Lt. Commander
I am getting the message 'Invalid username or password' when trying to log on to STO through the Beta Client. I already activated the beta key as supplied by D2D and got an activation successfull message. I am trying to log on using the same details as I use for the STO web site. What am I doing wrong? I have already tried requesting a new password from the site in case I was entering it wrong but using a new password has not helped. Please help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 01:40 AM
There is plenty of information available regarding this subject and it's advised people start reading the forums and specifically, the release date.

Today, 12th January, at 10am PST (Pacific Standard Time), the game will be entering the phase of open beta. Until that time, those with the game and current client, can patch only, but not enter the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 01:49 AM
No, I think this is a little different. Forums say we are supposed to be seeing Not Allowed to Login, not Invalid Username / Password.

I'm getting the same error. I registered my key today and am hoping that this will kick off some sort of automatic process to get me added. Because I'm just that optimistic.

I wouldn't be commenting if not for the fact that I witnessed one of my friends who tried to log on, and he had not entered a beta key. He received the Not Allowed Access to Launcher error.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 01:53 AM
maybe its due to the upcoming accountserver maintainance
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL0k View Post
maybe its due to the upcoming accountserver maintainance
I would also advise ppls to just relax until the maintenace is done in a few hours. Then pull up your settings/dashboard on webpage and verify that your Pre-order/Beta access is listed. If thats done, then launch the client and try your credentials again.

If at that point it fails, you'll need to submit a ticket and deal with support. In case your wondering, ticket system isnt online until later this morning.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 04:33 AM
I am having the same problem yet my housemate just ran his fine and is getting the patch.. why can't I log in with my UN/PW its the same as what I am using here
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 04:43 AM
and the key is activated n you can see the "pre-order" activation in your account on the mainsite?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothicat
I am having the same problem yet my housemate just ran his fine and is getting the patch.. why can't I log in with my UN/PW its the same as what I am using here
Try a few more times... no joke. Actually quite a few people have resolved their username/password issues by restarting and trying their launcher a couple times. I know... werid.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 04:50 AM
maybe the server cant handle all the clients at once yet
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 04:52 AM
There were doing work on the login server this morning in prep for the OB starting later today. So people were not able to log the launcher in.