Career Officer
I'm quite fond of the Omega Set.

But I am disappointed that it doesn't seem to get much love from the Devs.

In this case, we have two different versions of the MACO and KHG sets, but have only one set of the Omega.

Personally, I would quite like an Adapted Omega set, one that came with an Omega Sniper Rifle.
Range is the drawback with the Omega weapon.

Only, please, don't give it the stats of the MACO standard gear, that shield buff irks me no end, because it's caused me endless problems in gameplay.
Give the Adapted Omega set the KDG/Adapted MACO stats instead please.
Captain
# 2
02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Adapted Maco/KHG were created to give each faction the abilities the other faction's unique set had. Since Omega is available to both sides, an "Adapted Omega" would be absolutely pointless since it would be identical to the regular Omega set.
Commander
# 3
02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Adapted Maco/KHG were created to give each faction the abilities the other faction's unique set had. Since Omega is available to both sides, an "Adapted Omega" would be absolutely pointless since it would be identical to the regular Omega set.
Entirely correct; the Adapted MACO set is just the Honour Guard Set for Federation players, and vice versa.

What I'd like to see is some improvements to the Mk XII Adapted Borg set, since some items (the engines in particular) aren't actually any better in spite of the high price.
Captain
# 4
02-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haravikk View Post
Entirely correct; the Adapted MACO set is just the Honour Guard Set for Federation players, and vice versa.

What I'd like to see is some improvements to the Mk XII Adapted Borg set, since some items (the engines in particular) aren't actually any better in spite of the high price.
They actually are better.

Just not by a lot.
Career Officer
# 5
02-21-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm not so much concerned about the set abilities as I am the weapon it involves.

The way I see it, the Adapted Set is designed to counteract the difference in weapons.

The KHG gun is bad for sniping, so the adapted version gives them a sniper rifle.
The MACO set is ranged, so the adapted version has a pulsewave.

And likewise, that's the problem here with the Omega set.
I haven't used it much, but I've heard the Omega weapon isn't that great against the Borg.
The rapid fire rate causes them to adapt too fast and it doesn't have the range of a Sniper Rifle.

Hence why I'd prefer a Unique Omega Sniper Rifle.
And it would be logical that one exists, since the Omega set is based around stealth and espionage.
And what good assassin set would be complete without a sniper weapon?

And somehow, a regular Antiproton Sniper rifle isn't just the same to me.
Plus, I doubt it'd come with the abilities of the MACO sniper rifle.

And since I'm a sniper at heart, but don't like the Omega weapon, it means I'm only using the shield and armor.

Last edited by tilarta; 02-21-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
02-22-2013, 01:08 AM
You're absolutely correct about the Omega Autocarbine Rifle being terrible against the Borg. It's probably one of the worst designed weapons in the entire game because of its complete failure to perform its primary function. It fires so fast that it triggers Borg adaptation pretty quickly.

My main character is a KDF, and I have the Omega Force ground set, but my primary weapon is the KHG Pulsewave. I keep the Omega autocarbine as a secondary so I get all the Omega set bonuses, but the autocarbine is worthless against the Borg. Not to mention that it looks silly. Unholster it and you'll see what I mean: it's shorter than it should be; your character tries to hold the autocarbine with both hands, but your extended hand goes past the autocarbine's length. It looks pretty stupid and says a lot about Cryptic's design team being so incompetent and lazy they wouldn't even care enough to fix something obvious like that.

Changing it to more of a Sniper Rifle would be pretty interesting and at least useful. It sucks that Cryptic will probably never fix the autocarbine.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Only ground STF that I even bother with the sniper rifle with is IGE since you need the range to clear rooms before triggering the timers of officer assimilation. In CGE and KAGE a pulsewave with any combination of secondary weapon is more than good enough.
Commander
# 8
02-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Maybe a blast assault thing?

If you don't have a dedicated MACO/Omega set a blast assault weapons is awesome for STFs. It doesn't do the raw DPS, but it does do high damage in slow bursts. Great for working around adaptation. Aimed your typical blast assault can do 100-150 (or more) per hit at range, the range isn't great but outside cure everything is close quarters anyway.
Career Officer
# 9
02-22-2013, 02:43 AM
I'm not a fan of pulsewaves.

If I'm close enough to pulsewave an enemy, I'm just going to pull my sword out instead!
Adapt to that!

Plus, all I really have to do is kick the borg to interrupt them.
If I get a good sweep kick lined up, I'll hit two of them at once.

Also, I'm disappointed that pulsewaves have become the "go to weapon" in STFs and general gameplay.
I just don't approve of the "all players must have pulsewaves" mentality.

Being a Sniper style player, if you're close enough to the enemy to pulsewave them, you're too close!

And I'm not a fan of blast assault weapons either.
Commander
# 10
02-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Well, Pistols are out for the same reason the assault rifle is. (Although the compression pistol is kind of neat.) My favorite ,the high-density beam rifle, is taken by the romulan themed stuff. My second favorite ,the miniguns, has the same faults, and just got hyped for a Jem'Hdar thing.

The only weapon that leaves that's not already part of a set or theme is the blast assault. I typically don't use the blast assault either (except on rare cases to swap weapons, fire off a blast, and switch back). Still, for beating the Borg and their adaptation there are few if any better weapons. If for no other cause then delaying adaptation.

Last edited by resoundingenvoy; 02-22-2013 at 04:30 AM.