Captain
# 1 New Mechanic for Beams
02-21-2013, 04:19 PM
I have to say, I never liked the way we have beams firing, aside from the beam banks of course.

I have never seen anything in trek aside from maybe one or two instances where there were multiple exit points for the beams that were fired.

what if we were able to equip the beams and have them all fire under one form just one beam and it would have the combined power but modified proc for combat.

the sight of beam spam is just an odd thing even after all these years.

or instead of a new setup to it, why not give us an option to have it as a visual, so we can fire all beams, but it only displays one.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-21-2013, 05:57 PM
I suppose they could make it so there's only one beam, fore and aft, that is visible when firing. In this way adding more beam arrays of the same type into fore and aft slots would make them act more like weapon damage console enhancements instead.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Lieutenant
# 3
02-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Did you never watch Next Generation or Voyager? The phasers didn't come out of a single place, they had these things along the front of the saucer section on each ship that was called a "phaser strip". I think the phaser strips should be implemented in more detail on each ship so that the phaser beam could move along as the ship turns and still hit your target.
Captain
# 4
02-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I suppose they could make it so there's only one beam, fore and aft, that is visible when firing. In this way adding more beam arrays of the same type into fore and aft slots would make them act more like weapon damage console enhancements instead.
I agree. I think this is how beams should have worked from the beginning.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Captain
# 5
02-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
Did you never watch Next Generation or Voyager? The phasers didn't come out of a single place, they had these things along the front of the saucer section on each ship that was called a "phaser strip". I think the phaser strips should be implemented in more detail on each ship so that the phaser beam could move along as the ship turns and still hit your target.
I've watched every series, not one showed multiple beams, at least not on the same array or emitter, even in the instance where the enterprise encountered the borg for the first time, they rapidly changed their phaser beam in one beam not multiple beams although it would be faster.
Republic Veteran
# 6
02-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
I've watched every series, not one showed multiple beams, at least not on the same array or emitter, even in the instance where the enterprise encountered the borg for the first time, they rapidly changed their phaser beam in one beam not multiple beams although it would be faster.
You might want to re watch DS9, where a Galaxy class fired two beams from the same emitter at the same time on a Galor.
Captain
# 7
02-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
You might want to re watch DS9, where a Galaxy class fired two beams from the same emitter at the same time on a Galor.
what episode? I can guess its most likely Sacrifice of Angels, Tears of the Profits or What you leave behind, cant much think of another....though Tears of the profits might not be viable since it was mostly against cardassian satelitesl.