Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Republic Veteran
# 71
02-25-2013, 08:37 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and just say: People who make "Nerf" posts just because they do not like a mechanic in the game that is working as intended and not a coding issue really should be restricted from posting.
The reason I say this is:

1. I've seen games destroyed by said requests.
2. The people complaining haven't fully learned their spec, abilities and the art of changing things around to counter skills. As with this game: You haven't fully learned how to fly your ship correctly.
3. There is always a way to counter something...and if you do not have it on your ship (that said ability) it doesn't mean it is OP. It is annoying to you because it prevents you from killing your opponent which: is their defensive strategy.

The best way to defeat your enemy is to get to know their strengths and weaknesses. Once you know it, plan, adjust and execute.....Don't come to the forums requesting Nerfs because a said skill is annoying to you or you haven't sorted out how to counter it.
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Got to love the format:
Nerf this because I got killed by it!
Commander
# 73
02-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
While you are correct that Siphons received a cap on what their bottom-line is (like 4-5 months back) you seem to have little idea about how they are working. Their bottom-line is ridiculously low. So instead of just having your engines shut down by a Tractor Beam from Danubes also try having your weapons, shields and auxiliary shut down from the same source. Danubes are laughable by comparison to Siphon Drones.
My first kdf ship as VA it was the vo'quv and I used the siphon drone+tachyon drone combination both in PVE/PVP.I played that ~6 month then the nerfing started (siphon was nerfed,c-store tachyon drones were nerfed) and I saw the results.
The nerf-ing +whining on all PVP maps made my to change ships.Now I am flying a mirror raptor.
Siphon drones have a cap so again I think it would be only fair that danube have a similar cap.More this danubes as they are now ,are not obeying Newton's third law.
I know it is a game but it should be realistic as possible as it can be .
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
I refuse to be content :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
Commander
# 74
02-26-2013, 12:39 AM
@magnumoftheblack,@wirtdd
Have you read my first post ? "If things won't change no problem I will adapt"
Before starting this thread I did one experience and altered my raptor configuration and concentrate on a vesta running danubes.We had in that day 2 matches.I countered that ship in both so it couldn't do anything to my kdf team.I couldnt do either anything to other's team ship's except shadowing that vesta.Yes I died a lot,it doesn't matter as long kdf team won in both .
Anyway short version : we wrecked each other PVP experience so hard in that day that in the third match vesta just warped out a couple of seconds after it started.
It is not what I like or want in PVP to happen.
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
I refuse to be content :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
Captain
# 75
02-26-2013, 01:14 AM
Looks like you were fighting a bad sport instead.

I use an Armitage, and I rotate between SRUs and UR scorpions because I'm waiting for my fleet to get the T5 Science project for elite fleet hangars online. I will be using Elite Danubes as much as I was using tricobalts to blast through Cubes. But for my playstyle I may be better off with just SRUs.

[Acc]x3 is a vague counter to the high speed defense ratings seen in pvp, but I can't afford that. I can however use every tool in my arsenal to slow my opponent down so I can have a decent shot at them. I already have Targeting maxed, have Accurate trait, use EWP1 with Aux2batt+doffs to make the EWP recycle more often, and even packing engine batts as standard.

But all that still can't reliably catch a Bug, and I doubt Elite Danubes would be the straw that snags the proverbial camel.

There's too much cheese in the game already, choosing to not cheese would pretty much be gimping yourself at this point. Just use cheese responsibly, and work in teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
# 76
02-26-2013, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirtdd View Post
Got to love the format:
Nerf this because I got killed by it!
That's the typical format.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 77
02-26-2013, 03:53 AM
a disposable, spam able pet has no right putting you in such a vulnerable state. such a thing is as powerful as having another player ship fighting with you. no pet should so cripple your status, they should deal their pitiful damage and be a visual nuisance only, not be so powerful that they can replace the function of playable ships. stop leaning on your crutch already with your holier then though defense of the indefensible.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 78
02-26-2013, 04:55 AM
Given that a single aux2bat FAW cruiser can render pets useless I somewhat feel that this is just some pug whining at being bad.
Starfleet Veteran
# 79
02-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dova25 View Post
My first kdf ship as VA it was the vo'quv and I used the siphon drone+tachyon drone combination both in PVE/PVP.I played that ~6 month then the nerfing started (siphon was nerfed,c-store tachyon drones were nerfed) and I saw the results.
I imagine that you did notice the results when Siphon Drones were no longer single handedly taking a targets shields offline. I noticed it immediately too. So you think Siphons should be able to still strip shields off of a target why?

Last edited by rooster75; 02-26-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Captain
# 80
02-26-2013, 05:19 AM
Aren't danubes unable to chain-tractor the same target any more, and have a 2min cd on each tractor beam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.