Commander
# 11
02-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
I really feel that Cryptic wasted an opportunity with the Heavy Cruiser Retrofits. If I were trying to improve those ships to T5 standard, I would have focused on the things that set them apart from current offerings and improved its handling.

There is a very small (and possibly pointless, but you never know until you try) niche available for a high mobility cruiser built to take advantage of Aceton Beam and Warp Plasma; both of which benefit from higher rates of turn in their own ways. Sort of a Bomber/Interceptor Cruiser.

And yes, it does seem very small parked next to a Galaxy.
Warp Plasma maybe, but Aceton would still be useless under most circumstances.

Nevertheless, I agree with you in that there is a considerable niche for Cruisers that aren't designed for pure tanking. Engineering Consoles and high officer slots on a small but relatively manoeuvrable vessel would be desirable, even if such capabilities come at the cost of raw durability.
Career Officer
# 12
02-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
On the other hand they gave it the Venture skin, which is 10x more pretty than the basic Galaxy. I think there's one person on the team who likes the Galaxy and they burned all their cred to get that skin. >_>
The person in question was Adam "CapnLogan" Williams and he no longer works there.

http://holosuitemagazine.com/a-fond-...iams-moves-on/

here's a list of all the ships he made:

http://aw3d.weebly.com/the-ships-of-...ek-online.html

and you'll find the Venture skin among them
Career Officer
# 13
02-23-2013, 12:15 PM
I LOVE this ship! It's my favorite in the game. It's also really fun to use. It's the flagship of my fleet. Yes, it is tiny, which I like. It's fun to pull alongside an Odyssey or a Sovereign and see how small it is.
I only wish that they would up the inertia to 40. It's the only fleet ship that has the same inertia stats as the T 3 version. Since it's supposed to be the fleet version, I would have figured that they would up that statistic as well.
It's really perfect except for that one glaring error. In an unrelated matter, we have plenty of "white" skins for the ships. When are we going to get a "black" skin? Something like the Atrox class.