Lt. Commander
# 1 Mouse accelleration
01-12-2010, 01:13 AM
I could not find the mouse acceleration in the configuration. Not sure if it's in the controls when you're in-game though.

I really need the accelleration, because I use the Logitech Cordless Trackman. This trackball is only 300dpi (as are all trackballs), but all games that have accelleration make it a lot faster.

I hope STO has the acceleration hidden somewhere...

PS... don't flame me on using a trackball. I use it because I have suffered from beginning RSI in the past. And after almost 15 years of using a trackball, I can't even play games anymore with a regular mouse. My old guild-mates from several other games were impressed by the PvP/PvE things I could do with the trackball - it just takes practice
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 01:18 AM
I believe it is in your windows settings. There is not one in the STO client that i have found... and i have found much.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
I believe it is in your windows settings. There is not one in the STO client that i have found... and i have found much.
It is in my Windows settings indeed, but that doesn't give me enough speed in the game (playing at 1600x1200 hopefully). With ingame mouse acceleration I'll be able to respond a lot faster.

Oh well... Guess I'll have wait and see...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 01:47 AM
NOt sure what to tell you, i have a X7 gaming mouse, so the moust acceleration comes in the form of a 6 setting button directly on my moust... maybe they have 3rd party software you can download? Have you asked google?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
NOt sure what to tell you, i have a X7 gaming mouse, so the moust acceleration comes in the form of a 6 setting button directly on my moust... maybe they have 3rd party software you can download? Have you asked google?
No offence, but the X7's start at 1000dpi. that's over 3 times the speed I have...

I'll give STO a try with the Windows acceleration (it's not set to the max yet). If STO responds too slow, I'll ask google for sure
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reizla
No offence, but the X7's start at 1000dpi. that's over 3 times the speed I have...
None taken, actually... thank you. I didn't know it was that high. Never bothered to check i guess. But like i said, see if there's a 3rd party app you can use...?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 02:18 AM
2 ways, one is Mouseware, a logitech app but effective on any peripheral pointer device...believe it takes accel threshold to the max value (pic)

Cnet DL link

2nd, manually pushing reg to it's max value

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc978665.aspx

much luck human LL&P