Lt. Commander
On iOS ATM so sorry for any typos.

I made a foundry mission where you travel back in time, through a timewarp to 2039 (ish, it's something like that).

To make the space map become more interesting I took an idea used in "Enterprise" - When Daniels show Archer this device "historical objects/visions" appear.

I thought I could add this to my timewarp effect in space.

So on my space map I have a warp effect, and when you travel to the end of the warp, throughout you see iconic scenes from Enterprise's (the ships) or Star Trek you could say. I used NPC contacts.

Since these contacts have available bios, I was wondering if I could add cannon information in them about each ship. Stuff like when it was commissioned, how long the class was in service for etc, no specific names of crew or captains etc as I don't think that's allowed? Just little basic info to make them more interesting if players chose to interact with the NPCs.

Is this allowed? (Asking before I do etc) if so, any more suggestions for the info?

Yes it adds nothing major to the story, so I named each NPC "historical event" - I would assume players may choose to view the bios for info about those events, such as all those role players or even those who try to find every secret / Easter egg in foundry missions.

Many thanks.

Last edited by enterprise629; 02-24-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
Rihannsu
# 2
02-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Yeah, it's fine as long as you don't make any characters based on real people or duplicate the likeness of any real people.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah, it's fine as long as you don't make any characters based on real people or duplicate the likeness of any real people.
Ah thank you, I did read this section but I kinda misinterpreted it a little. Such as, does a specific ship class as a character, just like the likeliness and use of character names. I suspect not!

Example: use enterprise D in story, the ship IS the Ent D. In my mind, that's just like using a character from the show, and that's why I asked.

This is my first foundry mission by the way.

Anyways, thank you! I'll get to it later today (GMT).

My mission is called "Temporal Investigations" and needs reviews and what not. The basic story and features are uploaded and ready to play with minor adjustments to be added later.

More info in the Foundry Mission Database section.

Last edited by enterprise629; 02-24-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: On iOS so editing = correcting spelling mistakes.
Rihannsu
# 4
02-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Nah, it's the actual human actor likenesses that you can't use. Names of characters portrayed, and ships are perfectly fine.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.