Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 12
# 1 Andorian Phasers
02-21-2013, 01:10 PM
I like the look of these weapons, but am a little disappointed they are only available as Mk XI. It would seem there isn't a point to using them, aside from looks and to keep everything matching, if you already have fleet weapons. I'd like to see them changed to Mark XII, or a Mark XII set added somewhere.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 15
# 2
02-21-2013, 01:33 PM
They seem to have an overall higher base DPS block and I suppose ACC2 isn't terrible. I'd say a reg mk XII phaser vs the MK XI andorian, andorian would be the choice. Fleet ones tho, I'd still use over the andorian ones.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 12
# 3
02-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Well, I suppose the main thing, is that the vesta comes with Mk XII cannons...so at the least, Mk XII should be available for the andorian ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 115
# 4
02-21-2013, 02:21 PM
I agree why is a ship designed for vice admiral equipped and limited to mk 11 weapons, a ship designed for doing dps is stuck using mk 11 weapons ???? That just makes no sense, and like you said the vesta SCIENCE ship is equipped with Mk 12 cannons

what attributes do the cannons have?? please done tell me they are DMG x4 and have no other modifier like the quad cannons cause that would just suck.

are they cannons, dual cannons, or dual heavy cannons??
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 325
# 5
02-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramyll View Post
I agree why is a ship designed for vice admiral equipped and limited to mk 11 weapons, a ship designed for doing dps is stuck using mk 11 weapons ???? That just makes no sense, and like you said the vesta SCIENCE ship is equipped with Mk 12 cannons

what attributes do the cannons have?? please done tell me they are DMG x4 and have no other modifier like the quad cannons cause that would just suck.

are they cannons, dual cannons, or dual heavy cannons??
You can get them in any type. Beam, cannon, turret, etc. Also all of them have ACCx2 DMG modifiers, thats my favorie type
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 185
# 6
02-21-2013, 04:11 PM
The Andorian Phasers that come with the ship are very nice and the Andorian Phasers in the Dill store are a bit under par, I bought just one MK XI heavy from the Dill store and then got a MK XII Advanced Fleet cannon as well and can't forget the mighty quads.

Works well apart from the phasers that are on the wings light up blue and the others are the normal orange but it has devastating DPS, need to keep a close eye on the power levels too.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 84
# 7
02-21-2013, 06:54 PM
SIGH - Disclaimer - I'm an idiot and a dork

I bought a full set because I couldn't stand having blue and orange pew pews, despite my Detroit Tiger pride.

The weapons are visually BAMF, damage wise MEH. For PVE probably not going to be much of a difference, and w/ the added 10% passive acc bonus from the 2 piece set and the relatively low price (compared to spirals) i'd say it is a pretty OP item for players new to level 50 or those that don't like doing PVP.
|William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,643
# 8
02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramyll View Post
I agree why is a ship designed for vice admiral equipped and limited to mk 11 weapons, a ship designed for doing dps is stuck using mk 11 weapons ???? That just makes no sense, and like you said the vesta SCIENCE ship is equipped with Mk 12 cannons

what attributes do the cannons have?? please done tell me they are DMG x4 and have no other modifier like the quad cannons cause that would just suck.

are they cannons, dual cannons, or dual heavy cannons??
The Kumari Wing Cannons are [Dmg]x4 unleveled... and do about as much or more base DPS than Advanced Fleet DHCs. Andorian Phasers (different!) are simply blue phasers with [Dmg] and [Acc]x2 modifiers, available for the normal 22k-and-change dilithium for VR Mk XI space weapons.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
# 9
02-22-2013, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
The Kumari Wing Cannons are [Dmg]x4 unleveled... and do about as much or more base DPS than Advanced Fleet DHCs. Andorian Phasers (different!) are simply blue phasers with [Dmg] and [Acc]x2 modifiers, available for the normal 22k-and-change dilithium for VR Mk XI space weapons.
Additionally to the [Dmg] and [ACC]x2 my Andorian Phasers also show +20 Critical Severity in the Tooltip, so is there a hidden [CritD] modifier?

Photonen im Wind a foundry mission by timeras13
Photonen im Eis a foundry mission by timeras13
Photonen im Schatten a foundry mission by timeras13
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 10
02-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeras View Post
Additionally to the [Dmg] and [ACC]x2 my Andorian Phasers also show +20 Critical Severity in the Tooltip, so is there a hidden [CritD] modifier?
Yeah, I was going to ask, is there any real difference between the Andorian Phasers and regular Phasers? Because if there wasn't I was planning on sticking to my mk XII phasers I already have.

But if they get a passive critical severity bonus... well then that changes things...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.