Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,452
# 131
02-22-2013, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Lets all be honest though... the Raptor blows... the Naus ships blow...
Can't say I agree with that .
The Guramba was great (until the nerf) -- and is still a good PVE ship , and a nice enough spport ship in PVP .
Nothing wrong with the Raptor -- in fact I think it's the ship that got the most BOFF variants on the KDF side (mirror + fleet) .


Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Fixed it for you:

Hegh'ta (Tactical Version BOP refit)
Battle Cloak
Type:Raider
Hull:28,000
Shield 0.9
Crew 100
Turn Rate:22
Impulse Modifier:0.20
Inertia rating:60
Bonus Power:+15 weapons power
Boffs.
Commander / Lt. Commander / Lt / Lt / Ensign
Consoles
5 Tactical
2 Sci
3 Engi
Fore Weapons 4 Hard points
Rear Weapons 3 Hard points
Adapted Dominion Synergy Device
I could see this ... , with perhaps a slightly lowered Turn Rate (20-21) .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 132
02-22-2013, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Well, from my perspective Cryptic does not try to create equal factions. There simply is not enough players. If 80% players are Starfleet fanboys (guilty as charged hehe), then 80% of devs attention goes to that side. It's kind of logical from bussiness point.

So I guess we will end up with Federation as being main faction, with several smaller factions for other fanboy.

But ye, I would prefer to see much more BoPs on Klingon Side, so I support this idea.
This why I push for a complete KDF rather than a equal one. We can be a complete 1 to endgame faction without being equal in cpntent to the feds. Though in fairness the content to fill the lower levels of the KDF needs to be just KDF only content.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
# 133 Angry on cryptic
02-22-2013, 08:02 AM
I see that in the latest time cryptic do everything to pile the klingon faction , giving to the feds even more powerfull and new ships while they expect that we keep on fighting in our old BOPs or in our even older raptors .. ha ... i will not wonder if they soon will give to the feds a free bug ship equivalent just to make us gone ( i wonder if the cryptic want that KDF faction to be soon dead or mostly disolve) ... so .... NO ... cryptic will NOT give us any kind of new ships (BOP or raptors) , they will consider that the rising some numbers in the present ships its enough for us .. and hell if you dont like it ..go to the feds (cryptic philosophy)
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
# 134
02-22-2013, 08:29 AM
I still dont think the Klingon faction needs a more resilient Bird-of-Prey looking like an escort. For that purpose just fix the Raptors.

The hull/shield of the raiders should stay as it is. But if escorts have even access to the cloaking device there is absolutely no counterpart in the Birds of Prey. They need a boost somehow.

So I suggest we surrender to the feds. War is over.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,452
# 135
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Honestly I didn't suggest a 5th console... because I am not looking for an uber striking alpha bop. Yes a 5th console on a bop... I'll admit it it would be op.
Plz don't take this as a personal attack , but how long will you keep up that song & dance ?
The Fed's are getting (slowly) more and more 5 console ships (at least one of which happens to have the option for a cloaking device) .
In simple terms this means Alpha Strike w/5 Tac consoles .
If it's good enough for them ... .

Quote:
As it is now we can pull off one shots with the Norg and 3 slots... we don't need 5 to juice our overload hy combos out of cloak.
Ok , 2 things I need to admit here : I hate the Norg's look (I wanna play in a BOP , but that ain't it ) , and I STF more that PVP , thus I'd like a BOP w/a little more "staying power" .
(I STF-ed a lot in a BOP prior to S.5 -- I loved to PVP with that ship as well)


Quote:
What we NEED is a bop that can in fact not be a liability in a premade setup. A bop that with some minor battle cruiser support can hang long enough to not have to run 30k away all the time... and sentence the team to being down one all the time...
Totally agreed !
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 136
02-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypi277878 View Post
I see that in the latest time cryptic do everything to pile the klingon faction , giving to the feds even more powerfull and new ships while they expect that we keep on fighting in our old BOPs or in our even older raptors .. ha ... i will not wonder if they soon will give to the feds a free bug ship equivalent just to make us gone ( i wonder if the cryptic want that KDF faction to be soon dead or mostly disolve) ... so .... NO ... cryptic will NOT give us any kind of new ships (BOP or raptors) , they will consider that the rising some numbers in the present ships its enough for us .. and hell if you dont like it ..go to the feds (cryptic philosophy)
The KDF may be getting more ships in he future according to the P1 Al Riveria interview. Al blatantly states the KDF neefs some ships and even talks about some ideas. So it MAY happen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhucemas View Post
I still dont think the Klingon faction needs a more resilient Bird-of-Prey looking like an escort. For that purpose just fix the Raptors.

The hull/shield of the raiders should stay as it is. But if escorts have even access to the cloaking device there is absolutely no counterpart in the Birds of Prey. They need a boost somehow.

So I suggest we surrender to the feds. War is over.
<back hand> Surrender!? Turn in your ridges, warrior!
The KDF doesnt surrender because the feds got a SmurfCort.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,198
# 137
02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Lol...the first defections are starting...
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 292
# 138
02-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The KDF may be getting more ships in he future according to the P1 Al Riveria interview. Al blatantly states the KDF neefs some ships and even talks about some ideas. So it MAY happen....
That May thing it is not enough, sorry

And again it May be a joke of a ship with power but something you can't use it.

On the other hand Kumari is a good ship in the hands of a good pilot.Was blown a couple of times by some panda's .It seems panda's consider kumari tactical variant a very potent ship.And yes it is in field

So federation has 2 ships with 5 tactical consoles : fleet defiant and kumari tactical
version .which has 5 DHC too

What they could give kdf to balance the game ?Will they do that ?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,543
# 139
02-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dova25 View Post
That May thing it is not enough, sorry

And again it May be a joke of a ship with power but something you can't use it.

On the other hand Kumari is a good ship in the hands of a good pilot.Was blown a couple of times by some panda's .It seems panda's consider kumari tactical variant a very potent ship.And yes it is in field

So federation has 2 ships with 5 tactical consoles : fleet defiant and kumari tactical
version .which has 5 DHC too

What they could give kdf to balance the game ?Will they do that ?
Um...don't hold your breath. Don't you think it a tiny bit of an interesting coincidence that the Feds get this ship right on the same patch that adds FM to the PvP missions?

(puts the tinfoil hat aside)

that was probably very uncharitable of me, but I've got to go with the history on this one-there is a defined slant to the releases over the last year or so, that slant being that KDF neglect has become the default setting, thus reinforcing the cycle of less content=fewer players=less content.

Also, I suspect the Dev team considers KDF to be overpowered-as in still overpowered, as in the fedside needing buffs to keep up. HOw else to explain the utter lack of support we get? (admittedly, seeing the Fl. Norgh getting a boost was nice, but...that list of ships that got their stats boosted was mostly Federation, and the boost was more in kind with putting it out of 'poorly shielded shuttle' territory...)

I was unimpressed with the Kamarag, and I was underwhelmed and a little bit disgusted by the Bort, and while the lockbox ship was good, it wasn't good-enough to justify the price.

The Development group apparently feels that the Federation's players have a hard time keeping up with the KDF's players, to the point that they NEED 5 tac consoles with 5 forward weapons to be merely competitive...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Last edited by patrickngo; 02-22-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
# 140
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I agree with everybody else that KDF doesnt get half the support/attention the federation side gets. And I think saying half is probably too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
<back hand> Surrender!? Turn in your ridges, warrior!
The KDF doesnt surrender because the feds got a SmurfCort.
Calling it SmurfCort is a bit offensive. You are showing disrespect to the smurfs and you shall retract your words or behold the wrath of Papa Smurf.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 PM.