Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 21
02-21-2013, 10:06 PM
I have one and most of my BOs, but I've been lax lately and need to add bios to my newest additions.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
02-21-2013, 11:00 PM
all my characters and nearly all my boffs got. have not given my kdf boffs yet. they are going to be changed to alien either way. so until i got that done they have to wait.
Career Officer
# 23
02-21-2013, 11:36 PM
I have a bio for my former and current main captains, in time this will expand to all my toons.

My BOffs backstories develop through the LC's, as I feel a bio for them is a bit OTT.
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Career Officer
# 24
02-22-2013, 12:05 AM
All my captains have full bios, and all my BOffs have at least a paragraph.

I'm a writer, and I use RPGs as a tool for developing characters for my stories.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-22-2013, 12:24 AM
I will if I take a notion to but not as of late due to the fact half the time they wont load when I try to read other peoples.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-22-2013, 12:28 AM
Always and more... Click Here I dare you!
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Captain
# 27
02-22-2013, 12:29 AM
All my characters have a story, and most have written bios. I don't usually with the BOffs, but if I roll certain ones into characters, they get one. No, I don't RP. Not going to either.

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.
Empire Veteran
# 28
02-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Of my six captains, five have full bios for themselves and their crew, the last captain has a bio, but his crew is without complete bios, only short notes.
The user formerly known as Khern!
I hate the fact Perfect World force-joined STO and PW accounts...
Captain
# 29
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
I always write a bio for my characters (aka toons). I'm also trying to write bios for the bridge officers I actually care about.

In fact, one of my toons has another one of my toons as a bridge officer - so I just copy/paste the bio there, and I'm done.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 30
02-22-2013, 04:43 PM
I have for my main and only character and some of the BOFF. Though I plan to write something about every single BOFF as well. Sometimes I do click on other people to see if they have a bio written but very few do. The game is far more interesting when your character has a back story - doesn't have to be a legendary one, he/she could be just an average person who happened to be a Captain. Mine is a male Betazoid born & raised on Earth whose parents left their homeworld to pursue careers on Broadway in NYC. In many ways, he is very human because Earth is where he grew up except his unique biology.

Funny enough, having a pure race character in game (as opposed to so many composite "Alien" out there) seemed to gain a tremendous amount of support from the character's homeworld. Not sure about others but whenever some assignments have to do with Betazed or Betazoid Government, the rewards most often end up being Purple / Very Rare items like DOFF and/or BOFF. Take example of the Cultural Exchange assignments, never got anything except white / common doff from all other planets like Vulcan, Trill, Bolian and etc. Did it once with Betazed, and even with merely a "Success", not even "Critical Success", was awarded a Purple / Very Rare Biochemist DOFF. The first BOFF who applied to join my crew through assignments was also on the "request" of the Betazoid Government, suffice to say, this guy is now my chief Science officer and has been ever since. That was the only time however, they rarely contact me. Subsequently, I got numerous requests from all kinds of Fed Governments, like the truck load of Human applicants - never got anyone interesting, pretty much stop accepting their requests as a waste of my time / assignment slot.