Captain
# 201
02-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhucemas View Post
If we are going to stick to the series and films, then I want a prototype bird of prey like the one in "The Undiscovered Country".

It could be a console that allows birds of prey to fire while cloaked.
Good morning Snow White, how long have you been sleeping ?
Lieutenant
# 202
02-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Good morning Snow White, how long have you been sleeping ?
A long time. Hope the dwarves didnt take advantage of it.

Anyways, we already have a skil that does something similar: "Quantum Singularity Manipulation". Its not so crazy as it sounds.

Last edited by alhucemas; 02-25-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Career Officer
# 203
02-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
A long time. Hope the dwarves didnt took advantage of it.

Anyways, we already have a skil that does something similar: "Quantum Singularity Manipulation". Its not so crazy as it sounds.

He was trying to tell you that the ship already exists in game.

Lt. Commander
# 204
02-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Great idea for a new klink bop

And strongly needed imho!

Id buy the pack.... in a heart beat

With a little change...

The hetagh model looks amazing IMHO, and looks like it has hardpoints for more weapons, look at the model again it gots pointy bits for more guns!

So with the new fancah Andorian ships, give the bop a 5/2 weapons loadout? Man I'd be happy with 5/1 and the console layout from the OP's tac bop. 4/3/3

www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
Lieutenant
# 205
02-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
He was trying to tell you that the ship already exists in game.
I didnt know B'rel Fleet Retrofit could fire all its weapons while cloaked. Thought it was only for mines or torpedoes.

Those are good news then.

Last edited by alhucemas; 02-25-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 206
02-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
I didnt know B'rel Fleet Retrofit could fire all its weapons while cloaked. Thought it was only for mines or torpedoes.

Those are good news then.
No, it's only mines and torpedoes...just like in the movie.

Captain
# 207
02-25-2013, 10:34 AM
I love my Brel ... but ya firing everything from cloak would be just a bit op... OR it would reveal you like now and it would be a really really bad idea as you would just stay reveled the entire time your firing and you would pop in seconds.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Lieutenant
# 208
02-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
No, it's only mines and torpedoes...just like in the movie.
Curiously I watched this film again recently, and I dont remember anyone saying it could only fire mines and torpedoes. I recall it was firing torpedos, yes, but I thought it did it because it was its weaponry, not because it could only fire mines and torps. I might be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri
I love my Brel ... but ya firing everything from cloak would be just a bit op... OR it would reveal you like now and it would be a really really bad idea as you would just stay reveled the entire time your firing and you would pop in seconds.
I agree. I was just making the point the game doesnt have to (nor should) be exactly like the movies.
Career Officer
# 209
02-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Curiously I watched this film again recently, and I dont remember anyone saying it could only fire mines and torpedoes. I recall it was firing torpedos, yes, but I thought it did it because it was its weaponry, not because it could only fire mines and torps. I might be wrong though.
From memory alpha:
Chang's Bird-of-Prey was a prototype Klingon Bird-of-Prey commanded by General Chang in his efforts to discourage the potential peace talks between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. The vessel was equipped with a cloaking device that somehow allowed the vessel to fire its torpedoes while cloaked, an ability once considered impossible on other vessels, due to power constraints.

By the way, considering that the assassination was a three way conspiracy involving subversive Klingons, Starfleet Officers (connected to Section 31, in soft cannon I think) and Romulan Operatives, it's entirely possible that this cloaking technology actually came from the Romulans.

Just like all cloaking tech, including what was on the defiant.

So in May, maybe everyone should be prepared to be out-cloaked.

Lieutenant
# 210
02-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
From memory alpha:
[indent]Chang's Bird-of-Prey was a prototype Klingon Bird-of-Prey commanded by General Chang in his efforts to discourage the potential peace talks between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. The vessel was equipped with a cloaking device that somehow allowed the vessel to fire its torpedoes while cloaked, an ability once considered impossible on other vessels, due to power constraints.
Well, I am not saying you are not right, but I dont see there anything about the bird of prey only being able to shoot torps and mines while cloaked.

It just says it could fire while cloaked and that its weapons were torpedoes. And thats the way I remember it.