Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Maintenance (February 22, 2013)
02-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tonight at Midnight PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
02-21-2013, 04:16 PM
that was fast...

now only the brutal Cooldowns and [edit/redacted] is a concern

Last edited by zerobang; 02-21-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
02-21-2013, 04:34 PM
You guys should seriously invest in a checklist system if you don't have one. At my job, every processing department that touches a work request on it way through the pipeline completes a checklist. I used to hate them, but now I am in higher role so I don't have to deal with that crap anymore.

The analyst would complete the checklist as they completed their work and have another analyst review and verify the checklist. We had a custom in house web page to do it, but it could be as simple as a spreadsheet. We actually use an old version of Bugzilla (heavily modified and most stuff including another custom web frontend for tracking priorities just hit the bugzilla DB directly now) to track the work and the checklist system would then organize the checklists by bug number in it's own database. You would type in the bug and select the checklist type. You could do the same with Jira which is what we actually use for development tracking.

We have different types of checklists for different types of situations. The two items in the patch notes should be line items on the "New Ship Checklist" for the Systems team.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 02-21-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Captain
# 4
02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Atleast the bugs are getting fixed fairly quickly. Now if the shared cooldown between console abilities and boff cannon powers could be removed these andorian ships would be well worth the $50.
Career Officer
# 5
02-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Kudos for fixing those bugs quickly, but as others have said Cryptic needs to do some major work on their QA and software release processes.
Commander
# 6
02-21-2013, 04:57 PM
As said in other posts, as the Bundle sits now, The ships preform better without the 3 consoles than with, That needs attantion also or your 3 pack sales will suffer.
Ensign
# 7
02-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tonight at Midnight PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Can you fix that i cant after respawn in STF maneuver the ship ?
Career Officer
# 8
02-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamencan View Post
Can you fix that i cant after respawn in STF maneuver the ship ?
Hit the "escape key" or deselect your target.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Captain
# 9
02-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Wow, super fast fix, gg cryptic.
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Career Officer
# 10
02-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
As said in other posts, as the Bundle sits now, The ships preform better without the 3 consoles than with, That needs attantion also or your 3 pack sales will suffer.

Sorry bud, there are only two types of consoles that get designed.

Type 1) Useless.

Type 2) Overpowered.

I'm sure the devs thought they could mitigate the Wing Cannons [SAD]x4 with a nice ACC bonus from the 2 piece, which would work if it wasn't for the fact that in general slotting toy consoles is more a detriment to your ship than a benefit.

Closed Thread