that makes it easy to implement and put in the game. [...]
The server and/or client already keeps track of who own what fighter(s) and a counter. If you've ever rearanged the GUI or added new widgets you already know the GUI supports that.

Sorry to be cynical, but given some of the bugs that keep popping up? I don't think it's that it can't be done. I think the team that created the engine or modified it for STO is gone and the guys at the helm now don't have a solid clue what's going on behind the curtain. I don't know if they actively being told "don't", they can't grasp it, or there was ever never any documentation to start with.

The possibility to do it is already there. The question isn't can it be done, the question is how or will it be done?