Lt. Commander
# 61
01-12-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJSavage
Says 2:21 on mine but then I've set my options up
with champions i just left it as it is, incase i couldnt be bothered to add 8 hours onto my current time:p

it really does amaze me how alot of people dont get the idea of time zones/cant count haha
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-12-2010, 06:30 AM
This is my first time playing a Cryptic game - but it's SO like SOE and the Everquest series so far. Hopefully they will be a bit more accurate with their times. Unlike SOE who couldn't understand timezones OR estimate how long a patch was really going to take.

Under promise and over deliver like Mr. Scott Always multiply your repair (patch) estimates by a factor if 4 to protect your repuation as a miricle worker!
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-12-2010, 06:33 AM
it was the same on CO start .. shame they didn't learn their lession and use a better error message.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
This is my first time playing a Cryptic game - but it's SO like SOE and the Everquest series so far. Hopefully they will be a bit more accurate with their times. Unlike SOE who couldn't understand timezones OR estimate how long a patch was really going to take.

Under promise and over deliver like Mr. Scott Always multiply your repair (patch) estimates by a factor if 4 to protect your repuation as a miricle worker!
Cyptic are really good for their patch times/ maintainance etc.

Comming from the City of Heroes games when then owned them all those years ago.

and lets face it SOE are just terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:

with PM (project management), we always add at minimum ~20%, sometimes 40% on top of any quotes or estimates... just to be safe and not go over budget. Should be standard practice with everything.
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightDrone
Cyptic are really good for their patch times/ maintainance etc.

Comming from the City of Heroes games when then owned them all those years ago.

and lets face it SOE are just terrible.
They have experience in this type of thing, after all.

Darn, the guy above me decides that today he is gonna replace his flooring... blasted sob. Hopefully my headphones drown out the noise.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
Darn, the guy above me decides that today he is gonna replace his flooring... blasted sob. Hopefully my headphones drown out the noise.
I have a pair of those quiet comfort 15s - absolutely amazing bought them to drown out the wife!!!
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
I have a pair of those quiet comfort 15s - absolutely amazing bought them to drown out the wife!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all.
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-12-2010, 07:17 AM
The main problem i think is that fx steam didnt list that the game wont be open till a specifc time, only the date!
So LOTS of people expected that it was as a unilaterel time standard GMT zone.. As did i untill i started browsing like mad searching for that error message..
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-12-2010, 07:21 AM
It's also a pretty poor error message, "You are not allowed to log in at this time" implies an issue with me or my account only, rather than a maintenance period.