Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
01-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionasarah View Post
It's also a pretty poor error message, "You are not allowed to log in at this time" implies an issue with me or my account only, rather than a maintenance period.
Sorry but it says what it says "You (the user) are not allowed to log in AT THIS TIME" It does not say there is a problem with your account or that your username or password is incorrect. Doesn't take much searching since every second thread..... you know what, **** it.

That is all, have a nice day.

The avatar says it all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
01-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skera
The main problem i think is that fx steam didnt list that the game wont be open till a specifc time, only the date!
So LOTS of people expected that it was as a unilaterel time standard GMT zone.. As did i untill i started browsing like mad searching for that error message..
So lots of people should really, really learn to use the search function more effectively.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
01-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Maybe your avatar is there for your double post? ^_^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
01-12-2010, 07:30 AM
its 10am PST guys...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
01-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
Sorry but it says what it says "You (the user) are not allowed to log in AT THIS TIME" It does not say there is a problem with your account or that your username or password is incorrect. Doesn't take much searching since every second thread..... you know what, **** it.

That is all, have a nice day.

The avatar says it all.
The literal meaning is not in question, the problem is the sheer amount of things that could go wrong to present such a generic error message.
Most major MMOs list scheduled maintenance times on the log-in screen for a very good reason.

I know full well how to search and found the issue immediately, but there are a good number of people who do not have such an attention span and are quite content to spam a forum with the same question.

The fact is that for something as common as a maintenance period, not being able to simply tell the user what the case is does not bode well. Especially, as has already been pointed out, the Steam page promises the open beta starts on the 12th. If that was 12th 00:00am PST then fine, but 10:00am is such a bizarrely late time when it's not obvious to the end user.

If you really can't see the problem with this then I don't know what to tell you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
01-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PythagoreX View Post
its 10am PST guys...
No it isn't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
01-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Erm, I would like to point out that in the OPEN BETA POST BY THE DEVELOPERS it clearly states that the Open beta starts at 10am PST.

How hard is that to understand, I really cant understand how people thing because there is a maintainence period that the servers will be up and ready to play before the allotted start time for this has occured.

I mean come on..... READ the Important information section of the forum, its there for a good reason.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
01-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionasarah View Post
The literal meaning is not in question, the problem is the sheer amount of things that could go wrong to present such a generic error message.
Most major MMOs list scheduled maintenance times on the log-in screen for a very good reason.

I know full well how to search and found the issue immediately, but there are a good number of people who do not have such an attention span and are quite content to spam a forum with the same question.

The fact is that for something as common as a maintenance period, not being able to simply tell the user what the case is does not bode well. Especially, as has already been pointed out, the Steam page promises the open beta starts on the 12th. If that was 12th 00:00am PST then fine, but 10:00am is such a bizarrely late time when it's not obvious to the end user.

If you really can't see the problem with this then I don't know what to tell you.
And i don't know what to tell you... so i won't.

Have a nice day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
01-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonRising
Erm, I would like to point out that in the OPEN BETA POST BY THE DEVELOPERS it clearly states that the Open beta starts at 10am PST.

How hard is that to understand, I really cant understand how people thing because there is a maintainence period that the servers will be up and ready to play before the allotted start time for this has occured.

I mean come on..... READ the Important information section of the forum, its there for a good reason.
Hmmm... I like this guy. He gets it at least.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
01-12-2010, 07:45 AM
2 hours 15 minutes to go.

Click the link below to determine what time it is in PST.

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 AM.