Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Torrent...
01-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Anyone else having issues with the torrent/launcher? I can't get either one to work. My ports are open. I've had both open for almost 4 hours now and both still show 0%, 0kb/s, 0 peers, 0 anything. it keeps timing out when trying to contact the tracker.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Does your ISP block torrent traffic?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Need some basic information to be able to help you.

What bit torrent client(utorrent, bittornado,etc) are you using and what version is it?

What ISP(Comcast, U-verse, etc) are you using? Some shady ISPs will shape traffic and block content.

Do you have a software firewall? Are you behind a router?


Toss this info out and you'll at least get some suggestions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Latest version of Utorrent, my ISP is a WiFi one, no firewall as they're worthless.

I gave up on the torrent. I'm downloading the older beta from one of the sites listed in the forums, going at 200 kb/s so I'm fine.


As for the torrent issue, the weird thing is I messed with it a LOT to try and get it working. I'm not new to torrents (I'm almost constantly downloading torrents or seeding them) and this is the first one I've ever had that flat out refused to work. During the entire time I tried to get it to work I stopped all other downloads/uploads... When I finally gave up I resumed the other downloads/uploads I had and they were going at full speed again.


BTW, about 10 minutes ago it found a crapload of peers (around 3k) but no seeders and still wasn't connecting to anyone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorak
Latest version of Utorrent, my ISP is a WiFi one, no firewall as they're worthless.

I gave up on the torrent. I'm downloading the older beta from one of the sites listed in the forums, going at 200 kb/s so I'm fine.


As for the torrent issue, the weird thing is I messed with it a LOT to try and get it working. I'm not new to torrents (I'm almost constantly downloading torrents or seeding them) and this is the first one I've ever had that flat out refused to work. During the entire time I tried to get it to work I stopped all other downloads/uploads... When I finally gave up I resumed the other downloads/uploads I had and they were going at full speed again.


BTW, about 10 minutes ago it found a crapload of peers (around 3k) but no seeders and still wasn't connecting to anyone.
Very odd behavior. No reason for 1 torrent not to work whereas others do. I assume you redownloaded the torrent and deleted any DIR and Temp files created at least 1x to make sure something didnt happen in the torrents creation. Next up would be experimenting with proxy, but if your getting it via direct ...oh well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWookie View Post
Very odd behavior. No reason for 1 torrent not to work whereas others do. I assume you redownloaded the torrent and deleted any DIR and Temp files created at least 1x to make sure something didnt happen in the torrents creation. Next up would be experimenting with proxy, but if your getting it via direct ...oh well.
Yeah, it was very weird. I even tried another torrent program, along with both of my other PC's. One PC showed almost 7k peers but no seeds and wouldn't download anything, and the other two kept timing out while connecting to the tracker (the one with 7k peers also timed out after finding peers).

I'm hoping the CBT client can be updated for OB,=/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-12-2010, 01:43 AM
hmmmm maybe your upload is set to high, so it kills the connection?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorak
Yeah, it was very weird. I even tried another torrent program, along with both of my other PC's. One PC showed almost 7k peers but no seeds and wouldn't download anything, and the other two kept timing out while connecting to the tracker (the one with 7k peers also timed out after finding peers).

I'm hoping the CBT client can be updated for OB,=/
It can be, will take a few bigger patches, but doable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWookie View Post
It can be, will take a few bigger patches, but doable.
Seems to be the best option now still, .

The client's coming down fast too.. Less than 9 hours to go.


I'll mess with the torrent more when my client is done. Maybe I'll be able to find the issue and if others have problems maybe I can help resolve theirs as well.


BTW - to all who attempted to help, thank you, .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Hmmm... Maybe I posted the wrong thread the first time.

Anyway, I posed the following information in the other thread:
-------------------------------------
The torrent installs without a hitch. I deleted my previous install and reinstalled the game via the torrent version and it works just fine.

Shoot before I left for work there were nearly 6000 peers connected and I had UL nearly 1TB of date to people already today. It is far, far faster than getting it any other way. I first tried the official DL but is was clunking along at a blistering 9k for some time and FP - well that place is garbage as far as I'm concerned....

Anyway, when I get home I will start to seed it again (100Mbit fiber: OC1 trunk access - FTW!!!)

---------------------------------------

On a side note, I was able to download the entire package in less than one hour.

Torrent distro - it is the only way to get multi GB files fast and efficiently in my opinion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 PM.