# 11
02-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
It could also be KHG shield
On cmdr level?
Captain
# 12
02-21-2013, 06:33 AM
What you describe sounds like it could be due to one of the placates, if it was on the order of seconds or so. Jam sensors, maybe?
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Captain
# 13
02-21-2013, 06:41 AM
If you're 10 seconds away from a PvP pop you might not want to activate abilities that will still be on cooldown once you zone in. So the fact that they're holding back might lead to that critical moment, especially if the timer jumps around or adds 10 seconds a few times. Or they could be loggers. I try to say pop in zone if I'm about to leave a decent fight. The good part is that it's Kerrat so who cares if they log, and the good part is it's Kerrat not here so you can name and shame in zone when you see them again.
Career Officer
# 14
02-21-2013, 06:52 AM
Thx for the ideas guys, I was just curious. It's not jam sensors for sure, it's not the KHG placate or the Rep placate. The holding back on the PvP Q call sounds plausible. yes it's Kerrat so it's not really that much of an issue, was mostly interested if there was a new ability I had somehow missed.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-21-2013, 08:31 AM
It could be that tier 5 reputation omega thing that cloaks you for 5 seconds? Sometimes if you're out of combat long enough or depending upon what Klingon ship it is, you use that omega reputation ability, then you use a battle cloak if you have it or regular cloak if you happen to be out of combat. Or I guess it could be pvp queues popping, or lag or some other ability.
Career Officer
# 16
02-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post

Not seen any Fed players do it yet so hence wondering if it's a new KDF ability.
I have seen a few feds log too lol.

2 days ago some fed sci cruiser kept doing it, but I did not mind
Captain
# 17
02-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
I have seen a few feds log too lol.

2 days ago some fed sci cruiser kept doing it, but I did not mind
Was going to say, since I'm almost exclusively in Ker'rat with my KDF toons - this is something that I see Feds do frequently. I've even asked in zone here and there if Tal was back.

You can hit 125 Eng, EM, DOFF'd TT the APO3, EPtE, AtD... and they're likely doing that with Cell - then poof - disappear. Moments later, they're coming at you from another angle but generally the same direction (same half of the map)...

T5 Rom, MEF, logout?

I never really understood it - it's not like dying in STO matters in the least.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Commander
# 18
02-21-2013, 10:02 AM
What they are doing has been around for a long time in PVP areas, there are even several youtube videos of players doing it. As soon as they are about to die they log off the game and then log right back in. And it puts them back at the spawn point. Sorry but it is an exploit that has been around for a long time.
Empire Veteran
# 19
02-21-2013, 12:03 PM
I've noticed a couple of fed players who are actually doing this... I know because every time they "log" I make my way closer to their spawn and when they zone back in a couple seconds later I gank the poop out of them.

Only cowards log out during combat, and loggers deserve to be spawn ganked. Dont fear death (you respawn in 15 secs lol)
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Commander
# 20
02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
I can't imagine it's hard to do a UI check to prevent logging out in combat.

"Nerp nee nerp, I'm dying, gonna go press the logout button. Oh no! The logout button checks my character's red alert status now! Derp I'm dead. This game sucks."

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403