Captain
# 1 Phased polaron
02-22-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm thinking about loading up on some phased polaron beam arrays

Before I spent like 2 mill on them can anyone say if there good or not

Plus does the phaser proc gimp/nerf affect them and the polaron proc

Any help greatly appreciated or not either way thanks for looking
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 2
02-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I'm thinking about loading up on some phased polaron beam arrays

Before I spent like 2 mill on them can anyone say if there good or not

Plus does the phaser proc gimp/nerf affect them and the polaron proc

Any help greatly appreciated or not either way thanks for looking
Like all procs, it's marginal.

I hope you know that you can get these as a mission reward from playing ?Boldly They Rode? episode. IMO it's worth just playing the episodes than spending 1M EC to get the stuff.

I think they are upgradable now though from the Lobi store.
Captain
# 3
02-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post
I hope you know that you can get these as a mission reward from playing ?Boldly They Rode? episode. IMO it's worth just playing the episodes than spending 1M EC to get the stuff.

I think they are upgradable now though from the Lobi store.
Both incorrect. The polaron weapons available from that mission were renamed "Dominion Polaron" some time before the Dominion box was released, have the Tetryon and Polaron procs, and are only available as Rare (up to Mk XI).

The Lobi Store only has upgrades for sets (Jem'Hadar ground and space, Tholian ground). The Mk XII Jem'Hadar space set, however, is very strong when used with Polaron weapons.
Republic Veteran
# 4
02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Use them all the time on my Tank Beam Boat and love them. Very strong and high DPS when used with the proper con-cols.
Captain
# 5
02-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Tbh, if I were you I would just stick with pure polarons. It's kinda silly if you think about it... gimp ALL their power levels AND shut down a subsystem for a few seconds with a 12 second cooldown? Um... no. I'll stick to my Polaron Beam Array mk XII [crtd] [crth]x2 thanks.

It's not worth losing out that extra bonus for a phaser proc. If this is for PvE, phasers are mostly not that useful (due to procs not being horribly effective on NPCs), and Polaron is wonderful... so as stated, just stick with pure polaron. You won't lose out on that 3rd bonus, AND you get a proc that is useful in both PvE and PvP.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!