Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 11
03-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
No matter how good it is, I would never lay down all the resources the project required for a consume-on-use item. IF they made it re-usable, then I might get it.
it has 10 charges to it....Ive got a BoP and that one has 10 charges to it so im assuming the D'deridex is the same...10 charges with a 15 min CD between each use?

then again the damn ships only last a minutes -_- hmm a 1:15 ratio ...WTH devs

I dont give a crap about them being OP in PvP..quit listening to the minority -_- it comes in..foucs fire on that to take it out then its gone for 15 mins...what is so hard to grasp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Commander
# 12
03-18-2013, 07:55 PM
I was thinking of making one of these after capping Romulan rep yesterday. I'm glad I held off and happened to stumble upon this thread.
Career Officer
# 13
03-18-2013, 08:03 PM
PvPers cry, Cryptic nerfs.

Were these things seriously a problem? Really? An experienced level 50 player should be able to pop a D'deridex like a balloon.
Empire Veteran
# 14
03-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
PvPers cry, Cryptic nerfs.

Were these things seriously a problem? Really? An experienced level 50 player should be able to pop a D'deridex like a balloon.
And they do pop that easily. However, the problem did not lie with the D'deridex being hard to kill. It lied with the fact that it was essentially a summonable ship, including all the things it would use over and over. Stuff like it's Torp HY, Photonic Shockwave, etc...most important though:

Viral Matrix.

VM is wicked in PvP because it can force people to use Engineering Team on someone, or possibly shut down a whole team in some manner if the right DOFFs proc. So to summon a ship that can use that freely regardless of what your class and ship is, was powerful.

Then times it by 5, for a whole team doing it, especially at the get-go of a match.

Captain
# 15
03-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey guys, I created that thread "moaning about the romulan ship"

And all I have to say to you guys is this...

LEARN TO FRACKING READ.

No one in the pvp community asked for this to happen to romulan ship, all the pvp community asked for was for the ship to not be useable in pvp. Guess what, cryptic then basically told us too bad, we're gonna change it instead.

This is not the pvp communities fault and I for one am getting sick and tired of the pvp community being blamed for crap it had nothing to do with.

I say good day to you sir's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?